What Is A Good Mark For Success?

The last 3 nights I've played in the 1K added 6 dollar buy in tournament on Party Poker. out of the 3 nights I cashed twice. 50th once, 41st once. and one night I lost fairly earlierI've had some rough outdraws in these tourneys, but I guess that is to be expected.(Went out tonight with KK vs KQ. he hit an inside straight at the river)What does it take to win a limit tournament? Am i over valuing the big pairs in limit?Looking for some advice on it because I'd really like to take it down. Thanks in advance

when you play the partypoker 1k added limit tourney you have to be ready to take a lot of bad beats because people play so bad and no one folds anything. Ive played that tourney probably 10 times and only cashed I think 3 times, going deep 1 time to finish something like 14th. Ive had more success in stars limit tourneys with smaller fields, winning 2 $20 limit tourneys.In order to go go very deep in a limit tourney you need to get a little lucky. Normally in the early stages its fairly easy to chip up if you can just hit a couple hands because people play so bad and you can afford to just sit back and wait for good starting cards and quality flops while everyone else plays trash. Once you get deeper in the tourney you're going to have to get lucky. While it does become easier to steal blinds because the amount you can bet is a lot more relative to your stack than early on, when you get called you're going to have to make some hands. If you're AK isnt hitting, or your small pairs arent making sets, or you're running into bigger pairs there isnt really much you can do, its very easy to win or lose a lot of chips late in a limit tourney, the swings are huge.If you're geting into the money on a regular basis with a decent stack then you're doing about all you can do, after that you just have to hope you hit a couple hands and get paid off. Don't try to force your hands through other people that arent willing to fold because you'll just end up giving chips away or playing a bigger pot than you want to. Unless you're at a very tight table with people that are willing to give up there blinds every time then just sit back and wait for big starting hands.

appreciate the response. So when you made it to 14th did you hands hold up or? What do you think about especially early, about not bluffing at all? Seems like t hats where I ran into the most trouble was semi bluffing at the blinds. Thanks for the info

appreciate the response. So when you made it to 14th did you hands hold up or? What do you think about especially early, about not bluffing at all? Seems like t hats where I ran into the most trouble was semi bluffing at the blinds. Thanks for the info
never ever ever make a complete bluff in the early stages of any limit tourney because people are going to call you down on a regular basis with middle pair or even ace high (this is doubly true for party poker). Semi bluffing is ok, depending on how big your hand is, because a lot of the time enough people are going to call you that you actually have decent odds, plus the fact that you bet disguises that you're on a draw. If you have a nut flush draw with the A, or a pair and a flush draw, or a straight and flush draw semi bluffing is definitely the right play in a multiway pot, but if you're heads up dont try to force your hand through someone because they're going to call you down.The time I finished 14th my hands held up most of the way through, I think I took 1 bad beat in all of the later stages that made me shortstacked, then I made a nice comeback and busted when I got my chips in preflop in a race situation when I was shortstacked and didnt hit.Another suggestion that is especially true for the party tourneys is in early stages to limp in with suited connectors whenever you think you can see the flop for the minimum. With so many people seeing the flop if you hit the flop you can actually win a nice sized pot which can help you later, but if you miss the flop then you just fold and lose an insignificant amount of chips.