Cunningham Insulted Me During The Me!

I was sitting at Cunningham's table during day 1 for about 2 hours, right after he had pulled a flush on a river when all-in to save his tournament life against a guy with trips (crazy how one suckout can change an entire tournament). For the first hour, I didn't see a single playable hand, and was getting pretty frustrated. I was sticking to the Harrington method, and I literally folded every time. So at one point I said, "What am I supposed to do if I don't see anything better than 10-high." Cunningham was 2 to my left and replied, "Maybe the cards aren't your problem." I was a bit taken aback since he was so quiet and soft-spoken, but I'm almost positive that's what he said.Granted, I then picked up AA (A on flop), AK (K-rag-rag flop) and AJ (A-J-rag flop) to get a nice boost to my stack, at which point the table broke (fortunately), but I got a good story out of it--especially if he wins.

I was sitting at Cunningham's table during day 1 for about 2 hours, right after he had pulled a flush on a river when all-in to save his tournament life against a guy with trips (crazy how one suckout can change an entire tournament). For the first hour, I didn't see a single playable hand, and was getting pretty frustrated. I was sticking to the Harrington method, and I literally folded every time. So at one point I said, "What am I supposed to do if I don't see anything better than 10-high." Cunningham was 2 to my left and replied, "Maybe the cards aren't your problem." I was a bit taken aback since he was so quiet and soft-spoken, but I'm almost positive that's what he said.Granted, I then picked up AA (A on flop), AK (K-rag-rag flop) and AJ (A-J-rag flop) to get a nice boost to my stack, at which point the table broke (fortunately), but I got a good story out of it--especially if he wins.
Id have to agree with Cunningham. Sometimes you need to make things happen when you arent catching cards. At least to win you do. You cant win a tournament on your string of good cards. Everyone will run dead at some point. I dont think it was rude, just pointed. Cunningham plays in dozens of tournaments and sits down with all types of players and Im sure the last thing he wants to hear is how some guy cant get anything better than 10-high. Im sure it gets old. And when you are as successful as he is Im sure he probably played 10-high for a raise the previous round and took a decent sized pot. With a field that big Im sure you were one of many amateurs complaining about this or that and he was just being honest. If you are going to play poker you have to have thick skin. Good luck.
Id have to agree with Cunningham. Sometimes you need to make things happen when you arent catching cards. At least to win you do. You cant win a tournament on your string of good cards. Everyone will run dead at some point. I dont think it was rude, just pointed. Cunningham plays in dozens of tournaments and sits down with all types of players and Im sure the last thing he wants to hear is how some guy cant get anything better than 10-high. Im sure it gets old. And when you are as successful as he is Im sure he probably played 10-high for a raise the previous round and took a decent sized pot. With a field that big Im sure you were one of many amateurs complaining about this or that and he was just being honest. If you are going to play poker you have to thick skin. Good luck.
Oh, he was totally right. I thought it was amusing more than anything else.

Hey - look at it this way. At least you told the whole table exactly how you play. I'm guessing you didn't get a lot of action on those monsters did you?Other than that, yeah, he was probably just being pointed. Winning or even doing well in a major tournament takes more skill than it does great cards.

maybe cunningham is an *******..****ing dickriding posters, GOD DAMN
Everything i have heard about the guy say hes a hell of a nice guy. This is the first negative thing ive ever heard about him so Ill give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Its much easier for me to believe we have an oversensitive OP than to think a guy with a well-known gentile reputation just happened to be an a$$. you do the math.
Everything i have heard about the guy say hes a hell of a nice guy. This is the first negative thing ive ever heard about him so Ill give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Its much easier for me to believe we have an oversensitive OP than to think a guy with a well-known gentile reputation just happened to be an a$$. you do the math.
Ye, but all we know about him is from TV. I thought Mel Gibson was cool, but in reality, he's a jew hating homeless man. Even look at Raymers comments about DN. Thought he was cool too.

He probably said something because its annoying as hell to hear "I dont get anything better than 10 high". Lots of people complain when they dont see premium within the first hour, gets old really fast. Doubt it was really meant as an insult.

He probably said something because its annoying as hell to hear "I dont get anything better than 10 high". Lots of people complain when they dont see premium within the first hour, gets old really fast. Doubt it was really meant as an insult.
This was probably the case. You're in contention for best 4th post ever.
For the first hour, I didn't see a single playable hand, and was getting pretty frustrated. I was sticking to the Harrington method, and I literally folded every time. So at one point I said, "What am I supposed to do if I don't see anything better than 10-high." Cunningham was 2 to my left and replied, "Maybe the cards aren't your problem." I was a bit taken aback since he was so quiet and soft-spoken, but I'm almost positive that's what he said.
You should be paying him 10 $ for the free lesson in stead of complaining, because he was right... if the cards doesnt do the work, you have to :club:
Ye, but all we know about him is from TV. I thought Mel Gibson was cool, but in reality, he's a jew hating homeless man. Even look at Raymers comments about DN. Thought he was cool too.
true but do you see the OP context? doesnt make sense that he was just trying to be an a$$. within the context of the comment, seems he is just responding like anyone would to someone complaining about being card dead. It would be different if the OP had just said "Man Im card dead." thats a harmless comment that we have all made from time to time, but his comment was "What am I supposed to do if I don't see anything better than 10-high?" He is leaving himself wide open there and any of us with any experience with 'whining poker players' would have said the same thing if not worse.
This was probably the case. You're in contention for best 4th post ever.
He didn't say it with any ire or anything. He was a really nice and classy guy, it was just really funny hearing it coming from him, and it took me by surprise. I don't think he meant anything mean by it at all.
true but do you see the OP context? doesnt make sense that he was just trying to be an a$$. within the context of the comment, seems he is just responding like anyone would to someone complaining about being card dead. It would be different if the OP had just said "Man Im card dead." thats a harmless comment that we have all made from time to time, but his comment was "What am I supposed to do if I don't see anything better than 10-high?" He is leaving himself wide open there and any of us with any experience with 'whining poker players' would have said the same thing if not worse.
true enough.