Wsop Circuit - Indiana

I'm planning on going down for a couple of tournies at the beginning of the WSOP Circuit at Caesars Indiana. Is there anybody that went last year, or is going this year? The information on the website is very sparse, I wanted to know about blind structures and what kind of satellites they have. I'm going to play in the satellites the day before and possibly for the ME, so if anybody has any info, or is going this year and is in need of it also, let me know...thanks.

I wasn't there for the circuit but I stayed there during the Kentucky Derby, was worth the drive to the derby, and it was a fun place to stay at, I'm planning on going to the Circuit there cause of the care they took for my family during the Derby weekend...

This is a fabulous poker room. The tournament was extremely well run last year. I did not do any satillites, but the regular tournament structures were fair and gave you plenty of play. Also, there was a tremendous 30/60 stud game there that was to die for. The side games were packed and had lots of loose action, and are worth the trip on their own. If you go, stay right on the property as it is in the middle of nowhere and other than maybe the marriott downtown, the hotels were not much to speak of.

Why do you think they have TWO circuit events there this year? Because it is probably the BEST poker room outside of Vegas, and there are a TON of players. The largest circuit event by far.The side games are JUICY. I just play 1/2/NL and my $250 buyin turned into $1975 one day and $100 buyin into $650 the next.My wife took 29th in the Ladies Event (out of around 315). I didn't even play in any of the tourneys, was going to but was making too much in the cash game.The room is great, the dealers are very good. COMPS are SUPERB if they do the same as last year, just walk up and they'll hand you a $10 food comp! Keep an eye out on the desk, go up a few times when different people are up there and you'll never pay for food your entire stay.Structure for the single-table sats are the same as any other circuit event, which is pretty agressive. That one crying dude (the redhead) was there, people were giving him crap all the time. It was funny.Overall GREAT ROOM, GREAT PEOPLE.

Wow, sweet. I've been wanting to go there for a while, didn't know it was so highly revered. I'm going to play the first two or three tournies for sure and then go from there. Beyond that, it's hard to leave town for more than a week, plus it's listed as 189 a night over the weekend for a room there. Which brings me to my next point...is there a good way to get the rooms for cheaper, especially since I'll be there for several nights. I know it said rewards members could get discounts, but I've never been there. Thanks guys.

I doubt you're going to get any discounts to stay there, and there are no other hotels very close.The only other close hotel is the Hampton Inn, about 7 miles away. You may want to try that one. We're staying there, but we're paying $29/night since my wife works at a Hampton ;)Exit 3 off of the highway has a bunch of cheapos, but you're talking 20 minutes at least each way.

There are some other hotels around New Albany that aren't very far, and also places around Corydon or into Louisville that are about 20-25 mins away.I'm actually heading down to Caesars tomorrow for a few days, and I think I'm going to play in their weekly tourney on Saturday.They were running lots of sats last year, expectedly fast blind structure, payout in tourney chips that could be used for other sats or any of the events. Sats were all winner take all, but often the final two would make a deal to split.Overall I think it's the best cardroom in Indiana...

It sounds like there's a few other decent options. I'm planning on staying there but checking in case because their website listed like there were rooms available but when I checked Expedia for their prices, it listed them as sold out.

Hey Rags, if you are there Thursday night, hopefully they will still hvae their Midnight Madness tourney.... dude it's so funny, around 11pm a line starts and by 11:45 it's from the back of the room OUT the front door!I think the structure for MM is pretty good, I didn't cash but ended up around the top 25% of players.

I'm hoping to play that too... I just wasn't sure if Thursday midnight meant tonight and tomorrow night (since technically midnight tonight is Thursday)... I figured they meant tomorrow night.Thanks for the heads up...

They're having a 2nd Circuit tourney in the spring too. I saw Men the Master there last year. I'm short and he came up to about my waist.The WSOP tournament directories come in to run these events so the structures are pretty good.Oh yeah, forget playing that Thursday midnight crapshoot. Just sit in on the cash games and wait for the donkeys to get herded to your table as they busto.

This event is from October 17-November 2, correct?
I believe it's Oct 19 - Nov 2 and the other circuit event held there is Mar 26 - Apr 4.I don't believe that they've released a full schedule of events yet, though.

I don't play in the tourney's out there but I LOVE that room. It's big, new, and they run a ton of games. The 1/2 NL there is a lot of fun. I live 2.5 hours from there. It's worth the drive.

I haven't made it down there from Cinci yet. This circuit event may be the best time for me to go. I LOVE juicy cash games.

I live in Louisville which is the largest city near this place. Pretty easy to get to. They just expanded the room in the last year and it makes it the largest room between Vegas & Atlantic City. Denny Crum (Hall of Fame former University of Louisville basketball coach) is their ambassador. He is into poker big time and goes out to the WSOP each year. Maybe not a big deal to you guys, but to us U of L alums and rabid Cardinal fans....Denny is a God!if you do not stay on property, I would suggest going over to downtown Louisville to stay, as New Albany is a really small town with not much to offer. There are several nice places downtown to stay and you will be 25mins away tops.Any other questions about the area...don't hesitate to ask!Bass

My neighbor went down there last year for one of the circuit events. He did pretty well for his first tourney. Placed 29th out of 954. He did say that even tho he went down early enough he was an alternate and got in at Level 3 or 4, so he was playing pretty tight at first. Other than that he said it was a great experience.

Does anyone have the actual structure for the events? I know the ladies event was super agressive so I rather play in one of the 1000-1500 events if the structure is a little slower.. Is there a site that has them listed?Thanks

what do you mean by the structure being super aggressive?.... I wish i was 21
It means that the blinds are raised higher and/or quicker compared to the amount of starting chips, usually.