Ak Vs. 72s ---- Guess Who Wins.

Playing .05-.10 NLHIm on the button holding AK off. Action folds around to me. I make it .45 to go. SB folds BB re raises to 1.20. Flop comes A 9 4 with 2 clubs. BB raises $2.50. I just call. Turn brings an 8 he bets 5 and i put him all in for 9 more. He calls and the river brings a club, so if he was on a flush draw he hit. He turns over 72 of clubs. What a donkey! ---------------------------------------So i turn to you FCP community, is there any other way that i could of playedthis hand better? jcashx36x

wait until someone hits runner runner perfect on you and then come in and disguise your bad beat story as a general question.thanks.i don't mind the play (but i probably would have raised the flop). if this guy is going to let you stack him off on a draw then let him. looks like the money was getting in either way.better luck next time

Speaking of donkey, he totally outplayed you here. He probably knew you were a weak, passive player and thought he could outplay you postflop.

Playing .05-.10 NLHIm on the button holding AK off. Action folds around to me. I make it .45 to go. SB folds BB re raises to 1.20.
Here's his first good play. You're probably just trying to steal the blinds and he reraises, figuring you'll fold your mediocre steal hand. In this particular case, he was incorrect, but I like his raise.In the same moment, you make a mistake by not reraising him. You have to be aggressive when you play poker. Put pressure on your opponent. Value raise your good hands. Stop giving away money
Flop comes A 9 4 with 2 clubs. BB raises $2.50. I just call.
Another brilliant play by your opponent. Representing the ace from his preflop bet, he continuation bets the flop heads up. I really like his line of representing a particular hand. The most genius part of his play is that his continuation bet isn't a mere bluff - it's a semi-bluff. This way, he still gets some value when a weak passive player calls him. It even adds deception. Because he's representing the ace, you won't suspect him hitting his flush.And again, you misplay it. You're usually ahead here, and you NEED to raise for value. You also need to raise in order not to give a free card to a pair and/or flush draw. I cannot repeat this enough: be aggressive. Your opponent certainly is.
Turn brings an 8 he bets 5 and i put him all in for 9 more.
On the turn, he fires a second bullet. This is an advanced play. He continues to represent the ace, and continues his flush draw semi-bluff. Many bad players heads up will often call in position and peel a card. Many bad players also fire a single bullet on the flop and give up once it fails. Knowing both of these, he makes another robust play. He can count on you to fold anything but a pair of aces or better.You FINALLY raise here, which I admit is a marginally good play. However, I must iterate this again: you should have raised earlier. If he had reraised preflop or on the flop, you could have known where you stood and released your hand. By waiting until the turn, you're commiting yourself to the pot, which is a bad move in case he has any number of scary hands: AA, 99, 88, 44, AK, A9, A8, A4, any pair + flush draw.At this point he is essentially pot commited. It's true he doesn't have odds to call against AK. But if you're bluffing even just 50% of the time, his call is profitable. And even if you aren't bluffing 50% of the time, he's considering his metagame in this call. He's obviously smart enough to know you'll go on tilt if you lose, and these implied odds make the call correct. He also knows that by calling here, he'll advertise to the table that he calls with bad odds - but the key point is that he advertises cheaply.Your opponent masterfully outplayed you on every betting round. Why do you come here and complain that players are outplaying you? Instead, you should focus on getting better and learning to RAISE.
On the turn, he fires a second bullet. This is an advanced play. He continues to represent the ace, and continues his flush draw semi-bluff. Many bad players heads up will often call in position and peel a card. Many bad players also fire a single bullet on the flop and give up once it fails. Knowing both of these, he makes another robust play. He can count on you to fold anything but a pair of aces or better.
how can he not put op on a good ace here?op raises pf, calls a reraise, and just flat calls a pot sized flop betdefinately shoulda c/c'd w/ his fairly well disguised draw

sluggo makes about 80 good points. don't really know what to say after that post, tough act to follow...the 1st thing i want to know is what kind of player is the villian. loose, tight, passive, aggressive, etc... I want to know what kinds of hands he is going to make this reraise with. complete garbage or does he really have a hand? if he's the type to raise with any type of garbage/any 2 cards... I would have pushed preflop, knowing that im either at a huge advantage or at worse a coin flip. if he's a solid player who would only reraise with premium hands, than i'd play with caution. gotta go with reads from here on outbut like sluggo says, aggression is key. if your not raising, your folding. calling should rarely be an option

Holy crap that is seriously the first time anyone has ever, especially in the history of low limit Texas Hold em, hit a flush on the river..Never once before..You should email whatever site you are at and ask for your money back