What Daniel Did In The Main Event Will Make You Sick! Shocking!

There is no way in he11 Daniel would squirel away the chips in a mannner like the kid who just stole a cookie. Total BS. Like I said, he would rake in the chips, sort out the stack by color and stack them here and there. He did not have many yellow at that point, so what good would hiding them do? They stood out like sore thumbs no matter where it put them! They were there, out in the open for all to see. You are accusing him of being dishonest and it is that I take issue with. Bu11shit on you O P.FLAT OUT....YOU ARE WRONG.....He knew exactly what he was doing. EXACTLY....He knew exactly how long to wait....If you were really there, you would know where he stacked the chips....You keep telling yourself he didn't know....He knew...As for the other posts saying I am tough guy...lol...all I said was good luck with punching me....Why when someone is dishonest in poker, does another feel violence is necessary..Why can't someone express dissappointment without being called a liar. As for HOW I express myself....I don't think I did it stupidly as the previous poster commented...Again...sorry guys....This happened...exactly how I said it...

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no way in he11 Daniel would squirel away the chips in a mannner like the kid who just stole a cookie. Total BS. Like I said, he would rake in the chips, sort out the stack by color and stack them here and there. He did not have many yellow at that point, so what good would hiding them do? They stood out like sore thumbs no matter where it put them! They were there, out in the open for all to see. You are accusing him of being dishonest and it is that I take issue with. Bu11shit on you O P.FLAT OUT....YOU ARE WRONG.....He knew exactly what he was doing. EXACTLY....He knew exactly how long to wait....If you were really there, you would know where he stacked the chips....You keep telling yourself he didn't know....He knew...As for the other posts saying I am tough guy...lol...all I said was good luck with punching me....Why when someone is dishonest in poker, does another feel violence is necessary..Why can't someone express dissappointment without being called a liar. As for HOW I express myself....I don't think I did it stupidly as the previous poster commented...Again...sorry guys....This happened...exactly how I said it...
can't...complete...single sentence...without...taking a...breath.i don't mean to flame. i don't really give a crap either way.
So you're a lawyer *and* a tough guy?Cool.Your story is stupid, your offense at his actions is stupid, and you express yourself stupidly.Even if true, it would be the Blind, dealer and floors responsibility, not anyone elses, especially some stupid tough guy lawyer in a basketball jersey standing on the rail.Go away.
God I missed you.
So you're a lawyer *and* a tough guy?Cool.Your story is stupid, your offense at his actions is stupid, and you express yourself stupidly.Even if true, it would be the Blind, dealer and floors responsibility, not anyone elses, especially some stupid tough guy lawyer in a basketball jersey standing on the rail.Go away.
Thread is over..........go away people, nothing to see here!!

Once the pot was pushed to Daniel, either the dealer or a floorperson must direct Daniel to return any additional chips to another player. Daniel cannot simply say, "sorry buddy here's 2k". The floor or tournament director could then disqualify a player (Daniel in this example) for giving chips to another player in the tournament.So while he may have known there was a possibility that additional chips were in the pot, he must wait for direction from a dealer or TD to return those chips to any other player.

Don't be a jerk dude, that's way out of line. I did nothing wrong, pulled no shot, and had ABSOLUTELY no idea he put too much in. Why do you assume I somehow knew when NO ONE else seemed to know. As you mentioned, I was playing for my tournament life. It was a high stress moment and I didn't look to see if the big blind was right at all. After I won the pot, the NEXT hand I heard you tell your buddy that he put in too much in the big blind. I listened to what you said while playing the hand. He talked back to you, unsure, and then I started looking at my stack. By the next hand, I realized that you had to be right. I'd won no pots after that hand and didn't start with any yellow. I now had four yellows. I felt bad for the guy (he still had like 250,000 btw), and then let him know that it was probably true. I, yes "I" called a floorman over because I didn't want any bad karma. The floorman made a ruling that it was just too late. I swear on my dog Mushu that I had NO IDEA until you said something from the rail. I even came up to you on a break to explain.

I will be the first to say this, I am -- WAS -- A HUGE Daniel Negreanu fan until I witnessed something that made me sick to my stomach. This occurred on Day 3 of the Main Event of the 2006 World Series of Poker. Daniel was sitting at Table 56, just along the isle, to his right my a good friend of mine MIKE who I had been watching since I busted on Day 2. ---Daniel, you remember me, the one in the basketball jersey that you spoke with once the break started. ---I was on the rail watching the action. The blinds were $1,200 and $2,400 with a $300 ante and 11 minutes left in the level. At this point Daniel had approximately $30,000 in chips or so after losing a lot of his stack prior to coming to the table. The key here is I was watching this table for hours. This is what occurred ---Daniel was on the button, his chip stack was COMPLETELY made up of black chips...He had NOTHING but $100 black chips to start the hand. Everyone folded to Daniel, who decided to push. Mike in the small blind folded his hand (he had put out one yellow worth $1,000 and two black), the big blind after much comtemplation decided to fold. However, I noticed that the big blind had put out too many chips!!! Instead of two yellow and four black (which would have been $2,400, he put out FOUR yellow and four black, worth $4,400). I immediately noticed this and prior to the next hand, alerted MIke of what had happened. The Dealer gave the chips to Daniel. Mike then told the big blind what had happened who alerted the dealer. MIke also directly told Daniel what had happened, pointing out that he had 5 yellow instead of 3 which he should have had. Daniel then took the 5 yellow and hid them to the side of his stack until the next hand was dealt. As this was going on, the break was nearing. After 4 MORE hands, and Daniel having won a couple of pots, he said "I'll get the floorman". He did that, knowing that he had waited enough hands and won a couple of more small pots, collecting the additional yellow, that there was no way they would be able to give the guy his chips back. All the while, Daniel looks like the good guy.I know you were crippled in chips at that point Daniel, but what you did was wrong!!!! Absolutely wrong and classless!! I have always admired and respected your game, and even marveled at the way you are able to read players, but that was all thrown out the window when you STOLE $2,000 in chips at the Main Event of the World Series of Poker. You looked directly at me when I was telling everyone what was going on. You looked pissed....I hope that you were not pissed that someone would catch what you did, but just pissed that someone would actually speak up.I know you will claim you had no idea, which is a total crock of crap, but hey.....whatever helps you sleep at night.I hope you are man enough to admit what you did, and hope others will accept that in the heat of the moment you made a bad choice. I -- and everyone else--- would respect you again, at least somewhat. A Former Huge Fan.....Harvey D.
Don't be a jerk dude, that's way out of line. I did nothing wrong, pulled no shot, and had ABSOLUTELY no idea he put too much in. Why do you assume I somehow knew when NO ONE else seemed to know. As you mentioned, I was playing for my tournament life. It was a high stress moment and I didn't look to see if the big blind was right at all. After I won the pot, the NEXT hand I heard you tell your buddy that he put in too much in the big blind. I listened to what you said while playing the hand. He talked back to you, unsure, and then I started looking at my stack. By the next hand, I realized that you had to be right. I'd won no pots after that hand and didn't start with any yellow. I now had four yellows. I felt bad for the guy (he still had like 250,000 btw), and then let him know that it was probably true. I, yes "I" called a floorman over because I didn't want any bad karma. The floorman made a ruling that it was just too late. I swear on my dog Mushu that I had NO IDEA until you said something from the rail. I even came up to you on a break to explain.
How do you explain that picture of you clubbing the baby seal?
I felt bad for the guy (he still had like 250,000 btw), and then let him know that it was probably true. I, yes "I" called a floorman over because I didn't want any bad karma. The floorman made a ruling that it was just too late.
So then you ADMIT that you did it out of self interest and not because you're a genuinely good perosn.HE ADMITTED IT!

No YOU ARE WRONG. I Knew NOTHING until I heard you mention it. When do you think you mentioned it, railbird that was way out of line? You mentioned it AFTER the hand was over. I heard you mention it as I was stacking chips and the next hand was being dealt. I then started to think about it, and try and figure out if you were right. As SOON as I realized you were right, I called the floor over.

As you mentioned, I was playing for my tournament life. It was a high stress moment and I didn't look to see if the big blind was right at all.
You were in the zone.Heading into the room you looked like Norton in American History X.

The bottom line is you are a SPECTATOR and shouldnt be interfering with play. Also you as a player are responsable for your cards and chips its the players fault for not protecting his chips. The dealer should of noticed or the player its not down to daniel to protect the other players stacks for them.