2006 Wsop Me -- The Year Of The Donkey

Is it just me or is the play today Donktacular??Look at this hand:David Einhorn raises $150,000 from the cutoff and Dustin Holmes calls from the big blind. The flop comes 5s4d4s and Holmes checks to Einhorn who bets $250,000. Holmes then re-raises all-in for another $1,510,000. Einhorn counts the pot, thinks for a few minutes, and then makes the call. Einhorn shows Ac2s while Holmes flips over 65h. The turn and river bring the Qs and the 5d. Holmes fills up on the river and doubles up to $3,400,000.Raise with A2 off....ok. Flop bet .... maybe.But calling that re-raise???Plus earlier knockouts:an all in pre flop with A7 offAll in with 88? ok maybe...Allin with 55 no way.

Is it just me or is the play today Donktacular??Look at this hand:David Einhorn raises $150,000 from the cutoff and Dustin Holmes calls from the big blind. The flop comes 5s4d4s and Holmes checks to Einhorn who bets $250,000. Holmes then re-raises all-in for another $1,510,000. Einhorn counts the pot, thinks for a few minutes, and then makes the call. Einhorn shows Ac2s while Holmes flips over 65h. The turn and river bring the Qs and the 5d. Holmes fills up on the river and doubles up to $3,400,000.Raise with A2 off....ok. Flop bet .... maybe.But calling that re-raise???Plus earlier knockouts:an all in pre flop with A7 offAll in with 88? ok maybe...Allin with 55 no way.
After the pot, Einhorn told the table that he was actually Ray Finkel and had kidnapped Dan Marino and snowflake screamed "Laces In"! Everybody was pretty confused.
After the pot, Einhorn told the table that he was actually Ray Finkel and had kidnapped Dan Marino and snowflake screamed "Laces In"! Everybody was pretty confused.
Einhorn is Finkle.......Finkle is Einhorn.......Einhorn....is a MAN!!!!!!!!

I don't think the play was that bad. You have to take into account how Holmes was playing. Maybe he was really loose and playing and betting a lot of pots.Did Einhorn have a lot of chips that he can afford to gamble?You cannot look at the board out and say that was the wrong play. Holmes had a freaking pair 5's with a six kicker. To go all in is the stupid play not the other way around.

The bluff call is one of the hardest things in poker to master.Don't hate the guy for doing the near impossible.Only someone like Phil Helmuth could have dodged that bullet.