Hey guys,Recently I played in a game where they had a few prop bets to make the game more fun. I had read about props and thought it would be fun, but wow, it made it SO much more fun. It got me thinking about an idea that would be fun to try online.I want to test the idea tonight on a given table...maybe on Pstars since thats where the other guys who wanted to try it are. Each of us would have a number of small props along with a few larger (but rarer of course) ones. By the end of it we should break close to even, but it could make for some fun.This would only be during the first hour, where we'd see about 50 flops (this was the case tonight, where jono16 and I tried the prop betting for the large sum of 10 cents). There would be no fee to be a part of this obviously, and each playerwould be responsible for sending the others the $ at the end. The prop would be for flops only, so if the flop came all spades, or with a pair of Kings, etc. 888 would be a big one for example (odds are 1/425 for trips on flop I believe).Here are the props I propose for tomorrow. I got these off of some prop sites I found online along with the odds, so they are pretty fair. I will let people decide which ones they want. In all we can have up to 12 players I guess, and if it is going well we can go from there.I am going to shoot for 4 players, so this is what each would get:Player 1: 2's,9's,T's (each appearance of a single card wins 1 pt, pair is worth 10pts, trips 100pts)Player 2: 3's,8's,J'sPlayer 3: 4's,7's,Q'sPlayer 4: 5's,6's,K'sEach player also gets a suit, so if all diamonds come on the flop, player 1 gets 50 points.If board comes straight flush in a given suit, 100 points.These values can change, and we can make each point worth 10 cents, a quarter, dollar...etc. Odds are it ends up even, but if someone gets lucky you never know. At the end we could all figure it out and pay each other accordingly.Anyone who wants to be in this first trial group please respond, and we will figure out some more fun ones. I'll take up to 10 people since I already have two.By the way, I'm perfectly fine with doing it for pennies since its just an experiment, so anyone is welcome.If you have any ideas let me know, I know Daniel posted about his prop bets a while ago in the journal so that could be fun to imitate.

I play ALOT of props in our 25/50 mix game. We usually pick $100 door cards for stud games, 3 cards for flop games, and usually some other random bet (like if someone wins a hand being the dealer, then he has to split half the pot with people playing props.

Wouldn't all of these props have an EV of 0?
I fear that if I answer you someone like Actuary will come in with facts and ruin my argument.Suffice it to say that betting on the randomness of cards against 1 player would make your EV 0Against more than 1 would make it -1. If 5 people played, then after 5 million times the average would be most likely even. But if they played 5 million and 4 times, than 1 person will be short one bet.Therefore props is -ev
I fear that if I answer you someone like Actuary will come in with facts and ruin my argument.Suffice it to say that betting on the randomness of cards against 1 player would make your EV 0Against more than 1 would make it -1. If 5 people played, then after 5 million times the average would be most likely even. But if they played 5 million and 4 times, than 1 person will be short one bet.Therefore props is -ev
and 1 person will be up 1 bet...so i guess prob betting is +EV as well? :club:
nice math bub, you have a full and complete understanding of ev. :club:

Odds are you break even, but it makes it fun....there is no fee or anything like that, and since we are on the rail it wouldn't matter with regards to rake, etc.In a simple prop where everytime a 2 hits the flop you get $1, and everytime a 3 hits the flop I get a $1, between two people you are saying that isn't even?