Guess What He Had, Help Needed...

On the bubble in recent tourney with about 600 people, top 100 get paid. 110 people left, I am about average chips stack with 19000, my opponent is UTG with about 21000. Just got moved to this table so not sure how he plays, blinds are 600-1200.He raises to 2400 UTG. I call from the cutoff with 10 :club: 10 :D and everybody else foldsFlop - A :D 2 :D 6 :) He checks, I checkTurn - 10 :) He bets 1200, I raise to 5000, he pushes all in.Couple of Questions...1. What do you do if you were me? I called because 40000 in chips would have put me with the chipleaders, and I was playing to win the tourney not just make the money, but i could be wrong.2. What do you think he has? Remember he raised UTG?Thoughts and opions are welcomed, I will tell you what I had after I get some feedback...

On the bubble in recent tourney with about 600 people, top 100 get paid. 110 people left, I am about average chips stack with 19000, my opponent is UTG with about 21000. Just got moved to this table so not sure how he plays, blinds are 600-1200.He raises to 2400 UTG. I call from the cutoff with 10 :club: 10 :D and everybody else foldsFlop - A :D 2 :D 6 :) He checks, I checkTurn - 10 :) He bets 1200, I raise to 5000, he pushes all in.Couple of Questions...1. What do you do if you were me? I called because 40000 in chips would have put me with the chipleaders, and I was playing to win the tourney not just make the money, but i could be wrong.2. What do you think he has? Remember he raised UTG?Thoughts and opions are welcomed, I will tell you what I had after I get some feedback...
AK suited for the flush?

i'd push personally. There is only a small chance that he actually has AA. The fact that he checked the flop could mean he slow played AA or more than likely, could mean a smaller pp KK, QQ even AK afraid of the Ax to pair the board. I just think the likeliness of him actually having you beat at that point is very slim and i would go for itsry didn't see the flush draw there, still go nuts he probably would've continued bet the flush draw on the flop.

i'd push personally. There is only a small chance that he actually has AA. The fact that he checked the flop could mean he slow played AA or more than likely, could mean a smaller pp KK, QQ even AK afraid of the Ax to pair the board. I just think the likeliness of him actually having you beat at that point is very slim and i would go for itsry didn't see the flush draw there, still go nuts he probably would've continued bet the flush draw on the flop.
Min raise UTG?? AA. He flopped top set, and the turn was brutal for you :club: Tough spot, u go broke, gg.
A10 with the A of clubs. He wouldn't push all in with much else.
I like this answer, and put it as very likely....but...He checked the flop when an Ace hit... I could put him on KcQc as well. Ray

Him checking the flop looks so fishy..I could legitimately seeing AJ-AK clubs or AA, which really sucks..I don't think he would check the flop w/ Ax, one club, but maybe..My guess is AQ :club:

A10 with the A of clubs. He wouldn't push all in with much else.
I think this or AK/AQ (with maybe a club) are possibilities. He might've been trying to slowplay his top-pair, good/top kicker an when the flush draw came out he realized he could potentially lose the pot if another club came.Personally, I think it's going to be AA a lot less often than its one of those hands.

My Guess is he had Ace-Queen off with the Ace of Clubs and rivered his flush. When the blinds are high like that I wouldn't have called over 10% of my stack pre-flop. You've got to raise or fold. If it was on-line, I would have folded (because you have no fold equity if you raise). I have a huge gap between what I'll call with and what I'll raise with if I'm first in the pot, at this stage of the tournament. I'm looking to get my chips without a showdown which means reraising those I think are capable of folding to a re-raise pre flop, and making the first raise. If you can get your chips without a showdown, you don't have to worry about being sucked out on. :club:

I would have gladly taken my lumps if he had AA, A10 with the A :club:, or AK with a :club:But he had K :D J :D, needless to say the board didnt pair and I was out...What do you think about his play from UTG and mine?

Your thought process needs to go on from the beginning of the hand.new player, has you covered and he doubles the blind from UTG. I too will just call with 10-10. I start to put him on middle pairs, suited connectors and do not rule out AA and KK as well as AK (I would not play them that way but there are many bad players that do). He could have almost anything, but let's start there.The flop comes with an ace and two clubs. He checks. This is suprising as you would expect a continuation bet with an Ace and a draw on the flop. I too would check behind him (maybe he was looking to check raise with AK maybe he has middle pair and feared the Ace, maybe he had suited connectors and would be happy to see a free turn (bad thought, but possible). Now I am curious as to whether he hit a set of aces, but that is still unlikely. If he has a club draw why not CB? If he has an ace, why not CB? Personally I would bet a set of anything here as well as the ace if I was him with the flush draw on board.Now the 10 of clubs comes up and he makes a small bet. Before you raise, what was your thought process? Mine would be he could have a flush, he could have just one of the flush suit or he could be betting because I checked and he has a mid pair maybe 77 or 88. I too would raise about what you did (less if I was going to fold if he reraised me), but I would tell myself that if he comes over the top I am calling and if he just calls I am moving in if the turn is not another club. I might stop and think for a second as to why my raise did not get him to fear the flush, but I am going to go with my instinct here and follow up on my plan (many people believe you would not bet a flush hard here and his c/r looks like a flush so it is a good play if he does not have the flush).Given the thought process the call is easy. That is why it depends what you were thinking as the hand plays out. If he has AA I am out (one out) If he has the flush I have 10 outs, but most likely I am way ahead.Again, if i was going to fold to his reraise I would have made a smaller raise, but since that is not an option I am playing my set the whole way.

I would have gladly taken my lumps if he had AA, A10 with the A :club:, or AK with a :club:But he had K :D J :D, needless to say the board didnt pair and I was out...What do you think about his play from UTG and mine?
Yeah baby, that right, who calls it like me! Well.. I was closest at least.Ray
Preflop, I think your decision is close between pushing all-in or calling. Given the size on the blinds, pushing it all in is certainly a reasonable strategy, especially if there is some fold equity. Calling and taking a flop to decide if you want to make your move depending on the action and what flops also seems resonable, especially because you have position.I think the mistake is made on the turn. The outcome would likely be the same, but raising to 5k doesn't seem like a good option. There is 6600 in the pot on the flop. With his 1200 and your 5000, the pot is 12800 and your raise is only 3800. I think you if you are going to raise, you have to shove all-in on the turn. You do not want him to be able to draw to a 4th club that cheaply. In this case, you opened it up for his all-in move. A raise of 3800 on the turn does not seem like a strong play.-Twinkizzle