Kk - Bad Fold On The River

Preflop: Hero is SB with [Kh], [Ks]. MP3 posts a blind of $2. UTG raises, 3 folds, MP3 (poster) calls, CO calls, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets, BB caps, UTG calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Hero calls.Flop: (18 SB) [Qd], [2s], [Ts] (4 players)Hero bets, BB raises, UTG calls, CO folds, Hero 3-bets, BB calls, UTG calls.Turn: (13.50 BB) [9c] (3 players)Hero bets, BB calls, UTG calls.River: (16.50 BB) [Jd] (3 players)Hero bets, BB raises, UTG 3-bets, Hero folds, BB caps, UTG calls.Final Pot: 25.50 BBIs this pot too big to fold? I think it was pretty obvious that I was beat. BB isn't going to be capping with KQ preflop, so I ruled that out.

Did you just fold the river with the second nuts where we have two of the first nut cards including the Ks which eliminates the possibility of the AK flush draw on the flop in a 25.50BB pot?
What's realistically being three bet there that I can beat?
Okey, the answers you got probably wasn't all that informative so I'll try to get a better discussion going. Firstly, did you have any reads on the players involved in the hand? Rocks, maniacs, etc.?
Okey, the answers you got probably wasn't all that informative so I'll try to get a better discussion going. Firstly, did you have any reads on the players involved in the hand? Rocks, maniacs, etc.?
Thanks for being productive. It seems most people on this forum just want to make inane and obvious comments that really add no value to the discussion.UTG was a loose passive donkey. I didn't really have a read on the BB.
at 2/4? AA/QQ/JJ/TT/99
Aces or queens would make sense if the turn and possible flop action were different. It seems too implausible to me for someone with top set (or aces, I guess) to wait until the river came to bet.
Thanks for being productive. It seems most people on this forum just want to make inane and obvious comments that really add no value to the discussion.UTG was a loose passive donkey. I didn't really have a read on the BB.Aces or queens would make sense if the turn and possible flop action were different. It seems too implausible to me for someone with top set (or aces, I guess) to wait until the river came to bet.
It seems people come to this forum, ask for advice, and then get offended easily when advice is given to them. If you are going to get offended so easily and you think you got it right, then dont post the hand.And yes never fold here. U have the 2nd nuts. Let me guess he had AK and you are a genius? wrong results oriented. Always call here

Think about this question:How often does this laydown have to be correct for it to be +EV?Hint: with KK in your hand, I doubt any of the posters here are skilled enough to fold this profitably on the river. Myself included.

That has to be the WORST fold ever.I have called similar hands many times, only being beat about 18% of the time.This is LIMIT holdem, its all about value decisions in the long run. You're best there about 89% of the time. So call.IF it were no limit, then I think MAYBE i can justify a fold, only if I had alot of dope (and I mean like a pound or so), and a full bottle of bacardi 151.

hey, guys, we're getting about 8:1 when we expect it to be raised behind us a fair amount.Sets pump the turn/cap the flop.by no means is this the worst fold ever.I couldn't fold it.BB is playing this like AK all the way.and/or UTG could be as welll.

While it could be AK, we have two Kings, this making only 8 combos of AK available.I think that alone makes it a call.It could be KQ, KJ, etc.I still think it's a call. I realize it's not an awful fold, but I don't do it.

we are overcalling a 3-bet, actually. So, the chance we are ahead of both of them given the prior action is less than 1/15, imo.we are hoping for a split. I see this as paying 2.5 bets (at least on Ave) to win 12.5 BB less than 1/6 times or 25 BB well less than 1/15.I have no doubt it was a knee jerk reaction to run him out of town for folding here.

It could be KQ, KJ, etc.
KQ is a slight possibility. But if one has KQ, what could the other possibly have that he's raising/three betting? KJ doesn't really make sense.
I have called similar hands many times, only being beat about 18% of the time.This is LIMIT holdem, its all about value decisions in the long run. You're best there about 89% of the time. So call.
Which statistic are you using? I'm beat 18% of the time or I'm beat 11% of the time? Or are these completely arbitrary numbers?