blinds 20/40Me 1700tAve 2000tEP raises to 125. He has 1300tMe in MP.why do I push ?What is wrong with me?I disregard: EP raisedMinimal overlayI have decent mulitway handI got pos on raiseI am not one of the worst players at table*****************Is this a flat call (keep pot small, encourage worse hands to come in, possibly increas FlushDraw equity) or Raise to 350 and a fold if pushed behind me, getting circa 1.4 : 1I really need to trust my post flop play more.

I like a reraise and fold if pushed. It's early so losing 350 here isn't going to kill you. They might push with JJ or TT, but too early to race anyway.If you call, and flop a Q, you're going broke (well almost) to KK or AA just like if you push preflop. If you call and flop an A, you're in a tough spot.

I like to call in this situation...keep the pot small for now since it's still early in the tournament. If someone raises behind you or pushes you can fold and easily just lose the call instead of re-raising to find out you have either a caller behind you or a re-raise. If you hit your A or Q you can choose at the point to keept the pot small as obviuosly you will have position if everyone folds behind you. A push is bad in my opinion and I don't re-raise this early.

I just did some rereading of HOH, and it definitely reminded me of the value of position and not forcing preflop play when you have it. I'd say if you have a tight table make the call, and if you have the sort of table that's going to limp/raise after you with lesser hands, raise small and fold to a reraise.

why do I push ?
Was the table extremely shorthanded?In a 'normal' tourney (whatever that is) with no reads, I fold AQsuited to an EP raise unless the table is short or unless I had a read. Admittedly, I play a little tighter than most preflop though. If the raiser's range could be large (any two suited broadway, pairs down to 88), then you might want to see a flop.-M
Was the table extremely shorthanded?In a 'normal' tourney (whatever that is) with no reads, I fold AQsuited to an EP raise unless the table is short or unless I had a read. Admittedly, I play a little tighter than most preflop though. If the raiser's range could be large (any two suited broadway, pairs down to 88), then you might want to see a flop.
You fold AQs due to an EP raise online? I see sooooo many players raise thinks like AJ and AT UTG, so I don't think I can be convinced of a fold.For the record, I don't hate a call, but I still think a raise is in order. I'd be worried about players calling behind us if we just call though.

I like the call here since the blinds are low and you have position. Early stages of the tourney, I'd rather try to keep the pot small with AQ. I don't hate the raise to around 300 but the push is a no-no. In position, I wouldn't fold this but I could see folding this if I was in the SB.

but the push is a no-no.
I had gone 6 STT's in a row w/o cashing.my first down turn in a while and perhaps was a bit tired.No clue why I did this.I have anxiety problems (seriously) and sometime it manifests itself thru my poker
I had gone 6 STT's in a row w/o cashing.my first down turn in a while and perhaps was a bit tired.No clue why I did this.I have anxiety problems (seriously) and sometime it manifests itself thru my poker
Seriously, I used to only play STTs. I'm still a 30+3 junkie on Paradise. Though, I'm obsessing my limit game right now (on Absolute). If you want me to rail you, MSN me and I'll give you some real-time feedback. mjd-im@surly.orgEither way 6 w/o cash isn't beyond expectations. You'll be back soon.-M
I fold it. I hate A-Q. If I don't fold it, I call hoping to hit the hell out of the flop. I'm not going to play hard post flop if I hit an A or a Q without some other outs.A-Q = Trouble!
yeah, I know.You hate AQ. You're pretty biased.It's not a bad hand. But it's not easy to play.I usually do better than this though :club:

I don't like the raise coming from EP. Unless you have reads otherwise, EP is raising with nothing but premium hands.I wouldn't put a re-raise into this pot. Yeah, you may isolate the original raiser, but you still have AQs and you're still probably beat as of now.I make the call and see the flop. Though I'd have to hit the flop pretty hard to continue in the hand.

I don't like the raise coming from EP. Unless you have reads otherwise, EP is raising with nothing but premium hands.
Ugh. No they're not! Yes, they should be, but no they're not! People online seem to have no concept of position. So many raises UTG with AJ, AT, KQ, KT...