Beanie & Daniel (more Wsop Drama)

I don't know if this hand or the other will be on TV because it really would put Daniel in a horrible light and the reality was he was just frustrated and shoved and I read him for that and happened to be right. So I am the cutoff, and directly to Daniels left, he shoves for 42k, I have about 160k at the time, I call him with A 5, as the table folds he says "I must be dead" and I say "I doubt it, you probably are about 40% to win", when I show the A 5 he flips his lid and says "wow, I thought you were a better player than that, what a donkey call you just made". Daniel and I have a little history but time has healed some of that for me and I doubt Daniel cares much now either but its sort of like when you had a fight with a kid when he was 8 and he still thinks you dislike him, I think that is why he thought I called or something. Truthfully, I thought I probably had the best hand and I did, by quite a bit, he ended up having Q 5. When the Q hit, I got barraged with standard Danielism's like "too bad kid", "didn't work out for you son", I don't know Daniel all that well but I know that when he is calling you "Kid or Son" he is trying to demean you but he was fighting for his life and got lucky and probably was just venting a little, it didn't really bother me a great deal what he said or did so I found no offense to his comments. Then the rail started chiming in, and once again, I had little problem with any of this the reality was it seemed the writing was on the wall at this point just nothing could go my way. Anyway, a guy wearing a FCP hat says "nice call donkey, thanks for the chips" Daniel asked him to be more polite but in truth he was just following Daniel's lead. I actually give the guy slack it must be frustrating to be under all that pressure. Even with our history I have grown to really respect Daniel over the last few years and I think what he has done with FCP is fantastic and I wish him well, he is a true ambassador for the game and I took no personal offense to anything he said to me, or anyone from FCP for that matter.Daniel did you really rip on P5's mascot and call him a donkey ? wtf :club:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got barraged with standard Danielism's like "too bad kid", "didn't work out for you son", I don't know Daniel all that well but I know that when he is calling you "Kid or Son" he is trying to demean you
I was at the WSOP as a part of the FCP promotion. I busted out on day 1 and, during the day 3 dinner break, Daniel asked me, "how you doin', kiddo?" I kind of grinned because I'm 10 years older than Daniel. It's my impression that when Daniel calls anyone "kid," "kiddo," "son," etc. it's his way of building rapport and not demeaning anyone in a condescending manner. I've never played at the same table as Daniel, but I've witnessed him talking to the other players and he seems to receive as much gratification from the interaction as the other players do and many of the other players view Daniel as a celebrity!I can't speak to the other individual who thanked you for donking off your chips, but I've got a high opinion of Daniel and it's not because I'm one of his sheep on the FCP website. I can go elsewhere and be just as well off.
ok how many posts do I need to shed this fk'n 'forum newbie' tag B)
You, sir, need 1000 consecutive posts illustrating knowledge, intelligence, and understanding. Good luck!
ok how many posts do I need to shed this fk'n 'forum newbie' tag B)
you actually need 1000 before you can change it to whatever you want, but less before it changes from "newbie." probably 100.
You, sir, need 1000 consecutive posts illustrating knowledge, intelligence, and understanding. Good luck!
name one poster that has done that! :club:

Are you people all really focusing on the fact that he was calling him kid etc etc. He told the guy he made a donkey call and then rubbed salt in the wound after he spiked a q(according to this guy.) That's not a cool thing to do, and certainly makes Daniel look very bad.

Are you people all really focusing on the fact that he was calling him kid etc etc. He told the guy he made a donkey call and then rubbed salt in the wound after he spiked a q(according to this guy.) That's not a cool thing to do, and certainly makes Daniel look very bad.
OH HELL NOOOOO.Whenever a donkey makes an awful call on me or sucks out...and I somehow luck out or re-suckout to rightfully take my place as the winner of the pot..I will tell them.."You got what you deserved." (Shieky stole that from me, I have been saying it for years)
OH HELL NOOOOO.Whenever a donkey makes an awful call on me or sucks out...and I somehow luck out or re-suckout to rightfully take my place as the winner of the pot..I will tell them.."You got what you deserved." (Shieky stole that from me, I have been saying it for years)
LOL
If everything in the original post is true it's not an awful call.

Regardless of whethere he believed he had the "best hand" calling that bet with A5 was sort of a donkey move.I mean A5? Even if are aware of being in the lead with an A-high, do you really want to chance about 1/4 of your stack with it? ESPECIALLY PREFLOP?? A definite bad move if you ask me.

Regardless of whethere he believed he had the "best hand" calling that bet with A5 was sort of a donkey move.I mean A5? Even if are aware of being in the lead with an A-high, do you really want to chance about 1/4 of your stack with it? ESPECIALLY PREFLOP?? A definite bad move if you ask me.
If daniel made that call you'd all be up in arms over what a great read it was etc, etc...
Yep.It was a good call.
damnit Demonde... change your av.

Anyone who thinks that was a donkey call is an idiot. Did he call with the best hand? Yes. Case closed, next please.BTW - that's real classy to rub it in after you hit a 3 outer. Did Daniel happen to "I felt, I just felt it, I knew you were going to call with a better hand!"Seriously ppl, as mentioned before, if DN made this call you'd be calling him god and talking about how much of a donkey suckout it was for a Q to come.

Anyone who thinks that was a donkey call is an idiot. Did he call with the best hand? Yes. Case closed, next please.BTW - that's real classy to rub it in after you hit a 3 outer. Did Daniel happen to "I felt, I just felt it, I knew you were going to call with a better hand!"Seriously ppl, as mentioned before, if DN made this call you'd be calling him god and talking about how much of a donkey suckout it was for a Q to come.
Thank you for a little sanity.Is it just me or has DN become the savior that does no wrong to way too many ppl on the forums. He's a great player, but is capable of mistakes.

We all know Daniel has a huge range here... he could have 92 offsuit, for all we know. It was obvious he was going for the blinds, and the opponent made a very good call.Against a regular opponent shortstacked, I might fold there... but against Daniel? With that aggressive of a style? No way am I folding unless I feel he's strong.~ TR

We all know Daniel has a huge range here... he could have 92 offsuit, for all we know. It was obvious he was going for the blinds, and the opponent made a very good call.Against a regular opponent shortstacked, I might fold there... but against Daniel? With that aggressive of a style? No way am I folding unless I feel he's strong.~ TR
you have to give him credit for a big hand after he's been raising 90% of hands for the majority of the ME, jeez.