Possible Changes For Next Season

I'd actually like to go with Saturdays also frankly, I think it's a better day. Also, we could even play three games on Saturdays and make the season have more games. A 15 week season with 3 games a week is 45 games.... just a thought.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4PM start time sounds good, rescheduling is available if both opponents agree.Also, I think we should try to play 2 games per week. Like mcpickl said, if you start out 5-10 or something like that, imagine how tough it'd be to play out the remaining 10 weeks.
Like this idea too. Times can/should always be negotiated and adjusted when/if scheduling issues arise. Everything else Daniel suggested sounds great.so for my vote, I have no problem either way. peace! :club:
I'd actually like to go with Saturdays also frankly, I think it's a better day. Also, we could even play three games on Saturdays and make the season have more games. A 15 week season with 3 games a week is 45 games.... just a thought.
yeh I like this idea, the more games the better. The only person this may hurt is sleuthis, but I bet he can deal or get some help with the league.
Saturdays are wayyy to tough for me, unless the matches start after 7PM EST.

I prefer Sundays to Saturdays. It is more of a lazy day for those of us who work. How about playing half the games on Saturday and half on Sunday? I like the 4PM EST start. People will reschedule anyway.

I prefer Sundays to Saturdays. It is more of a lazy day for those of us who work. How about playing half the games on Saturday and half on Sunday? I like the 4PM EST start. People will reschedule anyway.
Agreed. There's too much going on with Saturdays. For the players who grind for a living these are the best nights to make money.I dunno...perhaps it's just me but I don't think there's that many things wrong with the league. The feedback has been good so why not make minor adjustments instead of an overhaul?

I agree with the changes except the 1600-1400 advantage and changing to Saturday. For one I work on Saturday, but I think Sunday's are better days in general. I also think just having a start time at 3 or 4pm and then the teams can change if needed is a good idea. We need to have a start time or some teams wouldn't be able to find a time to play.Another question, when would the next season start? Would it be a year after this one started or are we playing more than one season per year?

yes yes yes, ive been complaing about the 10AM games all season, theyre brutal...i love the idea of having all the games at 4pm eastern.i also support the 25 game season instead of the 15 game season...the teams will spread more.i also think the 7 game series with a 1-0 lead is perfect, 1-0 lead in a 5 game series is too much to overcome...

1. yes yes yes, ive been complaing about the 10AM games all season, theyre brutal...i love the idea of having all the games at 4pm eastern.2. i also support the 25 game season instead of the 15 game season...the teams will spread more.3. i also think the 7 game series with a 1-0 lead is perfect, 1-0 lead in a 5 game series is too much to overcome...
1. I like that idea too2. 25 games would be great. I even like Daniel's suggestion of a 45 game season - still, if my matches today were any indication, that could be a long day of HU.3. Yes, 1-0 lead in a 5 game series IS tough. I'm still reeling! :club:
Guest Guest
yes yes yes, ive been complaing about the 10AM games all season, theyre brutal...i love the idea of having all the games at 4pm eastern.i also support the 25 game season instead of the 15 game season...the teams will spread more.i also think the 7 game series with a 1-0 lead is perfect, 1-0 lead in a 5 game series is too much to overcome...
Having to play an early match while I was in Vegas for WSOP, I can say yes 10:00am PST is brutal. 4:00 est gives everyone a chance to sleep in like the bums we are.
I work on Saturday!!!!!!!!I like the longer season, but 25 games seems a bit much. I like the idea of the later Sunday matches. I lost every early match I played because I suck and also, I had just woken up.The playoffs 1 game advantage makes perfect sense.
Having to play an early match while I was in Vegas for WSOP, I can say yes 10:00am PST is brutal. 4:00 est gives everyone a chance to sleep in like the bums we are.
If we were going to do 2 games each Sunday, 3 PM would be vastly better to 4 PM. Like I said, all of the big Sundays are at 4:30, 4:30, 6, etc etc.

With all the changes and rescheduling of start times during the season, I was thinking the following.It seems that teams were able to get together and arrange times to meet and play with very few problemsI was thinking that perhaps the schedule could be simpler:ie - Week 1 - Looshle vs Zimmer.........(each weeks games will be played between Friday and Monday). Teams will agree on a time to be played and will post in pregame forum by Fridays at noon EST.This should cut down on defaults immensely and should make everything more flexible for everyone.The main reason to have set times is so other teams can rail their opponents and keep the league more interesting. So, as long as everyone knows in advance when teams are playing they can rail when they want.Any thoughts on this?

idea
i have no problems with it, as long as you think that everyone will make good. just make sure you outline a policy of when the match is if no one posts in the forum by friday, and how you go about handing out defaults when they happen.
With all the changes and rescheduling of start times during the season, I was thinking the following.It seems that teams were able to get together and arrange times to meet and play with very few problemsI was thinking that perhaps the schedule could be simpler:ie - Week 1 - Looshle vs Zimmer.........(each weeks games will be played between Friday and Monday). Teams will agree on a time to be played and will post in pregame forum by Fridays at noon EST.This should cut down on defaults immensely and should make everything more flexible for everyone.The main reason to have set times is so other teams can rail their opponents and keep the league more interesting. So, as long as everyone knows in advance when teams are playing they can rail when they want.Any thoughts on this?
I couldn't agree more. This is the way to go. I had to reschedule multiple times this season and everyone seemed very accomodating. It's extremely easy to get a hold of people via PM.
I couldn't agree more. This is the way to go. I had to reschedule multiple times this season and everyone seemed very accomodating. It's extremely easy to get a hold of people via PM.
speaking of this, when do you want your season to end?

I like it but the only thing I can think of would be with the pm's. What if I PM the team captain about playing and he isn't the one playing it, or is on vacation and doesn't get it or something. I think we should keep a start time with the knowledge that this is an option. But either way it's no big deal.

i have no problems with it, as long as you think that everyone will make good. just make sure you outline a policy of when the match is if no one posts in the forum by friday, and how you go about handing out defaults when they happen.
I already know what will happen. Basically if no time is posted by friday at noon, then I will ASSIGN a time for the match. (non negotiable)In addition several times this season, there have been threads addressed to "whomever" is playing for a team this week - and have been replied to.
I already know what will happen. Basically if no time is posted by friday at noon, then I will ASSIGN a time for the match. (non negotiable)In addition several times this season, there have been threads addressed to "whomever" is playing for a team this week - and have been replied to.
alrighty, as long as there's something in place, which i knew there would be. the only reason i like it the way it is now is because if neither team agrees on a time, then the set time is still there and someone from each team has to show up. everyone was more than accomdating in rescheduling games this year, so as long as that continues i dont think it matters one way or another.

Everything seems to indicate that all the teams that participated in this season are invited back to the next season, correct.Are there plans for expansion at all, which was discussed previously? If so, that'll also effect scheduling and number of games.

ok - here's an idea I like - actually have always liked. I must however, preface this by saying I dont think Daniel is in favour of it.I like the idea of each team having the same number of members (either 3 or 5) with each member playing a game each week. The home team gets to choose which member on the opposing team their team members will face.I like this idea for a few reasons - namely it adds to the "team" concept of this league. It also allows for any team member who contributed finacially to his team to ensure he gets to play, and would add to the total number of games during the season.One difference in this would be that team members would have to be set preseason (however a list of alternates could be accepted in the event a team member is unavailable for a match).Just throwing this idea out there............

Announcements