Sit Annie Duke down in the Big Game at Bellagio/Venetian and come tell us what happens.
because thats the only way to find out whos a great poker player right?what a joke
if there is a god he will make annie miss the final table
Assuming god is a "he"...but if god's a "she"...Annie will win the ME.I base this on absolutely nothing.

I was kind of rooting for Annie to win the main event... until I found google.I had heard about the feud between Daniel Negreanu and Annie Duke. I googled it, and found this:http://www.pokerlistings.com/poker-forum/y...spn-vt3117.htmlShe sounds like... a wench. :|~ TR

Do any of you actually know Annie Duke personally? I doubt it. You are all making judgement based on what you have read. Why would it be so bad if she wins it? Who cares if she is considered the best woman player ever if she takes it down. Maybe she is. None of you have sat with Jen Harman in the big game or any other cash game for that matter. Maybe she has less skill than Annie but a bigger bankroll due to any number of things. Maybe she is better at just limit poker than Annie and that is where she has built her massive bankroll. I mean really you people have no idea, nor do I Yes Jen Harman is probably a better high limit cash game player than Annie Duke, but Annie Duke is almost certainly a better tourney player than Jen Harman, and for all we know, more skilled in the variety of games that is poker. Daniel hates her so you hate her, I get it, but try not to be such sheep once in a while and form your opinions based on logic.P.S.-When did being a great cash game player automatically make you a better player than someone who is a great tourney player?

I'm just hoping who ever wins can speak English, since we have to witness 1,500 commercials in the next year.I can't understand a word Hachem says.
Better hope this guy doesnt take it down then...40Hossein Khodabanelou715,000Up $94,000View_historyYes I'm being stereotypic. (SW)

Here are my thoughts on the issue:First of all, I can agree that Annie Duke is a good poker player. However, from what I hear, every big name pro would agree that Jennifer Harman is a better poker player. Also, I think it is safe to say that it is MUCH MUCH MUCH tougher to consistently win at the big game than win a tournament or two here and there. Doyle Brunson says Jennifer Harman is one of the top 10 poker players of all time. If Annie Duke wasn't Howard Lederer's brother, there wouldn't be a chance in hell that she would be considered one of the best female poker players in the world. What other qualification does she have? We all know she wouldn't have been invited to the TOC in '04 if not for her being Howard's sister and ESPN wanting great TV. It took an amazing number of cards in the end for her to win that thing, plus Hellmuth made some, well, Hellmuthian laydowns against her heads-up, and still lost. If any other above average player in the world caught cards like that they could have easily beat that field as well. She did finish in 10th place in 2000 at the main event, but if that is the only requirement, than why isn't Barbara Enright considered the best? She finished 6th in '95. We all know that you have to get VERY VERY lucky to make it deep in a tournament of nearly 9,000. I'm not saying she got there on luck alone, but I think every player that is still alive in the main event is lucky to be there, including Lisandro and Cunningham and Friedman. If she wins this tournament my opinion of her will not change one bit.

Excerpt from Daniel ripping on Annie..." No, I complained that she wears the SAME dirty clothes, day in and day out. That she wears no shoes and walks around the poker room, and then sits on her dirty, sweaty feet in the Bellagio poker room. Other people then have to sit on these chairs after she's stained them with athlete's foot over several hours. There are dress codes for poker rooms (no tank tops), well how much nastier can you get then urinated foot sweat soaked into $2000 chairs??? "Now THAT'S funny.

Duke's a very good player. She's a legitimate pro. If you don't want her to win, then I have two words for you: Allen Cunningham. or prahlad friedman. or jeffery lisandro. Lisandro is a beast. He's my pick.
Word is he's also a beast in the sack. If David Williams could ever pull his head out of that chick's arse, he'd tell you...
She's gone....
Thank goodness. Now I can still play poker. Actually maybe she should have won so I would have had a reason to quit.
Do any of you actually know Annie Duke personally? I doubt it. You are all making judgement based on what you have read. Why would it be so bad if she wins it? Who cares if she is considered the best woman player ever if she takes it down. Maybe she is. None of you have sat with Jen Harman in the big game or any other cash game for that matter. Maybe she has less skill than Annie but a bigger bankroll due to any number of things. Maybe she is better at just limit poker than Annie and that is where she has built her massive bankroll. I mean really you people have no idea, nor do I Yes Jen Harman is probably a better high limit cash game player than Annie Duke, but Annie Duke is almost certainly a better tourney player than Jen Harman, and for all we know, more skilled in the variety of games that is poker. Daniel hates her so you hate her, I get it, but try not to be such sheep once in a while and form your opinions based on logic.P.S.-When did being a great cash game player automatically make you a better player than someone who is a great tourney player?
First off, shut up. What is she your girlfriend or something? Or is it that you think she is hot and want to **** her. Gross dude. Hey everyone Jennings7 wants to **** Annie Duke
Thank goodness. Now I can still play poker. Actually maybe she should have won so I would have had a reason to quit.First off, shut up. What is she your girlfriend or something? Or is it that you think she is hot and want to **** her. Gross dude. Hey everyone Jennings7 wants to **** Annie Duke
Talk about someone with an anal cranal insertion problem... MAN GET A LIFE
Excerpt from Daniel ripping on Annie..." No, I complained that she wears the SAME dirty clothes, day in and day out. That she wears no shoes and walks around the poker room, and then sits on her dirty, sweaty feet in the Bellagio poker room. Other people then have to sit on these chairs after she's stained them with athlete's foot over several hours. There are dress codes for poker rooms (no tank tops), well how much nastier can you get then urinated foot sweat soaked into $2000 chairs??? "Now THAT'S funny.
source/link?

I dont see where people get off by saying duke is a great tournament player.... what the hell has she won besides the stupid TOC that was a 1 table sit n go?

I dont see where people get off by saying duke is a great tournament player.... what the hell has she won besides the stupid TOC that was a 1 table sit n go?
She has the same amount of bracelets as varkonyi, moneymaker, and Jennifer Tilly.