do you realize that if annie duke makes the final table, she will be universally recognized as the world's top female poker player - and we'll never hear the end of it.
Yes
do you realize that if annie duke makes the final table, she will be universally recognized as the world's top female poker player - and we'll never hear the end of it.
I'd have to disagree with this, and I'd offer Tiffany Williamson as proof. She went very deep in last year's WSOP, and ESPN acted like it was all luck or something. She made huge laydowns (getting away from the QJ against Sheikan's AA, even though it was suited) and suffered horrible luck (running A8 into Raymer's KK and failing to spike even one of the 2 aces still in the deck), but still almost made the final table. Yet no one recognized her as the best female player in the world. I'm sure Tiffany could get away from Queens full when the river made a straight flush possible, too.
She is nowhere close to the best female player whether she wins or not. Jennifer Harman is by far the best female and one of the top players male or female.
Harman is weak-tight compared to Duke. I'm not saying that Harman is a bad player, she's a great LHE player. But Duke is a better NLHE tournament player, imho.
She is nowhere close to the best female player whether she wins or not. Jennifer Harman is by far the best female and one of the top players male or female.
i could not agree more with this statement. i was going to make it if not written already.
I'd have to disagree with this, and I'd offer Tiffany Williamson as proof. She went very deep in last year's WSOP, and ESPN acted like it was all luck or something. She made huge laydowns (getting away from the QJ against Sheikan's AA, even though it was suited) and suffered horrible luck (running A8 into Raymer's KK and failing to spike even one of the 2 aces still in the deck), but still almost made the final table. Yet no one recognized her as the best female player in the world. I'm sure Tiffany could get away from Queens full when the river made a straight flush possible, too.
wow, she laid down QJ SUITED. wow. get her a trophy.
but tiffany williamson was not an established pro - you're right that she did play a lot better than espn seemed to think but annie duke has already made a ME final table and won the TOC.
i could not agree more with this statement. i was going to make it if not written already.wow, she laid down QJ SUITED. wow. get her a trophy.
Actually it was KJ suited, but nonetheless, it was a supurb laydown in which it took 14 minutes to decide. Even though she cussed like she should've called, it was all an act because she knew it was a world class laydown.
Actually it was KJ suited, but nonetheless, it was a supurb laydown in which it took 14 minutes to decided. Even though she cussed like she should've called, it was all an act because she knew it was a world class laydown.
How can you say that laying down KJ suited is a superb laydown. This is a very marginal hand, especially when she was facing an allin.
How can you say that laying down KJ suited is a superb laydown. This is a very marginal hand, especially when she was facing an allin.
Because I thought everyone in this topic knew this was a big SW once we started to talk about the greatness of Tiffany Williamson, geez. So I have to put a (sw) in every obvious (sw) post...sigh.

Duke's a very good player. She's a legitimate pro. If you don't want her to win, then I have two words for you: Allen Cunningham. or prahlad friedman. or jeffery lisandro. Lisandro is a beast. He's my pick.I'll cheer for Duke later on though in the name of a player i've heard of winning the ME

Sit Annie Duke down in the Big Game at Bellagio/Venetian and come tell us what happens.
Who are you refuting? I've never heard anyone say that she would beat the big game.
Duke's a very good player. She's a legitimate pro. If you don't want her to win, then I have two words for you: Allen Cunningham. or prahlad friedman. or jeffery lisandro. Lisandro is a beast. He's my pick.I'll cheer for Duke later on though in the name of a player i've heard of winning the ME
I have alwayed thought Allen Cunningham is one of the best NLHE Tourney players out there for awhile now, I really hope he takes this down. Although, listening to prahlad rapping again would be funny for 1 minute, then sad.
Duke's a very good player. She's a legitimate pro. If you don't want her to win, then I have two words for you: Allen Cunningham. or prahlad friedman. or jeffery lisandro. Lisandro is a beast. He's my pick.I'll cheer for Duke later on though in the name of a player i've heard of winning the MEWho are you refuting? I've never heard anyone say that she would beat the big game.
That's like 8 words, and 3 ill-formed sentences. Stop confusing us with your enlightening social commentaries.
I'm just hoping who ever wins can speak English, since we have to witness 1,500 commercials in the next year.I can't understand a word Hachem says.
I hope Doyle Brunson doesn't win it again then. I can't understand a word he says.....is he French or something? :club:
I hope Doyle Brunson doesn't win it again then. I can't understand a word he says.....is he French or something? :D
nh sir :club:
That's like 8 words, and 3 ill-formed sentences. Stop confusing us with your enlightening social commentaries.
i recon i say what ever the hell i wanna say frontwise sidewise and back wise. so if you wanna go comparin grammer i say what evs and then i say fine.