<rant>I am sooo sick of these people that think they play omaha great, but really only play mediocre omaha. I'm talking about they players that can realize the nuts both ways (so it is hard to extract dough from), but don't know how to bet. AHHHHHHHH!!!So mad, i had the nut low on the turn, bet out, 3 people behind me. The ***-hat goes all in and chases out the other 2. He had the nut flush and was telling me he made a good play because the board could have paird the river giving somebody a boat. AHHHHHHHHHH!! This guy just pissed me away close to thirty bucks that hand, because one of the other 2 would have called. One had the queen high flush, i know it, and the other i think had the second nuts to low. FRIGGIN ASSHATS</rant>

I don't get it. Is he on your team? Why would he care about your stack?
If he knows he's only playing for half the pot, he wants other people in the hand so that his half is bigger.
I don't get it. Is he on your team? Why would he care about your stack?
your obviously not an om8 playerI'm saying he should have called with the nuts to get the other 2 people to call. We had the pot split already between us and he locked it so no other money was in the pot.
If he knows he's only playing for half the pot, he wants other people in the hand so that his half is bigger.
exactly, and he only had the nut high, no nut low draw, so he was only going for half the pot.ahh, the worst part about it is he argued with me that it was a good play to move all in :club:
had the nut high, no nut low draw, so he was only going for half the pot.ahh, the worst part about it is he argued with me that it was a good play to move all in :club:
That certainly sucks, but dont argue with the guy. Try to avoid educating the donks, it'll make you money.
That certainly sucks, but dont argue with the guy. Try to avoid educating the donks, it'll make you money.
the only reason why i tried to educate him was because he wasn't a complete donk. he was playing good solid plo8 and could tell the best hands when they came up.Unfortunantly, he didn't listen to me, and i probably educated some of the other donks at the table
the only reason why i tried to educate him was because he wasn't a complete donk. he was playing good solid plo8 and could tell the best hands when they came up.Unfortunantly, he didn't listen to me, and i probably educated some of the other donks at the table
If this constitutes a good plo8 player i might have to start playin pot limit!By the way, i gotcha.

1. The board could have paired then he has nothing. Great. Let's let someone draw to their outs for free. That would be a mistake. I'll pick up the pot, thank you.2. His bet should have made you consider that you might be getting quartered. Sometimes it is correct to fold there, but obviously you wouldn't make that fold. I make money off people like you all day. If he doesn't pot it even when he doesn't have the lo, there's no way you'll call when he does. Finally, even if he's not quartering you, someone else may have the nut lo also. They may call his bet to get quartered with you. More money for him, and you get boned. But that's exactly why you don't draw lo only.3. Why are you chasing a nut lo only hand in PLO8? That is stupid. Good job, you made a nut lo. And you want others in? What if they had LO outs and you got counterfeited? Just because it didn't happen this time doesn't mean it won't in the future.These are some things to think about before you whine about someone else's play. I'm not saying THIS guy was correct. But the play you describe is not necessarily incorrect in the context of 100's of hands at a table. Some people choose not to value bet the lo and I often choose to punish people who draw to half the pot against me by cutting off any extra money they get. I don't care if it costs me some cash from people. When I quarter you, it's worth it. When you choose not to draw at a naked lo next time, it's worth it.If you want something that's annoying, it's when you have a guy crushed and get him to put everything in then he sucks out over and over again. That's annoying in the short run. Bankroll padding in the longrun.

1. The board could have paired then he has nothing. Great. Let's let someone draw to their outs for free. That would be a mistake. I'll pick up the pot, thank you.2. His bet should have made you consider that you might be getting quartered. Sometimes it is correct to fold there, but obviously you wouldn't make that fold. I make money off people like you all day. If he doesn't pot it even when he doesn't have the lo, there's no way you'll call when he does. Finally, even if he's not quartering you, someone else may have the nut lo also. They may call his bet to get quartered with you. More money for him, and you get boned. But that's exactly why you don't draw lo only.3. Why are you chasing a nut lo only hand in PLO8? That is stupid. Good job, you made a nut lo. And you want others in? What if they had LO outs and you got counterfeited? Just because it didn't happen this time doesn't mean it won't in the future.These are some things to think about before you whine about someone else's play. I'm not saying THIS guy was correct. But the play you describe is not necessarily incorrect in the context of 100's of hands at a table. Some people choose not to value bet the lo and I often choose to punish people who draw to half the pot against me by cutting off any extra money they get. I don't care if it costs me some cash from people. When I quarter you, it's worth it. When you choose not to draw at a naked lo next time, it's worth it.If you want something that's annoying, it's when you have a guy crushed and get him to put everything in then he sucks out over and over again. That's annoying in the short run. Bankroll padding in the longrun.
pwned
1. I bet half the pot with the nut low (i had a2348, i had a345, so i was pretty sure i wasn't getting quatered. Nobody was going to draw for free to thier outs.2. I was fairly certain that he didn't have nut low because i had played a bit with him and had a good feel on the texture of his hand. I also wasn't just drawing at the nut low, i had a good high draw as well, but the 8 was suited with the ace and a blank.3. Again, i wasn't drawing to just the nut low.
If you're playing 8 or better and getting angry over the 30 dollar pots, then you can't be such a great omaha player either..
might not be the best, might not have a huge bkrl, but you gotta build somewhere
1. I bet half the pot with the nut low (i had a2348, i had a345, so i was pretty sure i wasn't getting quatered. Nobody was going to draw for free to thier outs.2. I was fairly certain that he didn't have nut low because i had played a bit with him and had a good feel on the texture of his hand. I also wasn't just drawing at the nut low, i had a good high draw as well, but the 8 was suited with the ace and a blank.3. Again, i wasn't drawing to just the nut low.
OK, I'll bite. Two things stand out here:1) If you have A345 and are drawing to a flush without the Ace, you do NOT have a good high draw in Omaha.2) Even if you did, explain to me how he has the nut flush already and you only have a flush draw? If you're at the turn and he has the nut flush, that means there are (at best) three of one suit on the board, and one of another with one card to go. How do you only have a flush draw at this point?Chad