Hey guys, new to the forum, first time post, but have lurked for a few months. Since this is live I dont know the ettiquete for posting the hands so please let me know if I could have done better. My question is do you call?Hero $190Villian $120, I know he is some what wild, willing to risk his stack, will bluff, but also has good poker sense(sometimes), age early 20's.Live 1/2 NL game.Hero on the button with 33. Villian and another MP limp and SB completes.Pot is Flop is Kd 3d 7c. Pot = $10SB, BB check, Villian bets 5, MP calls, I bump it to $20.Blinds fold Villan calls MP folds.Turn is a 5h Pot = $55Villan checks I bet $40, villan calls.River 9d Pot = $135Villan moves all in for $85

$85 to win $220.What could he have.flushK97799KQKJKTAK97?Or he's simply representing the made flush.I think in the long run you win enough times to justify a call here.

Yeah, I'm calling here. Hard to pin villain on range of handsCould have7799K2 - KTflushI don't think he has the flush. He'd probably check/call (that's my guess) and I don't think he'd be calling the bets you've been putting out.More often than not, your hand will be best.

im pretty sure a call would be good here i mean he could be playing a K 10 or KJ or maybe you just got unlucky and he has an over set. but id say that a call is good reason being that he is just calling u and not raising.....hope u called...

If you're considering calling when the river brings the flush, then you need to push the river IMO. my experience at 1/2 is that this is a fold w/o a specific read. I count bluffable outs sometimes, but I would never imagine to even try it at 1/2live so if you really think he has poker sense, you should think he's not betting this often w/o the flush.

Just an update. I ended up calling and he turned over KJ. He kinda got upset and thought he had represented the flush the whole way. The reasons I told him I called was simply the odds, I was getting almost 3 to 1 and I also didnt feel he had the flush. I also didnt think his push was indicative of someone catching the flush, I figured he would have bet a smaller amount to make me want to give a crying call or a chance to come back over the top of him.

Just an update. I ended up calling and he turned over KJ. He kinda got upset and thought he had represented the flush the whole way. The reasons I told him I called was simply the odds, I was getting almost 3 to 1 and I also didnt feel he had the flush. I also didnt think his push was indicative of someone catching the flush, I figured he would have bet a smaller amount to make me want to give a crying call or a chance to come back over the top of him.
I don't get this. In pushing and giving you 3:1, you're making a crying call here, so why would he bet less? I still stand by my thoughts that you should push this turn if you'r egoing to end up callign this river a lot.
I'd call cause I'm a donkey and can't fold a set.- Jordan
Me too then?I think this is an insta-call with no contrary reads. You said "wild" etc, but usually a player who will chase a flush to the river won't bet into it UTG. I would have been extremely surprised if he turned over a flush.The board doesn't have many draws, especially for an UTG limp. Honestly, with no reads beside your own, I think this guy has AA or a good K. An overset, so be it. He did a crappy job if he was trying to "represent" the flush, especially when at no point did you give the impression that you couldn't beat TP/GK. Good call.

I'd find it hard to believe that he would have a flush based on the call on the turn. The bet he called was $40 into a $95 pot, or about 2.4 to 1 pot odds. To me that's a pretty loose call, and makes me think that he already has a hand like top pair.

I'd find it hard to believe that he would have a flush based on the call on the turn. The bet he called was $40 into a $95 pot, or about 2.4 to 1 pot odds. To me that's a pretty loose call, and makes me think that he already has a hand like top pair.
Why do you think your average player doesn't call w/ a flush draw here?