Your Favorite Pro? Why Daniel Negreanu Is My Top Pro By A Long Shot!

why he's my favorite:His blog-shows he cares about his fanshis skill-one of the besthis manner-they don't get nicer then him at the tablesentertainment-very funny and fun to watch his skills on tvhe loves golfand...he gets to hang out with Ivey

Daniel's my top favorite because he indirectly got me into poker. A few years ago, I flipped on the TV and poker was on. Daniel was playing and he called out (I think it was) Freddy Deeb's hand and he was right. I couldn't believe how anyone could know that. From then on I started watching every poker show known to man. After that I started playing it and i've been rooting Daniel on ever since.

<------------------------That guy.
yea forrest is good but he hasnt really provided in tournies lately
Not much of a personality man, but he is well known and must have some skills
yea he is one of the best, i guess he has been playing more in cash games then tournies lately........ didnt he pull a muscle or strain a tendon, or something like that
Not much of a personality man, but he is well known and must have some skills
So, did you just start playing poker? Ted Forrest is considered by many of the top pros, including DN to be in the Top10, if not top 5 around today. The reason he hasn't done as well in tournies lately is becuase his game is limit stud ring style.They guy took andy beal for nearly 4 milion in one sitting. He's got a little more than some skills.And anyone who can run a marathon in 110 degree weather deserves respect.

I wrote this last February... I got flame for it then, probably will again, but hey... I think it is good.

10 Reasons why Daniel Negreanu is the Best Poker Player Ever!

10. Daniel is always willing to think outside of the box. This type of thinking is displayed not only his in poker game but also in business. Daniel ventures into arrangements that are different from his counterparts instead of following the path of others before. Though he has seen mixed success, he is blazing new trails. Expect to one day see something quite revolutionary with Daniel in its association. 9. Daniel could easily be a fashion icon. Secure in his masculinity, Daniel is willing to take fashion risk with his clothing. You will see him wearing bold colors like orange, soft colors like pink or don the sophistication of all black. He keeps up with current trends while adding his own style to the mix. He has evolved from the “kid” attire of hockey jerseys to wearing expertly tailored Armani suits. 8. Daniel is good to his fans. Look out on his website or out on the web and you will see lots of fans posting pictures that they have taken with Daniel. There are stories of Daniel spending precious minutes chatting with his fans. Daniel is the only pro I know of who has created contest to where the winners get flown to Las Vegas and hang out with him at his house! 7. Daniel has Moxie! When I first joined Daniel’s forum, one of his members told me a story about Daniel several years ago before he became a big pro. The forum member was playing at the Bellagio and Daniel was standing behind the table watching. The forum member excused himself to go to the bathroom. Daniel asked him if he could play for him. They guy said sure, not thinking that Daniel was serious. Anyway, the bathroom guy comes back in shock to see Daniel sitting in his seat playing with his stack. The guys shock turned into a pleasant surprise when he saw that in that short time Daniel had more than doubled his stack. (Just a note… I have never been able to verify this story but it does sound like the real thing.) 6. Daniel is a funny man. Don’t believe me, read his blog. Daniel has told tales of airport mishaps and buying leather jackets from the back of a car that will keep you in stitches. He does a great Ali G. impression. Watch him on TV and observe his quick wit. Daniel would probably see as much success as a stand up comic as he has seen with being a professional poker player. 5. He is generous. Daniel gives to his fans but he gives to others as well. You will not see Daniel bragging about who or what he gives to but others have commented on his generosity. He takes care of his family. He has also helped many of his friends who have run into trouble. The way Daniel writes about his friends and family you can tell he is the kind of guy who wears his heart on his sleeve. How refreshing! 4. Daniel speaks his mind. Daniel will talk about business, religion, sports, politics and social mores with passion and without censorship. When Daniel has an opinion, he is not shy to share it. However, Daniel also appears to have a very open mind as well. He responds quickly to issues that affect poker players and gets his facts together before finalizing his thoughts. Daniel is a great debater and negotiator. 3. "Behind every great man is a great woman". Well, Daniel has 2 great women behind him, his mother and his beautiful wife Lori. Daniel has stated many times that he is who he is because of his great up bringing. You can watch Mrs. Negreanu on the edge of her seat watching Daniel in tournaments. View pictures of Daniel and Lori and you can see a deep love that glows between them. Lori’s beauty is more than skin deep. Daniel has given her credit for being the one to help him focus and she has given him an anchor. 2. The results speak for themselves. Daniel was Player of the Year in 2004. However, it is not Daniel’s wins that necessarily makes him the best player out there but it is also his losses. Watch the WSOP main event and you will see a man who can read every player at the table. A person who can make tough lay downs and is will to take the “right” risk as well. When cards are not running his way, Daniel keeps a positive spirit. Daniel has made a great start for 2006 by winning the event in Tunica. Daniel will continue his success at poker tables everywhere. 1. He created and started a href="."/">www.fullcontactpoker.com forums. Daniel’s influence is what makes FCP forums the best out on the web. He post on there frequently and keeps his fans aware of his whereabouts. He voices his opinions and shares his ideas. He created an environment where individual posters have emerged as characters with lots of popularity but at the same time, while perusing through the site, you get a strong feeling of community. He chose great administrators to design and formulate the site which is easy to use and is inviting to new members. Daniel also chose moderators who were already a strong presence on the site with unique styles and attributes. Daniel is Full Contact Poker.

4. Daniel speaks his mind. Daniel will talk about business, religion, sports, politics and social mores with passion and without censorship. When Daniel has an opinion, he is not shy to share it. However, Daniel also appears to have a very open mind as well. He responds quickly to issues that affect poker players and gets his facts together before finalizing his thoughts. Daniel is a great debater and negotiator.
This is the best part and why Daniel is the greatest. He takes time from his schedule to write blogs and post in this forum. He is great with his fans and honest to everyone
So, did you just start playing poker? Ted Forrest is considered by many of the top pros, including DN to be in the Top10, if not top 5 around today. The reason he hasn't done as well in tournies lately is becuase his game is limit stud ring style.They guy took andy beal for nearly 4 milion in one sitting. He's got a little more than some skills.And anyone who can run a marathon in 110 degree weather deserves respect.
Dude, chill :club: . I'm sure forrest is a great player and maybe one of the top players, but he's nowhere near being one of my favorite players.
Dude, chill :club: . I'm sure forrest is a great player and maybe one of the top players, but he's nowhere near being one of my favorite players.
He wasn't talking to you, he was talking to someone else....If they don't say OP, or quote you but rather quote someone else, it wasn't directe to you. Keep your chin up kid.
I wrote this last February... I got flame for it then, probably will again, but hey... I think it is good.

10 Reasons why Daniel Negreanu is the Best Poker Player Ever!

Good post Theresa. My daughter's name is Theresa with an H so anything you write is gold in my book. Plus you are right, so there is that.
Good post Theresa. My daughter's name is Theresa with an H so anything you write is gold in my book. Plus you are right, so there is that.
Aw, how sweet. Your daughter must be an amazing young woman.

Daniel is my favorite pokker player but I have to add two resons not to like danile:#1 What kind of man dosen't know how to drive a car with a manual transmision!#2 His rat dog! What's its name? Mushie?

Daniel is my favorite pokker player but I have to add two resons not to like danile:#1 What kind of man dosen't know how to drive a car with a manual transmision!#2 His rat dog! What's its name? Mushie?
Mushu is cool... how in the world can you say that? I mean, Daniel has a dog that can type, write humorous prose and can give a lesson or two on how to play poker since he watches Daniel play all of the time. Tsk, tsk buddy... there is no trashing the Mushu on this forum.:club:
He wasn't talking to you, he was talking to someone else....If they don't say OP, or quote you but rather quote someone else, it wasn't directe to you. Keep your chin up kid.
Actually he quoted me and bolded some of the stuff I said. So if he wasn't talking to me, he did a pretty good job of acting like it :club:
Mushu is cool... how in the world can you say that? I mean, Daniel has a dog that can type, write humorous prose and can give a lesson or two on how to play poker since he watches Daniel play all of the time. Tsk, tsk buddy... there is no trashing the Mushu on this forum.:club:
Everyone knows I kid, Mushu would make a great taco
i don't know any other dog who could write poetry so Mushu is cool(although Baxter, Burgundy's dog, might be able to write poetry as well)
No, not Baxter!
  • 2 weeks later...