Your Favorite Pro? Why Daniel Negreanu Is My Top Pro By A Long Shot!

With so many popular professional poker players out there, many people have differing opinions on who is their favorite. Some people like Doyal, because well, he's grandpa poker, some people like Sammy Farha because he loves to gamble, and some like gus hansen because he's crazy and super aggresive. Anyway, the list goes on and on. Of course there are also the least favorite players (maybe people who would win all the tournaments if it weren't for luck) and people who write terrible books about poker, but we won't go into that right now.Anyway, Daniel Negreanu Stands out above all the other pros for various reasons. #1 He is a gentleman at the table. What I mean by this is when he gets a bad beat or taken out of a tournament he has the amazing strength to be able to smile and say good hand and walk away. Some of the best players are far from having the will power to do this. He also doesn't go out of his way to judge other players at the table and try to make them feel bad about their play. #2 Daniel Honestly seems like he would be the most fun and entertaining pro to actually sit down at a table and play with. Talk about personality. He is quite the talker and when I play I am pretty much the same way. If there isn't someone like that at the table it can make for a very dull and boring time.#3 He's not afraid to take risks and he knows what he's doing. I can't get enough of High stakes poker, mostly because of the star DN who is sometimes sitting there with a cool million in front of him. I watch him taking $250,000 pots off of Todd Brunsen, Paying Mike the Mouth money to stick around and then taking his whole stack, and bluffing people out of big pots.#4 He varies his play enough that you could never really know for sure what he has. This makes him a very dangerous player. He's so good at playing after the flop that really any two cards would do for him.#5 Daniel's got mad Skillz. But probably what I like about him most is that he just seems like a really genuine person who tells it like he sees it and just seems like he would be a cool dude to hang out with. Anyone who says otherwise is a fascist and should have rocks thrown at them. :club: The list goes on, but that's all I'll say for nowYou da Man Danny boy!

Okay, OP, I gave you a pass the first time you posted this. Please try to find the appropriate spot for your thread and post it there. The moderators have a hard enough time with Turd Ferguson threads, they likely don't need to be searching for multi-posts.

wow, someones desperate for DNs attention. :club: try posting this thread in the poker leagues forumm too, and what about off topic...DN also frequents the television forum, dont forget to post there too.DN also goes to 2+2 once in a while, you might want to post this there as well.(just in case)

I think Daniel is really cool, for one because I'm from Canada too, 3 hours or so from where he is from. Also, at the Mirage Poker showdown, in May. right after he got knocked out, he was cool enough to take a picture with me, how cool is that!! He's the man!

Jennifer Tilly is cool, but she's like 50 man. She is deceivingly hot for her age. Sorry about the double post, I realized I put it in the blog forum, which is probably not the right one.

i dont recall ne other pros doing nething for their fans as much as daniel negreanu does. The whole protege thing, he does a million times more things for his fans then neone else. Hellmuth i think though does stuff, just not sure wat lol :club:

i dont recall ne other pros doing nething for their fans as much as daniel negreanu does. The whole protege thing, he does a million times more things for his fans then neone else. Hellmuth i think though does stuff, just not sure wat lol :club:
That's a good point. Seems like he does care about his fans a lot and is willing to always sign autographs and photos and stuff like that. I'm pretty impressed that he actually takes the time to answer some people's posts on here too. I'm sure he's got a lot of other stuff going on, but he makes time to do it.

Why is it that people have so much trouble spelling the name "Doyle." It's D-O-Y-L-E. Anyway, I used to be a chess player (not a very good one, but that's a different story), and I knew a master who told me not to hero-worship the best, or to try to be exactly like them, but to look at the way that they play, and to use their style as a guide in making your own style. Anyway, in that vein, there are a number of players that have aspects of their games that I really admire.First off, there's Doyle. Without him, a lot of us would be weak-tight nutpeddlers. He wrote the book and continued to stay on top despite giving away the "secrets" top his success.Then, of course, there's Phil Ivey. Again, aggression is one of his halmarks. Another is his focus. He often plays extremely long stretches, making one less mistake than his opponents.Ted Forrest has probably the best reading ability of anyone I've ever seen. (Calling Chad Brown all the way through the river with a pair of deuces in the stud event he won, for instance).Mike Matusow I admire for a different reason than his ability. He is talented, obviously, but he serves as a a reminder that the people you see on TV playing incredibly high stakes are human just like the rest of us, and they make mistakes just like we do. I'll admit that I felt bad for Mike when he bluffed off all his money to Phil Laak because I remembered the times that I made a big mistake (or several) after talking myself into playing "just a little while longer."Chau Giang was the first top pro I ever saw live (in the days of Daniel's old forum, he mentioned Chau as being one of the best and so I went and looked up who he was), and I remember pointing him out to someone who said, "Who?" I'm willing to bet that despite his success, the majority of people who follow poker casually have still never heard of him. However, he continues to kick ***. Also, if you can get past the accent, you'll realize that he's hilarious. I think he's probably still "the greatest player you've never heard of."I also admire Daniel for his ability and his accessibility, and Barry for doing what he does for charity (though it would be even more admirable if everyone didn't know about it).Last, I admire the grinders (no, not that grinder)... The people who actually make a living playing 10/20 or 20/40. If I could figure out the money management part, I'm sure I'd think about doing what they do, but I'm not sure I'd have the courage to actually do it. It takes a lot of heart to grind out a living like that, and I give them a lot of credit.

Why I like DN...1. Poker2. Golf3. Cares for the well being of the game4. Takes pride in what he does1 and 2 are my 2 personal favourites too (besides cars) but 3 and 4 ensure the longevity of the sport/game.

• 2 months later...
I like you. You remind me of when I was youngand stupid.
Just had to add to my list of why DN is #1 in my book. He takes the time to answers questions from a random nobody fan like me. Hasn't let his fame go to his head and cares a lot about his fans. Provides this forum for everyone too!

And don't forget the kindness he shows to homeless ugle little dogs.He takes them in and gives them a home.And his rugged good looks, just ask speedz

And don't forget the kindness he shows to homeless ugle little dogs.He takes them in and gives them a home.And his rugged good looks, just ask speedz
lol :club::D:D:D:):):) :DMushu is gonna bite your a$$ if you're not carefulOh yeah.. just found this: here's what mushu probably looks like when he's getting it on if you wanted a visualhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SPuPBS-VXE...ted&search=
lol :club::D:D:D:):):) :DMushu is gonna bite your a$$ if you're not carefulOh yeah.. just found this: here's what mushu probably looks like when he's getting it on if you wanted a visualhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SPuPBS-VXE...ted&search=
WTF?? i don't know why i clicked on it but i did. How would you even find something llike that??