Find Me A Career Path

Finish Law School and look for an entry job for one of the MLB teamsIt seems that teams are starting to look for sharp legal minds to help with the contracts, manage the payroll and to use more statistical measures to determine how to come up with the best team possible.I'm sure these jobs are very hard to get; there are only so many teams of course but persistence pays off. Do some research to find out how some of these assistant GMs like Frost of the A's started up.Some of the sabermetric guys also got jobs with MLB teams (Law, James); maybe look to write for Baseball Prospectus or Rotowire.

Air Force officer.... pick something in a general field where you can go anywhere. I lived in Italy for 6 months, Cali for 6 months, Hawaii for 3 years, Az for 2 years etc. i went to Korea, Japan, Australia and several other places and had so much fun.But if all you want to do is play poker then you might want to apply to work at FCP or stick with fast foods.

no but seriously you prolly could find a job trying to keep your bengals outta trouble.
No kidding, there should be PLENTY of work for lawyers in Cincy at this rate...
Whatever you do, don't go back to law school. You were smart enough to realize that Law wasn't for you before you went through the whole process. I wasn't and regret it to this day.
why?******************************cinci,'I wa 30 before graduating.28 before going back.Figured out Actuary fit me well.Is the job all that awesome? Nah.But it's pretty cool and allows time and $$$ for the rest of life.Anyway, don't sweat it.I was one of those straight out of HS to 3 yrs of collegs guys, until I relaized "I don't want to be an Industrial Engineer" (who knows now, maybe it would be more enjoyable). But I was just finding out about me. Mom had emphasised ( read: pushed) education all my life; and I was not self motivated (still an issue). Taking a break from college disapointed her; but in long run it was the best choice. I had growing up to do.I made 25-30k a yr waiting tables and working as a floor manger (with much of that unclaimed tips). Deliver Pizza or whatever, you'll figure something out.
Just wondering where you went to school for the Political Science degree. Im looking into it and would like to hear some thoughts
I just went to the local college, Northern Kentucky University. It was a good experience and I enjoyed it. Not a prestigious degree or anything, but we had a good Poli Sci department, class sizes were small and I got good hands-on experience in Student Government. Too bad for me I barely give a rats *** about politics anymore. My main word of caution on getting a Poli Sci degree would be that it's not worth a whole lot in real world terms unless you're gonna go on to grad school or law school. There aren't a ton of jobs out there for Poli Sci majors, so you'll probably end up doing something that doesn't pertain to your degree. That said, if you like politics it can be a fun and interesting major.
No kidding, there should be PLENTY of work for lawyers in Cincy at this rate...
We still beat your asses in the regular season last year and would have beat you in the playoffs if it hadn't have been for the dirty hit your dirty coach ordered on our Quarterback. Oh, and when the Bengals win their Super Bowl in the next 5 years I'll be able to say with pride that they didn't have to buy it. Something Steelers fans will never be able to say about that horrendously referreed game against the Seahawks.
We still beat your asses in the regular season last year and would have beat you in the playoffs if it hadn't have been for the dirty hit your dirty coach ordered on our Quarterback. Oh, and when the Bengals win their Super Bowl in the next 5 years I'll be able to say with pride that they didn't have to buy it. Something Steelers fans will never be able to say about that horrendously referreed game against the Seahawks.
I didn't realize you played for the bengals, what position?The Bengals were 1-2 vs. the Steelers last year including the 38-31 win, and two losses 27-13 and 31-17. Wow the steelers asses were really beat.It wasn't a dirty hit.The Steelers almost lost the playoff game vs. Indy due to some pretty terrible refs. Troy intercepted that ball which was the nail in the coffin.The Seahawks had their chances but pgh's D was too much for them. The only play I found that was truly a bad call was the phantom holding call. Ben got in the end zone, and it was pass interference.The next time you want to rant try a little harder to not end up looking like an jackass
I didn't realize you played for the bengals, what position?The Bengals were 1-2 vs. the Steelers last year including the 38-31 win, and two losses 27-13 and 31-17. Wow the steelers asses were really beat.It wasn't a dirty hit.The Steelers almost lost the playoff game vs. Indy due to some pretty terrible refs. Troy intercepted that ball which was the nail in the coffin.The Seahawks had their chances but pgh's D was too much for them. The only play I found that was truly a bad call was the phantom holding call. Ben got in the end zone, and it was pass interference.The next time you want to rant try a little harder to not end up looking like an jackass
Meh, use of the word we was a poor choice of wording. Other than that I stand by everything I said. Bengals won the division; hence won the regular season. They were clearly the better team with their quarterback healthy. That hit on Palmer was very dirty, countless knee injury have happened b/c of similar hits. Saying the coach ordered it was probably out of line. It may not have been intentional, but the fact still remains that the only reason the Steeler won that game is that Palmer didn't play for most of it.As far as the Super Bowl is concerned, it was the worst referreed major sporting event I've ever seen. I've talked to many, many people who agree on that (including Jim Rome on his radio show, so not all Bengal fans or anything). I've blocked that ugly memory from my mind for the most part, but I'll try to dredge some of it up to point out all the specific instances sometime later on. In my mind, that Super Bowl win will always be tainted.************************Ok, first bad call was the phantom offensive pass interference that negated the opening Seattle touchdown. Even John Madden said that was a terrible call. The people I watched the game with (fans of several different teams with no direct Super Bowl bias) also all agreed that it was something that is never ever called in the NFL. Who made that call? The back judge who, surprise surprise, is from Pittsburgh. Second bad call: The Roethlisberger phantom touchdown. Replay clearly showed that he never crossed the plane of the endzone. The official orginally came running in to mark the ball, then called the touchdown late, the play should have been overturned, again this is agreed upon by many many people including prominent members of the sports media. Third blown call: The holding call on Sean Locklear that negated a huge Jeremy Stevens catch down inside the ten. Again a call that John Madden and many other pundits agree was terrible. This call then led directly to blown call #4 , when Hasselbeck threw the interception then was called for an absolutely inexplicable illegal block after tackling the man who had just intercepted his pass. In fairness, the Steelers managed to take advantage of all this, Mike Holmgren didn't coach a great game and the Seahawks didn't always help themselves (Jeremy Stevens dropped more balls than I can count). But the bottom line still is that it was the worst officiated major sporting event in recent memory and the Steelers were flat outplayed and would have lost if the Refs hadn't handed them the game.

The funny thing is you have already answered it yourself. At least on a subconscious level. When ever we experience some sort of trouble in life and we are looking for answers, our brain will try and give us hints. All you have to do is listen to yourself. Confused? Well let me clear things up a bit. When you decided to ask FCP for help you named your topic: Find Me A Career Path.That is an anagram for:Deaf Tech RepairmanGood luck with your new career.

finish your law degree... and look into doing an internship with a sports agent office and voila...
i was going to be a sports agent as well because of the sports thing and law schoolgl if you choose to tp/mm thoughi guess gl either way

If I needed an actual career and didn't have any money I would go with actuary. A lot of my friends have gone that way and like it. Not to demean the day-to-day skills required in that field, but there is something to be said about a job where test taking is one of your biggest earners.

If I needed an actual career and didn't have any money I would go with actuary. A lot of my friends have gone that way and like it. Not to demean the day-to-day skills required in that field, but there is something to be said about a job where test taking is one of your biggest earners.
This is what I'm planning on doing. After my initial plans of becoming a world famous physicist went awry, I've decided to sell out. I have my first test next week. Wow, that was a boring post. Sorry.