Daniel At The No-limit Hold'em Championship

Hell Yes.Checked Cardplayer just a few minutes ago after playing a few hours of poker fully expecting to see DN out but what a freaking amazing come back! He really has no fear, that's what makes him so damn good. :club:
the problem with DN's style, is that it's also easily exploitable. he had 300K yesterday, and he couldn't just relax and wait for good hands, the right moments, etc. he had to keep pushing and pushing, so instead of finishing the day where he started, which would still be pretty good, he's way down and having to climb out. i'm rooting for him, hope it works out. but if he plays his normal style again today, HE WILL be gone in 1/2 an hour.
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the problem with DN's style, is that it's also easily exploitable. he had 300K yesterday, and he couldn't just relax and wait for good hands, the right moments, etc. he had to keep pushing and pushing, so instead of finishing the day where he started, which would still be pretty good, he's way down and having to climb out. i'm rooting for him, hope it works out. but if he plays his normal style again today, HE WILL be gone in 1/2 an hour.
Unless he can catch some cards and get action when he has big hands rather than bad hands, in which case he'll be up to 240k in 1/2 an hour. His style leads to high volatility, day 2 he ran real well, and made a huge upswing. Yesterday, he ran poorly, but managed to stay alive.
I was hoping yesterday he'd slow up and play tight aggressive; now he has no choice; he HAS to play a ultra aggressive 'all in every hand he's in' style. Less options and flexibility is always bad. I admit I was a little disappointed to see the chip reduction (*sigh* gave up tactical chip position for a 10/8 non nut bottom 2 pair facing str board) but he is still in it, so he knows what he's doing. He certainly knows how to read his opps, even that 10/8 2 pair all in ref above that hurt the most yesterday, he knew op didn't have the str. gl today DN
the problem with DN's style, is that it's also easily exploitable. he had300K yesterday, and he couldn't just relax and wait for good hands, theright moments, etc. he had to keep pushing and pushing, so instead offinishing the day where he started, which would still be pretty good, he'sway down and having to climb out.i'm rooting for him, hope it works out. but if he plays his normal styleagain today, HE WILL be gone in 1/2 an hour.
The PROBLEM with his style? Um... maybe it's just me that has a problem with your tone, but this so called problem has made the man a multi-millionaire. Until I can see your credentials and achievements in poker, I don't know if you're in the right spot to be telling DN what he's doing wrong. You don't win these tournaments by sitting back on a stack and waiting for hands - had just maybe one or two of those hands go the other way slightly yesterday, you could be looking at the chip leader right now in DN. If he sat around all day and was sitting at 200,000 - he wouldn't be all that stronger than he is right now. Short stacks and big stacks are going to the do the most damage here - middle stacks are weak. I love his aggressive style, i only wish i had the balls to play it that way.
I was hoping yesterday he'd slow up and play tight aggressive; now he has no choice; he HAS to play a ultra aggressive 'all in every hand he's in' style. I admit I was a little disappointed to see the chip reduction (*sigh* donked off 343k chip position?) but he is still in it, so he knows what he's doing. He certainly knows how to read his opps, even that with 2 pair all in that hurt the most yeaterday, he knew op didn't have the str. gl today DN
You guys make it seem like he was 3rd with 100 people left... there were still 1200 people left - it's a brand new tournament at this point. Of course we would've liked to see him preserve the lead - but you dont' preserve a lead this early in the tournament, you attack and stay on top while you're ahead. It didn't work out like we all hoped, but he's still alive and probably just as dangerous now... I wouldn't want to see DN short stacked, you know he's aggressive already.
from Card Player at 3:30 am"Guess Who Has Over $100,000 Now?"Daniel Negreanu turns to the rail and asks his supporting fans, "Guess who has over $100,000 now? That would be me!" A "Woooooo!" went out from the crowd. Negreanu has battled all night and had around $20,000 at his low point. :club: WoW! Wouldn't it be great if Daniel's *NEW* nickname were to become....The COMEBACK KID???U just hope that he will change his strategie from now on. Playing almost every hand have brought him a big stack but it oslo alomost nocked him out of the tournament.If he keeps playing like this he will be out of the tourney very soon. It is time for a diffrent game plan (after all, how long can he be "kid poker"?)
The PROBLEM with his style? Um... maybe it's just me that has a problem with your tone, but this so called problem has made the man a multi-millionaire. Until I can see your credentials and achievements in poker, I don't know if you're in the right spot to be telling DN what he's doing wrong. You don't win these tournaments by sitting back on a stack and waiting for hands - had just maybe one or two of those hands go the other way slightly yesterday, you could be looking at the chip leader right now in DN. If he sat around all day and was sitting at 200,000 - he wouldn't be all that stronger than he is right now. Short stacks and big stacks are going to the do the most damage here - middle stacks are weak. I love his aggressive style, i only wish i had the balls to play it that way.You guys make it seem like he was 3rd with 100 people left... there were still 1200 people left - it's a brand new tournament at this point. Of course we would've liked to see him preserve the lead - but you dont' preserve a lead this early in the tournament, you attack and stay on top while you're ahead. It didn't work out like we all hoped, but he's still alive and probably just as dangerous now... I wouldn't want to see DN short stacked, you know he's aggressive already.
I've never posted (just reading), but wanted to comment...I thought this was well-written.Good luck the rest of the way, Daniel.
The PROBLEM with his style? Um... maybe it's just me that has a problem with your tone,
As usual, i must say: I'm not here to swing from DN's nuts, like everyone else. I come around to talk poker, give my viewpoint, since it is a "poker forum". I don't come here to say "good job DN, rooting for ya", in hopes he reads my post and responds to it. You'll notice a previous post of mine when I said "stop telling the world how you're playing everyday. just take advantage of the stupidity around you, don't 'announce' it." and in his very next blog he took my advice and said: "i'm not going to announce my style each day. people might see the blog. "but back to poker: I was merely pointing out that DN has trouble laying anything down, loves to overbluff, etc. You'll notice Dmitri Nobles, the Poker Stars star. Where is he now after yesterday being the chip leader? Well, he stayed about the same, and is about 50,000 out of 1st place today. So, my advice was just that he should've changed gears, just relaxed and not give away so many chips when he doesn't have to. 105,000 is still a fair amount, and you're right, he can do a lot of damage with that, BUT ONLY if the cards ALWAYS COOPERATE EVERY SINGLE HAND!!! And if you play poker, i assume you do, you know the cards rarely do. So again, just giving my opinion. as i said in my last post, hoping he can come out of this hole. If you want to just constantly post about how much you can suck up to DN's buttox, hey, keep it up, that's fine. I rarely come around here. If you want to really talk about poker, please give your opinion. don't be a snotty, whiny little azz-kizzer...have a nice day, :club:

The way I see what happened yesterday is that when the "bubble burst" Daniel didn't change gears... and had a run of bad draws.Hes doing a great job with the short stack and with any luck (and his skills) he'll start a slow climb back up to about 1M chips by the end of the day.I think that we can all learn that when you are short stacked its never right to just give up.Just like Rocky... you may be down but not out... and like Rocky... come back and win!

As usual, i must say: I'm not here to swing from DN's nuts, like everyone else. I come around to talk poker, give my viewpoint, since it is a "poker forum". I don't come here to say "good job DN, rooting for ya", in hopes he reads my post and responds to it. You'll notice a previous post of mine when I said "stop telling the world how you're playing everyday. just take advantage of the stupidity around you, don't 'announce' it." and in his very next blog he took my advice and said: "i'm not going to announce my style each day. people might see the blog. "but back to poker: I was merely pointing out that DN has trouble laying anything down, loves to overbluff, etc. You'll notice Dmitri Nobles, the Poker Stars star. Where is he now after yesterday being the chip leader? Well, he stayed about the same, and is about 50,000 out of 1st place today. So, my advice was just that he should've changed gears, just relaxed and not give away so many chips when he doesn't have to. 105,000 is still a fair amount, and you're right, he can do a lot of damage with that, BUT ONLY if the cards ALWAYS COOPERATE EVERY SINGLE HAND!!! And if you play poker, i assume you do, you know the cards rarely do. So again, just giving my opinion. as i said in my last post, hoping he can come out of this hole. If you want to just constantly post about how much you can suck up to DN's buttox, hey, keep it up, that's fine. I rarely come around here. If you want to really talk about poker, please give your opinion. don't be a snotty, whiny little azz-kizzer...have a nice day, :club:
So it 'sounds' like what you're saying is that you can give your opinion, but other's opinions don't count (especially if they are simply to be supportive). Just my opinion after reading what you just posted.
hey thats a good opinion maybe you could like start a school and teach PROFESSIONAL poker players how to play and adjust in big tournaments i bet you know alot they could learn from you.
Daniel's style is not an easy style to play and I personnally have trouble playing that style against most opponents. But it is also difficult to play against someone playing like Daniel is playing. He forces people to make many decisions, and they are more likely to make a mistake if they are less expierienced. His ability to pressure the table and force big mistakes is what makes him a great player. The table starts to play more marginal hands to react to him. Then postflop his reading ability and ability to play 2nd pair generally make him more succesful then the average player.But style really has little to do with yesterday. He had 2 pair against a bigger 2 pair and lost a huge pot. I think most of us lose a big amount on that hand. He nursed a small stack back to health yesterday over a very long time. He played great poker to go from 20k chips to 100k in chips. It appears to me that he is really focused and on his game. Good luck today Daniel.
Hey, thanks for missing the points I've made completely in order to make sure everyone knows you're not a DN sackrider. Well done. You're not intelligent enough for me to waste my time on - i've said all I need to in my first post, and you chose to ignore it all, so I won't bother again.I just find it hilarious that you're criticizing a man who knows more about poker than you will ever hope to know. This isn't me being an ***-kisser, this is factual. He's one of the most respected players in the game right now by pro's and amateurs alike, and you're nobody. Keep that in mind the next time you're analyzing his game.

DN's table to start day 4:Hoang Nguyen $262,500 185 1Daniel Negreanu $93,500 185 2Rhett Butler $297,000 185 3Cyndy Violette $42,000 185 4Robert Osborne $45,000 185 5(Arash) Azadpeyma $103,000 185 6Aaron Gard $86,000 185 7Jogi Uaramshi $133,000 185 8

DN's table to start day 4:Hoang Nguyen $262,500 185 1Daniel Negreanu $93,500 185 2Rhett Butler $297,000 185 3Cyndy Violette $42,000 185 4Robert Osborne $45,000 185 5(Arash) Azadpeyma $103,000 185 6Aaron Gard $86,000 185 7Jogi Uaramshi $133,000 185 8
Daniel drew a good table- Only two players with big stacks compared to him, lots of players with similiar or small stacks. This is am ideal spot (as opposed to being the trully short stack)
Pretty sweet table, after all. Hopefully Cyndy won't be too much of a problem! Goooooo Daniel! :club:

She is in survival modeViolette Stays AliveCyndy Violette moves all-in for $22,500 and the big blind calls. Violette shows AA while her opponent has 1010. The board comes 87435 and Violette doubles up to $51,000.

Hey, thanks for missing the points I've made completely in order to make sure everyone knows you're not a DN sackrider. Well done. You're not intelligent enough for me to waste my time on - i've said all I need to in my first post, and you chose to ignore it all, so I won't bother again.I just find it hilarious that you're criticizing a man who knows more about poker than you will ever hope to know. This isn't me being an ***-kisser, this is factual. He's one of the most respected players in the game right now by pro's and amateurs alike, and you're nobody. Keep that in mind the next time you're analyzing his game.
Gods Balls is making a valid point: this is not nazi germany or communist china where all opinions must be the same. Obviously DN is a master at aggression and a champion poker player; the points you make regarding DN's status do not even need to be brought up here, no one is disputing his expertise: however no one is ever 100% right all the time in this game.I know Im a nobody and i know nothing, etc. but it seems that holding for a while and maximixing the percentages while players get knocked out wouldn't have hurt us.

He just doubled up.Negreanu Doubles upDaniel Negreanu raises to $10,000 from the cutoff and the player on the button makes the call. The flop comes QdiamondQclub9club. Negreanu checks and his opponent bets $12,000. Negreanu makes the call and the turn is the 7heart. Negreanu moves all-in for $23,000 and his opponent immediately calls. The opponent shows 9spade9diamond for a flopped full house. Negreanu, however, shows Qheart9heart for a better full house. The river is the Kheart and Negreanu doubles up to $95,000.