Daniel At The No-limit Hold'em Championship

Here's a question I'm curious what everyone thinks: What're the odds of even 1 well-known pro making the final table this year as of now, seeing most of the top dogs are unknowns outside of DN right now?? 1000-1??

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

helps to note the suit of the cards for DN's hand to realize he made a nut flush where his opponent made a Q high flush :club:
according to CP he pushed after the flop, not turn. there's no reason to do that unless you are SURE you can push your opponent off of a big hand, which obviously didn't happen. no reason to risk a race there if your opponent is an amateur and might call with a pair.

hopefully daniel can start using his monster stack to accumlate at the steady rate right to the final table. unlike me, how donks off a big chip lead with 100 ppl left in a 100+9 tourney where 45 ppl finish itm. i finished 53. kinda feels like being hit in the balls with a big baseball bat. time to go hit the bottle really really really hard. i'll be sending drunken updates on my evening on one of the forums look for them.

according to CP he pushed after the flop, not turn. there's no reason to do that unless you are SURE you can push your opponent off of a big hand, which obviously didn't happen.
yes, but once again...we don't know pre-flop action, read he picked up, etc. alot of variables there and if he put him on any pair under K's, he's even money. and if that pair under K's doesn't have a club, it's hard for the guy to call for his tourney life.

I think it was a fine play, 15 outs plus a very scary board that could mean he could pick it up there. Great oppurtunity to win a huge pot... or go home and golf sooner :club:

according to CP he pushed after the flop, not turn. there's no reason to do that unless you are SURE you can push your opponent off of a big hand, which obviously didn't happen. no reason to risk a race there if your opponent is an amateur and might call with a pair.
It's much better to push all-in than to call an all-in.Also, I assume the player with the Queens called only because they had the :club:.If you raise smaller, and they push, what do you do now?
Or, you can put someone to a test for their tournament life when you're fairly certain you have 13 clean outs, and monstrous fold equity.
I think it was a fine play, 15 outs plus a very scary board that could mean he could pick it up there. Great oppurtunity to win a huge pot... or go home and golf sooner :club:
IF CP is reporting it correctly (big if) the pot was not worth the risk.
It's much better to push all-in than to call an all-in.Also, I assume the player with the Queens called only because they had the :club:.If you raise smaller, and they push, what do you do now?
He had the guy covered. the other dude had like 86K after the flop I think. That would have put him at 68K or so, had he lost. I think that is a great play with AcK. Standard put your opp. to the test play.

additionally, DN probably still feels like he is nowhere. in an event like this where you need SOOOOO many chips, i would not be surprised if DN still feels like he needs to gamble for large portions of his stack. based on that, he made a good play. he pushed with an edge, plus, the guy mighta folded.there is 80 million in chips to be won. having 125 thousand of them really isnt much. 200k is better. its still early.

You think you can go through 8000+ players w/o getting into coinflips? Good luck.
Or, you can put someone to a test for their tournament life when you're fairly certain you have 13 clean outs, and monstrous fold equity.
i disagree because you will only be called if you are behind, and fold equity means nothing for a relatively small pot.
You think you can go through 8000+ players w/o getting into coinflips? Good luck.
obviously you can't, but if you are the more skilled player you don't need to invite them this early in the tourney.
i disagree because you will only be called if you are behind, and fold equity means nothing for a relatively small pot.
Do you really think that the pot was small with Queens vs. A-K?

jon finkel is the man too. he was the world champion in Magic for a while, like the best player in the world until that one guy kai budde showed up. i'm pullin for finkel and DN and ivey, though one of those 3 aint doin too well.

he wasn't really behind....it was 50/50. and like said before, i'm doubting it was a small pot if it was QQ vs AK. I'm sure a pretty good sized pot was built before the flop with 500-1K blinds.
He had the guy covered. the other dude had like 86K after the flop I think. That would have put him at 68K or so, had he lost. I think that is a great play with AcK. Standard put your opp. to the test play.
no, (according to CP) DN would have been left with 28k MINUS what was in the pot pre-flop.
Well, you're assuming the pot was relatively small--and that he was behind. 13 outs, run it twice, that's right around even money. If he doesn't have the Qc we might even be a favorite, not sure.I'm guessing the pot was pretty significant preflop, with a player as aggressive as Daniel having AK, and someone else having QQ. That is to say, I don't think they both limped in.He's sitting at 286k now..Player called all in for 86k, with the blinds as high as they are, I would guess there was somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-40k in preflop. If you can push with the 2nd nut flush draw, two overs--which we can assume are likely good--and 9 assumed(8 in reality) outs for a flush..not to even mention the very real possibility we have the best hand a great deal of the time..well, I'm pushing, too.What's his play then, in your mind? Check/fold? Check/call? Playing a large pot OOP by check/calling seems pretty terrible to me. Check/folding in that situation seems weak, too. <shrug> Sure that doesn't convince you, but, that's the reality of it.
he wasn't really behind....it was 50/50. and like said before, i'm doubting it was a small pot if it was QQ vs AK. I'm sure a pretty good sized pot was built before the flop with 500-1K blinds.
i'm assuming DN's read was he could push his opponent off a pair, even with a club.
additionally, DN probably still feels like he is nowhere. in an event like this where you need SOOOOO many chips, i would not be surprised if DN still feels like he needs to gamble for large portions of his stack. based on that, he made a good play. he pushed with an edge, plus, the guy mighta folded.there is 80 million in chips to be won. having 125 thousand of them really isnt much. 200k is better. its still early.
party pooper
i'm assuming DN's read was he could push his opponent off a pair, even with a club.
which brings in the fold equity argument also....so where are you going with this?? Do you agree with the play now??