Starting Chips In An Online Tournament

The number of chips greatly effect the ratio of skill vs. luck in a tournament. I know that Doyles Room sadly only gives you 2000 chips for every tournament that they have. The lower buyin tournaments at Party Poker that I have been playing have 3000 chips. I know that Full Tilt has high buyin tournaments where you get 10000 chips. I was wondering if anyone knew how many chips that you get for tournaments for each site. Thanks

The number of chips greatly effect the ratio of skill vs. luck in a tournament. I know that Doyles Room sadly only gives you 2000 chips for every tournament that they have. The lower buyin tournaments at Party Poker that I have been playing have 3000 chips. I know that Full Tilt has high buyin tournaments where you get 10000 chips. I was wondering if anyone knew how many chips that you get for tournaments for each site. Thanks
Ive never seen a tournament on Full Tilt give 10000 starting chips. Am I missing something?

i play at full tilt daily, and have never seen a 10,000 starting stack tourny. Nor have i seen a 5000 at pokerroom, unless this is something new, havent lplayed there in 3 months.......

since when every tourney on party that I have played in starts with like 800 chips
I play at royalvegas and they give 1500 in almost every tounament, but they have alot of rebuy tournaments there.

Haven't played there in over a year, but the MTTs on Bugsys Club start you off w/ 10K in chips. If that site ever got any traffic it would be awesome.

i've only played on the tribeca network which includes doyles room, golden palace and bowmans( which i use ) and others. yes it's true the starting stack is only 2000 for all tourneys, but there are never any antes, even at higher levels. levels go at 1 min turbo, 3 min speed, 8 min reg (majority of tourneys) 12 min extended, and 15 min for most tourneys $10000 and up. a 300 field 8 min level takes 2 1/2 - 3 hours. longest tourneys take about 5 hours with 500+ entries, the 50000 and 100000 weeklies.also the amount of people on the site varies from low of 3500 up to over 10000 at peak timesthe blinds start at 20/40, then 30/60, 50/100 etc

Now THAT'S funny.I agree. More chips and more time just gives inferior players time to sit and wait and nut up.
Ummm... no? Deeper stacks and longer levels make the game more suitable for good players.The more you can alleviate the element of chance (coinflips) early in the tournament, the less likely that a lousy player will pick up a huge stack early on. If you play a structure where the blinds double every ten minutes, you're just going to have to accept that you're going to put your chips in when you don't want to. You talk about bad players waiting for good hands... I've never heard anyone accuse a bad player of playing too tight. Generally, it's the good players that are patient enough to play the nuts. And they take chips from the ones who aren't.
Ummm... no? Deeper stacks and longer levels make the game more suitable for good players.The more you can alleviate the element of chance (coinflips) early in the tournament, the less likely that a lousy player will pick up a huge stack early on. If you play a structure where the blinds double every ten minutes, you're just going to have to accept that you're going to put your chips in when you don't want to. You talk about bad players waiting for good hands... I've never heard anyone accuse a bad player of playing too tight. Generally, it's the good players that are patient enough to play the nuts. And they take chips from the ones who aren't.
That's correct, longer levels and more chips do benefit the better players more than the less than average, but the 30 minute levels for a $30 tourney just becomes annoying. Stars already has a good structure leaning towards better players, but the deepstack + Smallish buy-in is just painfully annoying.

I agree, PS Deep Stack Tourneys should really be like 200 buyin min or it just becomes a bore-fest.

since when every tourney on party that I have played in starts with like 800 chips
Maybe your playing for play money. Every tournament ive played is 2000 to 3000 chips
Now THAT'S funny.I agree. More chips and more time just gives inferior players time to sit and wait and nut up.
Thats one of the stupidest things ive ever head
Number of starting chip is only 1 factor. What the blind structure is matters more. I can give you 100k starting chips but the blinds starts at 5k.
I understand, I've never played an online tournament where the blinds didnt start at 10/20 or 20/40 so I thought it was implied.
Ive never seen a tournament on Full Tilt give 10000 starting chips. Am I missing something?
I think it is their highest buyin tournament. I remember that they were talking about it in the Full Tilt Forum. Some guy sattelited into it and was asking for advice. They were telling him how he might want to fold top two on the flop early in the tournament because you started with 10,000 chips and its just not worth it when the blinds are so low.
Agreed. Here is a link to an analysis of all the major sites...very helpful.http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat...an=0&page=1
Thanks for the site bro. Thanks 2 everyone who posted i appreciate it.

Party did used to start with 800 for most sit and goes. But they changed that at least 6 months ago when the site was upgraded. Now its 2000.