Heads Up League Questions And Suggestion

This sounds more fair, but I doubt it's possible. 1-0 I think is too big of an advantage, unless the series became 7 game series.Well done.
While a 1-0 lead is big, having a 4-3 chip advantage in every match is big too. There should be some reward for finishing in a top seed. I think next year we should look at making it a 7 game series with the higher seed getting one game.Lindros

1. As the co-creator (props to Yoda and Ron Mexico) and primary patent maker of RKIGS, Royal has used the term the same way Americans make fun of Canadians saying "eh"...close but not quite the right context. Admittedly though, if RKIGS is used in this manner by popular posters (eg. Royal) often enough it will be like Head Up and Hold'em which is more commonly seen as Heads Up and Holdem now.2. While 7-game series reduces the advantage of the 1 win start does everyone really have the time to play for possibly 8 hours for several Sundays in a row?3. I can assure you SnGs or tournaments aren't going to be able to start with different chip stacks anytime soon. Christ, they can't fix the minimum turn bet problem.4. At the end of the day I don't really care about the format as long as it's clearly spelled out at the beginning of the year and followed through. We all play on the same playing field that way.

After reading through this thread (and yes I have known the rules all year long, just never really gave them much thought until reading this thread), I wonder why the higher seeds should really get a "home field advantage" throughout the playoffs. I mean, 1 and 2 seeds get a bye in the first round. That's a pretty decent reward. The top 4 seeds all get a nice cash payout for winning the division. That's a pretty decent reward as well. Oh not to mention the number 1 team overall getting a prize on top of that. Isn't that reward enough? With the rules we have now, they get ALL that (on a short 15 game season where luck is a huge factor), AND they get a huge one game lead in a 5 game series where they'll probably win more money. Before any of you tell me that I'm just jealous because I'm on a wildcard team (hopefully), I would feel the same way even if we were the first place team in the league. Hopefully this can change next year.

1. As the co-creator (props to Yoda and Ron Mexico) and primary patent maker of RKIGS, Royal has used the term the same way Americans make fun of Canadians saying "eh"...close but not quite the right context. Admittedly though, if RKIGS is used in this manner by popular posters (eg. Royal) often enough it will be like Head Up and Hold'em which is more commonly seen as Heads Up and Holdem now.
You're RKIGS

As someone outside the plafoffs looking in, I agree that the 1-0 lead is too much. No other sport gives an advantage this big. It was in the rules all season, so there is no point complaining for this year, but I think that when we try to improve the rules next year, this should be looked at. One possibility is letting the home team choose the time of the match. Imagine an east coast morning person playing a west coast opponent starting the match at 6AM EST, or a west coast night person getting them back by starting at 11PM PST. Not good for the spectators, but it could sure be an advantage.

I think the home team has to have some advantage. I think 1 game in a 5 game series is a bit extreme, I agree with the 1 game lead in a 7 game series. However, saying that the higher seed's advantage is to play worse teams is ridiculous to me, because there is so much parody in this league.

I think the home team has to have some advantage. I think 1 game in a 5 game series is a bit extreme, I agree with the 1 game lead in a 7 game series. However, saying that the higher seed's advantage is to play worse teams is ridiculous to me, because there is so much parody in this league.
best freudian slip ever...parity?
After reading through this thread (and yes I have known the rules all year long, just never really gave them much thought until reading this thread), I wonder why the higher seeds should really get a "home field advantage" throughout the playoffs. I mean, 1 and 2 seeds get a bye in the first round. That's a pretty decent reward. The top 4 seeds all get a nice cash payout for winning the division. That's a pretty decent reward as well. Oh not to mention the number 1 team overall getting a prize on top of that. Isn't that reward enough? With the rules we have now, they get ALL that (on a short 15 game season where luck is a huge factor), AND they get a huge one game lead in a 5 game series where they'll probably win more money. Before any of you tell me that I'm just jealous because I'm on a wildcard team (hopefully), I would feel the same way even if we were the first place team in the league. Hopefully this can change next year.
I am a wildcard, but that doesn't change my opinion on this. troy is completely right here. Hell, why even continue on just divide up the money at the end. There isn't a sports league in existence, ever that gave such a huge advantage in the playoffs. It's really riciculous and should be changed next year.
7 games on one Sunday is way to much. it should be best of 5 with no advantage to either team. Or even best of 3 would be fine and probably best. Thinking even more about it, we play ONE heads up game all year, why change it? It should just be ONE game.
i like the 1-0 lad for the higher sees but i agree with everyon that saying it should be a 7 game series next season...1-0 lead in a 5 game series is too much.
At least you agree it's too much as well.

Randy, there has to be some advantage given to the higher seeded team. In a game like football, it is good enough to play a worse team, because it has less of a likelyhood for an upset. The teams are too evenly matched to give no advantage to the higher seeded team in this league.

If you are the better team why do you need an advantage? If you have the best record you get the advantage of playing the worst seeded team, like any other sport. Do wildcard teams in footbally have to spot the Division champs a touchdown? Wouldn't that seem silly? Same thing.As troy said, they get more money for being division champs among other things as a benefit. It shouldn't be changed this year obviously but it definately should next year.

If you are the better team why do you need an advantage? If you have the best record you get the advantage of playing the worst seeded team, like any other sport. Do wildcard teams in footbally have to spot the Division champs a touchdown? Wouldn't that seem silly? Same thing.As troy said, they get more money for being division champs among other things as a benefit. It shouldn't be changed this year obviously but it definately should next year.
don't the wildcard teams in football have to spot the division champs home field advantage?pretty nice advantage, no?Im guessing the reason Daniel set it up this way is to give the regular season real meaning. Good idea, though i do think giving a game up in a best of five is a bit stiff. one in best of seven seems more fair.As for the idea of the playoffs being just one game, two thumbs down.

Just a quick question...but is the website all screwed up for everyone? Missing pictures, bad formatting, etc?OK, now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Baw, we'll look at next year when the season is done. Everything is set in stone for this playoff season so no use in crying now. I'm sure Darrell and Daniel will look back at our first season and tweak it as need be.

i like the 1-0 lad for the higher sees but i agree with everyon that saying it should be a 7 game series next season...1-0 lead in a 5 game series is too much.
omg i just read this post i made thursday morning...lmao...what language is that?if this is how im posting at 10AM, you guys can imagine how bad i play in the mornings. thank God DN is thinking about getting rid of all the 10AM games. :club: