Has Anyone Had The Pleasure?

Bit of background to that (not sure if it was the same in the US)For close to 12 months, all of us in australia were gripped by hoffmania. "Hoffmail" was circulated at ridiculous levels. All manner of photos were photoshopped and the hoffs face added.An online petition started to get him to come to australia and got thousands of hits, was finally successful.

Bit of background to that (not sure if it was the same in the US)For close to 12 months, all of us in australia were gripped by hoffmania. "Hoffmail" was circulated at ridiculous levels. All manner of photos were photoshopped and the hoffs face added.An online petition started to get him to come to australia and got thousands of hits, was finally successful.
I am from Australia and I assumed hoffmania was world wide thing...Anyways i always loved opening my emails and being hoffed.He was awesome when he came here too.<3 the hoff
40 feakin dollars for a crappy shirt lol. Damn.
It definitely looked like a joke when I first saw it.

the question is, would you rather be famous like the hass (beloved in a couple countries in europe, make good money over there) while being considered a joke in the biggest media and money making market in the world, or just not famous at all.i'd just move to germany and never come back.