Just One Of Those Nights.......

After five successive sessions at Party 5/10 where I'd managed to walk away with handy profits of between 10 and 30 BB's, I was starting to think that I was getting better than average at this game - and everytime I sat down to a session I was confident that I was going to do better than holding my own. That was until last night......The rot started early when my KKK, up against a QQQ and an XXX (thereby ensuring a great pot), got smashed on the river by some clown holding 4d 9d who hits his flush with a runner runner! It got worse when my A-high flopped flush got run down on the river by the same clown with a full house. This guy has no idea and yet he has all my money??I flopped two-pairs on seven separate occasions, and didn't win any of those pots. So when I limped away from the session about 100BB's poorer, I swore I'd never play the stupid game again.Today is a new day, however, and whilst it may be take me a couple of days to again face the green devil known as Party, I'll be back !!

After five successive sessions at Party 5/10 where I'd managed to walk away with handy profits of between 10 and 30 BB's, I was starting to think that I was getting better than average at this game - and everytime I sat down to a session I was confident that I was going to do better than holding my own. That was until last night......The rot started early when my KKK, up against a QQQ and an XXX (thereby ensuring a great pot), got smashed on the river by some clown holding 4d 9d who hits his flush with a runner runner! It got worse when my A-high flopped flush got run down on the river by the same clown with a full house. This guy has no idea and yet he has all my money??I flopped two-pairs on seven separate occasions, and didn't win any of those pots. So when I limped away from the session about 100BB's poorer, I swore I'd never play the stupid game again.Today is a new day, however, and whilst it may be take me a couple of days to again face the green devil known as Party, I'll be back !!
Yeah, yesterday was a down variance for me too. Probably should move this to the Beats folder, but here's the defining hand.Midway through a big MTT, I'm mid stack. In mid position preflop with three limpers ahead. I jam with KK knowing I get action. One all-in call (same stack as me) and the chip leader over-calls. First caller has KK. Chipleader has 77. i was drawing dead after the turn. :(At the 5/10 tables it was set-over-set. flush over flush, QQ vs KK night. Oh well.