First Place Prize....

Tue Aug 01 12:10:00 PDT 2006Top Prize AnnouncedA tournament director just announced that first prize in the Main Event this year will exceed $12 million. The director also announced that there will be 12 instant millionaires at the end of the tournament.
A lot of pro's says its all about the bracelet. I wonder how many would pass up this 1st place prize for the bracelet, would you?
A lot of pro's says its all about the bracelet. I wonder how many would pass up this 1st place prize for the bracelet, would you?
no, i wouldn't, but last time i checked, first place got both :club: - so I'll take both
anyone know the WSOP policy on maing deals? i know the world poker tour discourages it. with so much money at stake, one would think that a deal would happen.
You can't keep people from making deals outside anyway...who are they to tell you what to do with your mobney?Deals are much more likely to happen if there are pros at the table that really really want the bracelet vs. are worried about the money.

I'd play the 4,000-8,000 game for at least one session. I would also tip the dealer 50 bucks every time I won the hand to make all those pros look like assholes. Then, make a shelter for sane homeless people willing to do the jobs that no Americans are willing to do. Like manual labor.

FYPhappy b-day, sorry for whoring up your other post.
I'm ok with whoring today, especially the girls that will be at my house tonight.
anyone know the WSOP policy on maing deals? i know the world poker tour discourages it. with so much money at stake, one would think that a deal would happen.
Deal making with relation to cash is specifically allowed in WSOP events, but not for the bracelet. There is also verbage about even if a deal is made, play must continue in earnest for the bracelet.
Second must be in the six mil range, or higher...that's 18 mil to play with...I can see a deal happening.Then again, if I'm heads up and guaranteed six mil, that's already life changing money...
My thoughts too, 6 million or 12 million doesn't really matter anymore. ;)That said, I'd probably agree to a fair deal, because I'm a wuss.
I hope DN takes it down then I'll get a piece of it for wearing fcp gear.
I figure if there are 50 people in the promo, and no one makes a final table, we each get 0.1% or in other words, for every $1 million DN makes, we each get $1000. Fair deal.