40 members have voted

1. 1. The Candidates

• Theraflew (5150's)
    • looshle0 (Looshle Losers)
    • Lindros88 (Team Canada)
    • Nutzbuster (Kings in the Hole)
    • BillyBizzle (Demented Avengers)
    • GoStags920 (Bayside)

yes it is. its close because game played record isnt everything.You came through for you team with flawless wins.Looshle has 2 defaults.I'm not a fan of the default., mostly because it gives their opponent the auto win, which also affects everyone else.i also didnt like the way our match was played.I said hello, goodluck... blah blah in the chat box and he never replied. didnt seem very sporting to me.p.s. i voted bizzle
Don't take it personally Royal. I hadnt bought my laptop yet so I was pretty much playing the game from the rail on a friends computer while he 4 tabled MTTs. Not trying to affect the vote, just lettin you know I'm not a douchebag.
Don't take it personally Royal. I hadnt bought my laptop yet so I was pretty much playing the game from the rail on a friends computer while he 4 tabled MTTs. Not trying to affect the vote, just lettin you know I'm not a douchebag.
lol., didnt think u were, just found it odd.also Just so others will Note:, This isnt official, and that being said, I'm pointing out that some players were only able to play up to 4 or 5 games cuz of teams.

I think you need to apply real MVP voting thinking to this: i.e. Most Valuable Player to HIS OR HER TEAM. i.e Where would that team be without that player? With that in mind, I think someone a while back nominated Kings In The Hole as the biggest surprise, and Nutz as the reason for that. SOOOOOOooo... if you think the team didn't have a shot (WHAT?) and that Nutz got us into the playoffs, then you pretty much HAVE to give him the nod. After all, we already knew that Looshle was good.... I vote Nutz....

I think you need to apply real MVP voting thinking to this: i.e. Most Valuable Player to HIS OR HER TEAM. i.e Where would that team be without that player? With that in mind, I think someone a while back nominated Kings In The Hole as the biggest surprise, and Nutz as the reason for that. SOOOOOOooo... if you think the team didn't have a shot (WHAT?) and that Nutz got us into the playoffs, then you pretty much HAVE to give him the nod. After all, we already knew that Looshle was good.... I vote Nutz....
yea but where would grinder be by himself? didn't it take him like 2 years to to win a final table?and i dont care that it's loosh's teams, not grinders.
yea but where would grinder be by himself? didn't it take him like 2 years to to win a final table?and i dont care that it's loosh's teams, not grinders.
You get more and more annoying as every day goes by.

I voted for Theraflew for consistency over the whole season. I felt Looshle was the most dominant, and had an incredible record, but I just don't think an MVP lets his team down with the defaults. I couldn't vote for Bizzle, since an MVP doesn't desert his team in the end over what appears to be a meaningless argument. Lindros88 was part of a great partnership to make what is possibly the best "team", but his teammate seems just as valuable, so they have to split the credit. GoStags is a fine candidate who almost got my vote, lifting a team you don't hear much about to the playoffs. I can't really argue against Nutz either, he did his job well, but like Lindros88, he had too much backup from the rest of his team for me to consider him for MVP.However, i think the real MVP of this league is Sleuthis, who somehow kept it together despite all of the confusion. I don't know why Zimmer was left off the ballot, and as often happens, my perfect record of 3-0, all against teams that were leading their divisions at the time and made the playoffs, was ignored because I was on a losing team that believes that all players should be given an equal chance to play.

I voted for Theraflew for consistency over the whole season. I felt Looshle was the most dominant, and had an incredible record, but I just don't think an MVP lets his team down with the defaults. I couldn't vote for Bizzle, since an MVP doesn't desert his team in the end over what appears to be a meaningless argument. Lindros88 was part of a great partnership to make what is possibly the best "team", but his teammate seems just as valuable, so they have to split the credit. GoStags is a fine candidate who almost got my vote, lifting a team you don't hear much about to the playoffs. I can't really argue against Nutz either, he did his job well, but like Lindros88, he had too much backup from the rest of his team for me to consider him for MVP.However, i think the real MVP of this league is Sleuthis, who somehow kept it together despite all of the confusion. I don't know why Zimmer was left off the ballot, and as often happens, my perfect record of 3-0, all against teams that were leading their divisions at the time and made the playoffs, was ignored because I was on a losing team that believes that all players should be given an equal chance to play.
Lol, enough with saying Looshle shouldn't be MVP because he defaulted 1 game. The first one was my bad, and the second one he had just gotten home after winning 200k. Can you blame him for getting caught up in family stuff and forgetting a HU match? He is 8-1 and got us Best record, division victory, and a 1 game lead in our playoff match. He is the MVP. Hands down.
Sloshr, I'm nowhere close to ballot-worthy. 7-6.
Wow, I didn't realize you had so many losses, it just always seemed like you were winning and in the hunt for best record. More research next time.
Wow, I didn't realize you had so many losses, it just always seemed like you were winning and in the hunt for best record. More research next time.
Well, I was always in the hunt for best record, but my team only ended up 9-6, and PoppinFresh was 2-0 for us.

I voted for Looshle as I'll give him the the one default as finishing 3rd and winning $200K in a WSOP event might make you a bit forgetful.However, if Vick12 was on the ballot, I'd vote for him as he single handedly almost brought Crunch Bunch into the playoffs by winning the last five matches (editorial note: no more tiebreakers next season, let's just play it out!).He finished 5-1 on the season and his only loss was due to a two outer on the river in his game aginst Nutz which basically decided that match, so he could easily have been 6-0.So I understand that the ballot only had players who were on the playoff teams but MVPs do go to non-playoff team players once in awhile!

I think the way Alf started the thread makes Looshle votes obvious.However unpopular here are my adjustments.1. For MVP status you must play a minimum of 7 games.Therefore Bizzle is out. 4 games is just not enough to determine how good he would be over 7-8 games in the season. Hell, I started 4-0...if I just stopped playing I don't think I'd deserve to be in the race.MVP don't go to what "might" have happened, it goes to what DID happen. If a pitcher in baseball goes 7-0 and then gets injured for the rest of the year he doesn't get to beat out a 20-4 pitcher. It's about results not potential.2. Default wins should NOT count...but default losses SHOULD count.By that account the only two true choices would be Theraflu (8-3) and Looshle (8-3).I can't believe it's that hard to see! If Mike Tyson doesn't show up to a boxing match he "lost" the match. The sport doesn't care about the "whys"...it's the "what" that counts.In any sport there may be players with greater skill than others but MVP awards always go to those who accomplished the most for their team. Making their team better is also one of those untangibles.If you simply ignore default losses then you guys are saying that a player who goes 7-0 and has 5 default losses is a more valuable player than one who is 8-3 with no defaults. THIS IS MY BEST ARGUMENT BY FAR!!Regardless of why Looshle missed the 2 games we all know that those auto-wins for his opponents affected all of us and is not good for the league. I have nothing against Looshle and he seems like a nice guy in the forums but look at how pissed off GrinderMJ was with the last default. That doesn't say "team player" to me.My final vote for FCPHUL MVP painfully goes to the Hearts Conference MVP...Theraflu. He has a great record and has conducted himself in a manner deserving of a champion.

My final vote for FCPHUL MVP painfully goes to the Hearts Conference MVP...Theraflu. He has a great record and has conducted himself in a manner deserving of a champion.
*tear*your checks in the mail. i couldnt bring myself to vote for....myself.

Since I was asked to vote:I chose Thera. He has 80% of his teams wins.Obviously the others are very good players. Had to disqualify Looshle based on a team captain letting a forfeit happen (and I guess his luckbox win against me in week 4).

I think that it's absurd that a losing record both precluded me both from the playoffs and this voting. What kind of society are we living in that we would be judged by our "wins" and "losses" and not by the quality of man?That said, I'm voting for Huskers.
QFTAlthough not the MVP, Huskers certainly is MVB(ear) and is easily the winner of the Lady Bing Trophy for the player who displays gentlemenly conduct.
I am appointing myself deputy commissioner for the purpose of conducting this poll.Is that okay with you sleuth? Okay..thanks. No problem. I am glad you have this much confidence in me. Oh no, really..you are embarrassing me. Okay..thanks.The Candidates:Theraflew (5150's) 8-3 looshle0 (Looshle Losers) 8-1Lindros88 (Team Canada) 6-2Nutzbuster (Kings in the Hole) 6-2BillyBizzle (Demented Avengers) 4-0GoStags920 (Bayside) 7-4DISCLAIMER: NO LOBBYING IN THIS THREAD.Prize: Our undying respect for all eternity. (Maybe Danny steps up?)The vote will end on Friday at noon.
funny that you did this - I was going to post the same poll today.Thanks for saving me the trouble.
funny that you did this - I was going to post the same poll today.Thanks for saving me the trouble.
What are you talking about...those were just the polls.You gotta put up the "official" vote!!
What are you talking about...those were just the polls.You gotta put up the "official" vote!!
I am using this as the official vote now (or the official tips on my secrect ballot)