What's the standard line here?PF-raise,Flop, B/CTurn?I played it like below to honor Mike Matusow's exit from the ME:Absolute PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $3/$69 playersConverterPre-flop: (9 players) Hero is Button with [Ad] [Kh] 4 folds, MP3 raises, CO folds, Hero 3-bets, 2 folds, MP3 calls.Flop: [2d] [Jd] [Tc] (7.67SB, 2 players)MP3 checks, Hero bets, MP3 raises, Hero 3-bets, MP3 calls.Turn: [4s] (6.83BB, 2 players)MP3 checks, Hero bets, MP3 calls.River: [3d] (8.83BB, 2 players)MP3 checks, Hero bets, MP3 calls.Results:Final pot: 10.83BB

I play my AK very similar to that w/ certain opponents. ex. The **Maniacs** (Recommend PT) But do one thing differnt Check River!On other opponents I leave my Ego @ the door and Call the raise on flop and if UI on turn I fold.Jst my 2 cents :club: GL!

Interested in the responses to this topic too - because I swear that I lose more money when I'm dealt AK than what I win! I'm starting to think that AK is cursed or something (or maybe I just play it like a moron!)

Interested in the responses to this topic too - because I swear that I lose more money when I'm dealt AK than what I win! I'm starting to think that AK is cursed or something (or maybe I just play it like a moron!)
I'll tell you right now that 3-betting that flop against an unknown is a monster spew unless you are planning on taking the free card on the turn.It's still a spew because if it gets capped, you will probably have the odds to make a call on the turn, but it is only because of the artificially inflated pot size.

Zach,remeber the hand in Micro, AT.Wouldn't villain fold AT/AJ here enough to warrant a flop 3-bet - turn bet line?I"m trying to see hands for all sides and this is a good counterpart to the other one.I'm not a fan of taking the free card with a decent pot here and possible fold equity. check behind on river though.

Zach,remeber the hand in Micro, AT.Wouldn't villain fold AT/AJ here enough to warrant a flop 3-bet - turn bet line?I"m trying to see hands for all sides and this is a good counterpart to the other one.I'm not a fan of taking the free card with a decent pot here and possible fold equity. check behind on river though.
Lol, I just replied in the other thread how I don't think AK is played like this very often... maybe I am losing touch as well...
Sorry, I forgot to put villain profile in there.Villain is Mostly TAG, with occasional lapses of loose preflop aggression.In this thread, I'm looking for a more normal line. And, I think Zach has it.Though, certainly if the other players are paying our Hero too much respect and you have fold equity, we can make a play more specific to the situation.-Mps. Villain had QJo
Sorry, I forgot to put villain profile in there.Villain is Mostly TAG, with occasional lapses of loose preflop aggression.In this thread, I'm looking for a more normal line. And, I think Zach has it.Though, certainly if the other players are paying our Hero too much respect and you have fold equity, we can make a play more specific to the situation.-Mps. Villain had QJo
Yeah, I'm going to actually vehemently disagree with everything Actuary has said in this thread, or the other threads relating to AK in the past few days. 3-betting the flop when you missed against an unknown blows.We could use it as a free card play, but that's really risky given the villain has shown us he likes his hand.Furthermore Actuary, do you really think we're getting a player to fold a J here at all? Almost never. I think you need a refresher course in playing against crappy opponents. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.
Furthermore Actuary, do you really think we're getting a player to fold a J here at all? Almost never. I think you need a refresher course in playing against crappy opponents. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.
is this a crappy opponent?Aren't you folding AT against a flop 3-bet Turn bet line, in the Micro thread?What are you doing if you bet/call flop and Villain checks the turn?And suck my balls.
is this a crappy opponent?Aren't you folding AT against a flop 3-bet Turn bet line, in the Micro thread?What are you doing if you bet/call flop and Villain checks the turn?And suck my balls.
i just wanted to quote you becuase i saw your sig, i didn't know that was from Cool Hand Luke.sorry too tired to add any actual content to the thread :club:

Not 3 betting flop, but its ok once and awhile. Turn is ok, river I think should be a check.

Flop is good. Dont bet both the turn and the river. At the river, better hands are almost never folding, worse hands are almost never calling.

Furthermore Actuary, do you really think we're getting a player to fold a J here at all? Almost never.
Do you really think that a J is the only pair he's checkraising the flop with?
Flop is good. Dont bet both the turn and the river. At the river, better hands are almost never folding, worse hands are almost never calling.Do you really think that a J is the only pair he's checkraising the flop with?
the flop could pretty much be anything. it is an unusual play, and that makes it better since reads come into play much better. some opponents are only c/ring the flop with a J there, and some will do it with a huge variety.as abba said, the important thing is to not bet both the turn and river. most of us adopt a bet the turn and check behind on the river line. another option is to check behind on the turn, and call any river bet (perhaps raising QKA), but i think that is only correct in exceptional circumstances.