.I've noticed the streaks at Absolute tend to be a little longer than other places, .
you say this as if you have significant data, or that it's somehow correlated to the site and not just random experiencedo go on!
  • Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little late but my goal for August is to build my "party poker bankroll."I have money in the bank but I would rather not use it and save that money.Currently have $2100 on partypoker and plan to play 2/4 6 max till I get to 3000 for 3/6. For 6 max the swings are sick so I like to have 500 bbs. GL to everyones goals. I saw AlphaOmega1 today at 2/4 6 max. Must say he played well.

2/4 6-max is my current game on Party, when I get around to playing and I'm not donking around in MTTs.

you say this as if you have significant data, or that it's somehow correlated to the site and not just random experiencedo go on!
my experience is that although streaks at other sites (aka party) were more significiant, and often for larger number of bets in a shorter period, a simple up or down streak seems to last longer at absolute.the key word of course is 'seems' since i have no evidence, and it is almost certainly merely a perception, and not actually the case.

Got pissed-off at ring-game variance last night and played in the Paradise Freemillion qualifier at 11pm to do something different.took 9th out of about 1000. (top 15 get spots in the $1000000 tourney on January). I really should consider adding some MTTs to my regular games. I don't suck at them.Ring games were flat for the night.STTs: 4th, 2nd. On the final hand of the 2nd, we both slowplayed each other. I had JJ. He had AA. It was worth the price of admission.

GL to everyones goals. I saw AlphaOmega1 today at 2/4 6 max. Must say he played well.
I appreciate the compliment, and I thought you played very well in the short amount of time that we played together.I also discovered CinciKid at the tables tonight. I never thought I'd have to bother with changing my super secret Party name til I moved up to 5/10+, but if I keep seeing Bascomeb and Cinci I might have to go more covert :club: .Anyways, the past few days have been pretty frustrating as I thought August was a godsend for letting me run somewhat normal - above average, but I've had a 8k hand breakeven/downswing stretch where I think at one point I had a 100bb downswing. It almost prompted me to make a thread asking everybody what their standard deviation is with shorthanded limit since I seem to have so many swings. I'll probably just chalk it up to variance for the next 20k hands and if I don't start running good, I'll spend some time retooling my game.
I appreciate the compliment, and I thought you played very well in the short amount of time that we played together.I also discovered CinciKid at the tables tonight. I never thought I'd have to bother with changing my super secret Party name til I moved up to 5/10+, but if I keep seeing Bascomeb and Cinci I might have to go more covert :club: .Anyways, the past few days have been pretty frustrating as I thought August was a godsend for letting me run somewhat normal - above average, but I've had a 8k hand breakeven/downswing stretch where I think at one point I had a 100bb downswing. It almost prompted me to make a thread asking everybody what their standard deviation is with shorthanded limit since I seem to have so many swings. I'll probably just chalk it up to variance for the next 20k hands and if I don't start running good, I'll spend some time retooling my game.
I've played a bit less than 2k hands this month and I'm stuck almost $300 at 2/4. Tonight I played 250 hands and had QQ-AA 7 times and lost 6 of them. Variance sucks, especially when you don't play a ton of hands at a time. At least it's good to know that others have bad stretches as well, though an 8k hand bad stretch kinda scares me. Hopefully things look up for us soon.

August is going well so far, I hope to be back to break even in my DB at 2/4 by the end of the month. So far, I've come back from running at -1.5bb/100 to -1bb/100 thru abt 25kish hands. Oh, and pacific >>> party, but y'all please stay at party :club:

So, I said I was going to play SNG's until I had enough of a role for NL cash games, but instead, I decided to give 25 NL and 50 NL a shot on a relatively small BR.I'm most likely not playing the most profitable style, however, I'm trying to minimize variance as much as possible, until I have a full roll, then I can start mixing it up, etc.Anyways, it's been 3 days since I've been on my own, and I've nearly doubled my BR.I started at 25 NL, and won 3.5 buyins there, in 157 hands :club:.I then started playing 50 NL (and 1 50 PL table by accident), and so far, I'm up 3 buyins there, in a combined 858 hands.Over my first 1015 hands, which was 3 days, I've managed to make 6.5ish buyins, aka $228.45, for a nice little 29.56 ptbb/100 (which I know isn't sustainable, but it's nice).The new goal for the month, since my plans change ever so often, lol, is to reach $890 in my BR. I have $464 at the moment, having started with $235 3 days ago. I think it's pretty easily doable, but I'm pretty due for a downswing/loing session at NL here, so I'll try and keep it reasonable.The reason for the strange number is this: I owe my buddy $140 from an old gambling debt, and I'm going to transfer that to him on Stars, so that will leave me with $750, aka 15 buyins for $50 NL (finally), so I can play full rolled.I do hear 15-20 buyins is good for low limit NL, right?Anywho, that's the plan/goal.I already know the goal for September, but I'll keep that on the low until then, since it involves paying off one big gambling debt I accrued over my meltdown, (ie $1150 I owe Neteller).The longterm goal is to have my Neteller debt, and my credit card paid off my the end of October, however, I think I can do that before, but I will also have books/tuition to pay, and I don't have cash for that at the moment.Anyways, I hope others are having as good a time playing poker as I am again.Cheers.- Zach

So, I said I was going to play SNG's until I had enough of a role for NL cash games, but instead, I decided to give 25 NL and 50 NL a shot on a relatively small BR.I'm most likely not playing the most profitable style, however, I'm trying to minimize variance as much as possible, until I have a full roll, then I can start mixing it up, etc.Anyways, it's been 3 days since I've been on my own, and I've nearly doubled my BR.I started at 25 NL, and won 3.5 buyins there, in 157 hands :club:.I then started playing 50 NL (and 1 50 PL table by accident), and so far, I'm up 3 buyins there, in a combined 858 hands.Over my first 1015 hands, which was 3 days, I've managed to make 6.5ish buyins, aka $228.45, for a nice little 29.56 ptbb/100 (which I know isn't sustainable, but it's nice).The new goal for the month, since my plans change ever so often, lol, is to reach $890 in my BR. I have $464 at the moment, having started with $235 3 days ago. I think it's pretty easily doable, but I'm pretty due for a downswing/loing session at NL here, so I'll try and keep it reasonable.The reason for the strange number is this: I owe my buddy $140 from an old gambling debt, and I'm going to transfer that to him on Stars, so that will leave me with $750, aka 15 buyins for $50 NL (finally), so I can play full rolled.I do hear 15-20 buyins is good for low limit NL, right?Anywho, that's the plan/goal.I already know the goal for September, but I'll keep that on the low until then, since it involves paying off one big gambling debt I accrued over my meltdown, (ie $1150 I owe Neteller).The longterm goal is to have my Neteller debt, and my credit card paid off my the end of October, however, I think I can do that before, but I will also have books/tuition to pay, and I don't have cash for that at the moment.Anyways, I hope others are having as good a time playing poker as I am again.Cheers.- Zach
At $50 nl you could play with 5-10 buy ins and be ok...10 be better obv. if you are playing more than 1 table.You can beat $50nl for 25/bb no doubt...if you are playing optimally...you could have a roll for $100nl in week or two, if you wanted.- Jordan
At $50 nl you could play with 5-10 buy ins and be ok...10 be better obv. if you are playing more than 1 table.You can beat $50nl for 25/bb no doubt...if you are playing optimally...you could have a roll for $100nl in week or two, if you wanted.- Jordan
Then my new goal is to make as much as I can at NL this month, lol, why set restrictions? :PI have slightly greater than 9 buyins right now, so I'm feeling a bit more reassured after seeing you say that I could play with 5-10.I still plan on playing a ton more hands at 50NL before I move up though, although I have dabbled in 100NL before, when my BR was a bit healthier.This little run has me so excited and confident in regaining my healthy BR. I'm lovin it! :DPeace.- ZachEDIT - And, yeah, so far, I'm just playin 2 tables, so I'd rather have 10-15 buyins, I think.
Then my new goal is to make as much as I can at NL this month, lol, why set restrictions? :PI have slightly greater than 9 buyins right now, so I'm feeling a bit more reassured after seeing you say that I could play with 5-10.I still plan on playing a ton more hands at 50NL before I move up though, although I have dabbled in 100NL before, when my BR was a bit healthier.This little run has me so excited and confident in regaining my healthy BR. I'm lovin it! :DPeace.- ZachEDIT - And, yeah, so far, I'm just playin 2 tables, so I'd rather have 10-15 buyins, I think.
haha, yea..if only that were the truth.im running at 25bigblinds/100 now on pp at $400nl after 3.1k hands this month..that's gonna continue, right?loli mean, i am playing good..and have taken some sick beats..but obv running well too...would be sweet to continue though. need more hands. Jordan

Nice little hit for me tonight. There was a juicy home game, and even though I was a little underbankrolled (about $5500 going into tonight), I took a shot at it. We were playing 30 minute rounds of 5/10 NLHE, 5/10 PLO, and 25-100 spread Stud and Stud 8 with $5 antes and bring ins. I made my one $1000 buy at the beginning, and that was all I neeed as I played well, the deck hit me in the face, and I cashed out with $5700 nine hours later. Very, very good night, and I'm done playing 1/2 NL online for the foreseeable future.

Nice little hit for me tonight. There was a juicy home game, and even though I was a little underbankrolled (about $5500 going into tonight), I took a shot at it. We were playing 30 minute rounds of 5/10 NLHE, 5/10 PLO, and 25-100 spread Stud and Stud 8 with $5 antes and bring ins. I made my one $1000 buy at the beginning, and that was all I neeed as I played well, the deck hit me in the face, and I cashed out with $5700 nine hours later. Very, very good night, and I'm done playing 1/2 NL online for the foreseeable future.
Nice. Congrats.Back to 2/4nl? 28 buy ins should be good for you at that level I think. Just avoid those steam sessions.- Jordan
going to foxwoods this weekend -- plan to play the 5/10 kill o8b game mostly, maybe some other stuff if i run well also i've found what may be the best poker game on the internet: limit five card stud at paradise poker. this game is so easy to play nearly perfectly, yet almost everyone on the site is horrible. too bad they don't spread a game higher than $1/$2.
If I had known you and your crew were going to blitz the $4/8 game, I could have saved myself from going $180 in the hole from a combination of a bad run and the fact that 1/2 of the table was solid while you guys were sitting, and when I did hit my hands I couldn't get paid by your intelligent asses.Fortunately, after you guys left, a few superloose blackjack players sat down and started capping hands to the river blind. I had a $480 upswing and managed to make back the $180 plus a $300 profit in just over two hours. Never seen anything like it there, but apparently the players are regulars. Nearly every pot was a kill, and most got to around $200.It's definitely a game where it's actually still +EV to invest in gas, food and/or a room over playing online, because two of these guys would basically tell you what they had as they reraised you, and they never lied because they went to showdown every time. One actually said "I'll pay you off just to see" when I had the nut flush in a kill pot and capped me on the river with Jack high (yeah, reminiscent of Powers/McManus) and no flush cards. Rather than just pay me off with a call, he felt compelled to cap.Incredible. I'd still be there, but the game broke.

back from foxwoods. ended up stuck mostly because i ran horribly during a long session of 5/10 limit hold'em with a kill. met dunkindonuts in a 4/8 O8 game. i also got staked and played a little 20/40 hold'em. the 20/40 table i was at played like a juicy 5/10 online game.

I wanted to make my 5000th post before bed...So, I'll update my goals for the month.My revised goal was a BR of $890.I currently have $825, with 15 days left in the month.I'd like to add my new goal of as much mobney as possible...lolHope everyone's first half of the month went as suprisingly well as mine. :DGood luck.- Zach

Running well myself, just cleared the hollywood poker bonus for $300 and because of my play I won another $400 so the month is starting off pretty well for me.I highly recommend this bonus for people I signed up through bonus ho's and they have a 7x bonus, it took about 10k hands to clear playing 50 NL but the play is really soft in the afternoons it seems.

Goal for August is to make $1000 at $1/$2 5CD.
OK, not going anywhere with this. Only up about 70BB.Now that H.O.R.S.E. is available to play for real money on Stars, my new goal is just to play as many hands and tables as I can.HORSE is great!!
Got back from turning stone and won 700 at 6-12 limit. Boy people are terrible at live limits. Anyway back to my 2-4 6 max plan. So far played 5k hands this month up around $500
Damn yea I wanted to get there so bad this week. Maybe on friday still.Where they running mid limit games in the 10/20 to 30/60 area?

Well, I just demolished my goal.I got to a 100 NL table, sit down, and there's a guy on my direct right who ended up being a 95/45/2.8, and he had $600!Needless to say, I took about $200 from him, and then someone finally busted him, so he left. But the table was soooo deep, and I was sitting with about $290, and pick up AA, and run it into KK, and win a $380 pot (by far my biggest ever)So, all in all, brings me to a grand total of $1200, as I took my dinner break.So, yeah.. good month... +965 since Wednesday, August 9th...I'm so excited to have my own, respectable BR again :DAnywho, gonna put in another session before bed.- Zach