Well. I suck at PT then, cause I can't even upload my tournament summaries from the Supers I play...bleh.Anyone know how to upload tournament summaries?- Jordan
As long as the hand histories are saved, just go to file, then towards the bottom, it lists the sites and says ... tournament results - manual entry. Both MTT and SNG's can be tracked with PT.
  • Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

going to foxwoods this weekend -- plan to play the 5/10 kill o8b game mostly, maybe some other stuff if i run well also i've found what may be the best poker game on the internet: limit five card stud at paradise poker. this game is so easy to play nearly perfectly, yet almost everyone on the site is horrible. too bad they don't spread a game higher than $1/$2.

also i've found what may be the best poker game on the internet: limit five card stud at paradise poker. this game is so easy to play nearly perfectly, yet almost everyone on the site is horrible. too bad they don't spread a game higher than $1/$2.
See my goal above. Let's not shout too loudly though...
going to foxwoods this weekend -- plan to play the 5/10 kill o8b game mostly, maybe some other stuff if i run well also i've found what may be the best poker game on the internet: limit five card stud at paradise poker. this game is so easy to play nearly perfectly, yet almost everyone on the site is horrible. too bad they don't spread a game higher than $1/$2.
i've always thought that should be a pretty terrible game, since perfect play is so easy. is there a strategy guide i can get my hands on, or just go with the "my card is higher" mentality.
i've always thought that should be a pretty terrible game, since perfect play is so easy. is there a strategy guide i can get my hands on, or just go with the "my card is higher" mentality.
i don't know of any strategy guides, but you can't go wrong raising with high cards
that's what I hear.I've yet to use it with them though.I might if I played 50's or higher regularly.
What's your record for not cashing in STTs? You've told me before...but I'm at 9. I've bubbled (4th) in four of them, and I've had chip leads a number of times. In happier news, I just posted my first winning cash game session in quite a while.
What's your record for not cashing in STTs? You've told me before...but I'm at 9. I've bubbled (4th) in four of them, and I've had chip leads a number of times. In happier news, I just posted my first winning cash game session in quite a while.
10, Once ( i had thought it was 3x, but no)and 8, 5 additional timesout of 750 STT"s Mix of 6 and 10.

Actuary, what site do you play sng's at and at what limits? I currently play the $5.50 full sng's on Stars. I usually do pretty good, I think my biggest leak is being to aggressive early on with marginal hands. Any sites or books you might recommend for improving my game? I have already read HoH I and II.

Actuary, what site do you play sng's at and at what limits? I currently play the $5.50 full sng's on Stars. I usually do pretty good, I think my biggest leak is being to aggressive early on with marginal hands. Any sites or books you might recommend for improving my game? I have already read HoH I and II.
Party22's and 33's6 Man, mostly, some 10.Started with $0, so working my way up.Yet, I'm so risk adverse, it may not matter how many $$$ I haveYou've read more than I have as far as Tourney books.Sorry, can't hlep much on sites, but I know there is.Copernicus is a great guy. PM him for info on SNG Power Tools.
They have 3/6 going on Bodog sometimes. A lot of times it's empty, but it gets donks that will play anything every now and then, and it when it does, it's pretty much free money. I haven't played there in a while, but if you're playing low limits, it's definitely worth checking out.

just played my first dozen 6-max 55 sngs on ppthis game is so much easier than royal vegas. the blinds are no issue, and players enjoy folding their way to victory. at 4 tables, i was able to move from 3rd in chips to dominating chip leader w/o showing a hand when it got down to 3 left.i got criticized for raising too much after some guy doubled up off of meafterwards, he said "keep on raising... donk"i had j6 :club: flop is 10 :D 9 :D 8:club: i open pushhe calls w/ 10-4 (called 1/3 of stack preflop mind you)so far, i've been challenged to 3 headsup matches and been called "*****" at least 5 times<3 <3 <3

I seriously need to start playing more hands if I want to even come close to my goals.I'm guessing I'm up around 1-2k right now on the month, but man I'm just not getting the hands I need to. On the 7th I did..I got in just under 600, the 8th I only got like 180ish in..blah. Time to get on the ball.- Jordan

Broke the STT losing streak in pretty sick fashion. Blinds were 150/300. SB had 5.4k and BB had 3.9k. I had 710. I folded. BB managed to go broke. Took me 35 hands (blinds got to a sickening 400/800) to win the HU battle, but I took it down in the end.As for cash games, I was reflecting more on this afternoon, and I think that I pinpointed part of my problem. It's not that I'd been playing "scared", but I do think that I'd been playing weak-tight for some reason. When I began opening up my game and raising more (and making the marginal-but-good calls that result), I felt like things turned around a bit.

I've been inspired by all of you NL superstars here, and I've decided that a new goal of mine is to learn to play NL cash proficiently.I need to build my BR a bit though first, so I'm sticking with the SNG's for now, but later, probably September, I will play a lot more NL cash games.For now, I'll stick to the odd game, playing stupidly tight, trying to get a feel for things first. :club:****Update on the BR:Up to the point where I only need to make another $70 or so finish off my current deal, and then I'll be back on my own again :DSo far, everything is going as planned, although the nice 80/60/9 aim786 found at the 3/6 SH game definitely helped. That dude donated about 500 between me and aim786 alone.

Update on the BR #2:I'm officially on my own, after a good night tonight.It's August 9th, so for the rest of the month, I'd like to turn my $235 bankroll into about $600 or so. No real solid goal, I'd just like to have some profit that I can keep all to myself :DPeace.- Zach

played about 6 hrs of party 55 sng'sup 600 for the night, and it's not like im catching great cards either. have lost many 4-1 favs. and coinflips and have had qq v. kk, jj v. qq preflop. just cashed all my money outta my royal vegas account (well after blowing 500 sitting at a 10/20 nl table) to play at ppi've also played 4-5 heads up matches, and all but one i've felt that i've outclassed my opponant by a good margin.anyone else here a regular at the 55's?

played about 6 hrs of party 55 sng'sup 600 for the night, and it's not like im catching great cards either. have lost many 4-1 favs. and coinflips and have had qq v. kk, jj v. qq preflop. just cashed all my money outta my royal vegas account (well after blowing 500 sitting at a 10/20 nl table) to play at ppi've also played 4-5 heads up matches, and all but one i've felt that i've outclassed my opponant by a good margin.anyone else here a regular at the 55's?
good idea on cashing out. not sure if it's still an issue, but i've heard more stories about people's accounts on royal vegas getting messed up than i'm comfortable with. i'd suggest keeping your account balance at a minimum.

I was up to 2BB/100 with 4k-ish hands untile last night.But then I had one of those nights.You know, you see the people putting money on the table for you to take. And then you get no cards. And when you do, they don't hit. And then when you get KK in the BB, you get a walk. And, you limp AA preflop and the table folds (and the BB open folds the flop. Yes Really).Back down to .7BB/100.I should resume tracking my STTs though. over the last two nights, I started-up again at the paradise 30STT tables. 1st, 4th, 2nd, 3rd, 8th. That 3rd sucked. I flopped top set and early position open jammed her underpair. But she had a live running flush draw.Where's the bad beat forum?

I was up to 2BB/100 with 4k-ish hands untile last night.But then I had one of those nights.You know, you see the people putting money on the table for you to take. And then you get no cards. And when you do, they don't hit. And then when you get KK in the BB, you get a walk. And, you limp AA preflop and the table folds (and the BB open folds the flop. Yes Really).Back down to .7BB/100.I should resume tracking my STTs though. over the last two nights, I started-up again at the paradise 30STT tables. 1st, 4th, 2nd, 3rd, 8th. That 3rd sucked. I flopped top set and early position open jammed her underpair. But she had a live running flush draw.Where's the bad beat forum?
my bb/100 at Absolute has seen some crazy things. With over 10K hands, I had one session where my cumulative bb/100 went from 1.5 to 1.8, then down to 1.2. I'm hovering around 1.3 right now after 35K hands, but I wouldn't be surprised if my long-term rate was half a point higher or lower.I've noticed the streaks at Absolute tend to be a little longer than other places, even if the variance is lower, so I wouldn't worry too much.
my bb/100 at Absolute has seen some crazy things. With over 10K hands, I had one session where my cumulative bb/100 went from 1.5 to 1.8, then down to 1.2. I'm hovering around 1.3 right now after 35K hands, but I wouldn't be surprised if my long-term rate was half a point higher or lower.I've noticed the streaks at Absolute tend to be a little longer than other places, even if the variance is lower, so I wouldn't worry too much.
Yeah, I'm not so worried. And with $1500 of not-yet-rebated MGR, I think I'll be ok.Also, I just hit VIP status at Absolute. Go me.