I have built my bankroll so that I can comfortably play 0.1/0.25 NL.Most of you guys prolly think this level is petty change, but I am excited about it. First time I haven't thought about cashing out after a week or two of playing.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i officially went broke tonight poker wise...i plan to retire for a while and do some investing in the stock market and maybe if all goes well ill be backlata
Man, we're all a mess...Whatever happened to those of us who preach BR management... I preach it nonstop, but still take shots, and do stupid ****...

Well, I experimented with tightening up just a little bit PF tonight (VPIP down to 36 or 37), and I put in a pretty good session. I took some beats, and I only ended up ahead about a buy-in and a half over 2.5 hours, but I really thought I played well. I'm still dow 3.5 buy-ins for the young month, but that was up to double digits for a while last night, and I'm feeling good about the comeback. I'm sure I'll be well into the black in no time.I've also been better about playing more hands, as I've already got close to 2,500 in three days this month, and I only got in 14K all through July. Part of that was taking time off due to tilting, but the point is I'm feeling really optimistic about August.

well i officially went broke tonight poker wise...i plan to retire for a while and do some investing in the stock market and maybe if all goes well ill be backlata
Redpill?
Redpill?
He said invest in the stock market, not go on food stamps so he doesn't have to get a job.

Feeling slightly beat down by my NLHE cash games, I did something crazy and played some mid-limit SHLHE for only the second time in a month. I won 15 BB! I think it's the first time in a very long time that I felt really good about one of those sessions.

Redpill?He said invest in the stock market, not go on food stamps so he doesn't have to get a job.
Kinda poor attempt at a joke. Redpill was talking about investing in the stock market in his blog recently.Since everyone else posts results in this thread. Played 470 hands of 2/4 6-max today. Lost like $140. Then I played in the PP 40k and final-tabled for $375 for 10th. Totally wiped out my losses and my tourney non-cashes and turned the day into a winner. And I accomplished my tourney goal for the month on day 3.

no results or anything since i'm hating poker right now.i did make some life decisions that will see me not working a real job until at least December, though I'm going to be studying pretty hard, so i'll only be playing poker part-time. I'm making a conscious effort not to set poker goals, since the studying is more important right now.Cashed out $3000 yesterday to bring my total to $5000 for the summer. Very satisfying to still have a bankroll and have all my next year's expenses covered. Might have to cash out a significant portion of my bankroll soon though to cover some courses though.

no results or anything since i'm hating poker right now.i did make some life decisions that will see me not working a real job until at least December, though I'm going to be studying pretty hard, so i'll only be playing poker part-time. I'm making a conscious effort not to set poker goals, since the studying is more important right now.Cashed out $3000 yesterday to bring my total to $5000 for the summer. Very satisfying to still have a bankroll and have all my next year's expenses covered. Might have to cash out a significant portion of my bankroll soon though to cover some courses though.
glllllllllllllllllllllllll w/ all that.i have school too soon. and getting a new apartment...here in october i guess...but i still have poker goals. ;x- Jordan

first off screw you to whoever compaired me to redpill...ive been around long enough to warrant some resceptAs it is i received rakeback for bodog so i am back...up about 200 for the night...got about 4k to go to get back even though. even through the major melt down i felt i played good though so thats the best part. i am on the road to recovery hopefully...ps im an econ major and the stock market is my specialty (see econ tim on 2+2 enought). So the way i invest it isnt near the gamble poker is if you consider poker a gambel

first off screw you to whoever compaired me to redpill...ive been around long enough to warrant some resceptAs it is i received rakeback for bodog so i am back...up about 200 for the night...got about 4k to go to get back even though. even through the major melt down i felt i played good though so thats the best part. i am on the road to recovery hopefully...ps im an econ major and the stock market is my specialty (see econ tim on 2+2 enought). So the way i invest it isnt near the gamble poker is if you consider poker a gambel
I know you've been around forever and no disrespect was meant. It was a very poor attempt at a joke and I apologize.
I know you've been around forever and no disrespect was meant. It was a very poor attempt at a joke and I apologize.
I've seen both you two around here.And we should be able to razz each other w/o the obligatory "I'm kidding"at least, that's my preferenceright, dikfors ?( then again, I have BR self control ,so I tend to be less defensive ...ooooohhh oh no he didnt .... )
Bankroll management. Also stock market sucks currently. Sure you can make $ but you need soooo much more capital.And yea I havent played poker since the first so i'm bored =/

Well, I've got good news and bad news. The good news is I reached my goal of 5,000 hands at 1/2. The bad news is that after some terrible beats (2 of them in a $33 rebuy, that's what I get for taking one of those seriously), I went on massive tilt, and I ended up dropping a total of 7.5 buy-ins. My winrate at 1/2 is all the way down under 5 BB/100 now, meaning I'm only up about 4.5 buy-ins at that level, and my BR looks like ****. I got so pissed off that I went back to Party BJ (brilliant), and got down almost a grand before getting back to even and getting out. I really need to stop doing this crap. I might have to consider going back to SnGs for a while if I'm going to be acting like a jackass whenever I run bad for a couple hours. At least then, if I start making donkey plays, I don't have the excuse of staying in the game because "my image is so good".

Bankroll management. Also stock market sucks currently. Sure you can make $ but you need soooo much more capital.And yea I havent played poker since the first so i'm bored =/
stock market is alright..have some pretty steady investments going for me so I am alright in that category...I generally know about what ill make from thatbankroll management is my big issue...i sat at the 2k with 4 buy ins b/c i was drinking. hopefully i wont do that again who knows.
I dont know how you guys blow up like that.I feel anxiety just thinking about sitting in a 10/20LHE game with $25k sitting in my accounts.
for me its part ego/ stupidity. I hate being down for the day when i feel im playin good...so i will do what i can to make it back which sometimes means jumping up a level or 2. Sometimes it works out and i look like a genius...sometimes im an idiot and crap it all up
That's what held me back for 1.75 years.- Jordan
what ive done so far is just cashed a little out at a time...leavin myself 10 buy ins at the level in my account...that way if i stupidly move up and lose...well at least i still hav emoney i cashed out

It really feels like you all aren't holding yourselves accountable for tilting. The easiest way to prevent tilt is to sign off when you feel it coming. Everybody feels it coming, the anger/hate/frustration/I'm looking down at 73o but I absolutely hate the UTG raiser so I'm going to float him and win this pot no matter what feeling. Just sign off and it goes away, and over time you can increase your tolerance. Tilting easily accounts for some of the largest negative disparities between players' actual win rates and their true win rate, yet it's the most overlooked error in poker IMO.