August is going to be a kick-*** month, I can feel it, and after July I'm ready to start running good again.4120august1.jpgMy first days results. Sustainable? **** yea.As far as my goals:Hands - 60k $$ - Doesn't really matter. Hopefully a lot though.Play lots of NL.Take calculated shots at like 5/10 or 200 NL. I'm the nittiest person in the world when it comes to moving up and taking shots, so I'm hoping I can overcome this.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My goal is to build my bankroll by playing $5 HU matches, and $0.1 NL 6max. In a week or two, I expect to move to the next level of HU matches and 6 max NL.I also want to improve my SNG game because I am aweful at them. The last 4 I have played I haven't cashed.

I also want to improve my SNG game because I am aweful at them. The last 4 I have played I haven't cashed.
you're hopeless.maybe SnG's are just not meant for you,Just to be sure, though, play 2 more.If you still haven't cashed, play 100 just for shits and giggles
you're hopeless.
LOL!I really suck at SNG's. I don't know whether to blame variance or my skills. Last two I have been eliminated when 99 was beat by 33, and AKo vs AKo, the guy made a runner runner flush. First two, I lost to coin flips both times.I used to think limit was hopeless. But then once I focussed on improving my game, I found out that I can make $$ playing limit. I hope the same reasoning applies to SNG's.

well ive decide for ever 1k i make im takin 500 out of the account...its sad i have to do that but well...my tilts are becoming legendary. I hate losing and well i will move up lmits to avoid losing. so my goal is 1k for the month

I want to keep it light this month and enjoy my last full month of summer w/ my friends and gf. It sucks being at a quarter school when everyone else is on semesters. They will all be back at the end of the month and i'm still home till the end of september.2K hands of 25/50nl.50 sngs.be a better player than I was at the beginning of the month.

My goal is the same as every month, win a MTT.On the side, maybe start up my poor limit game again.

After coming off 2 back to back -1k months, I'm ready to make some money back. Switching to sng's/mtts/HU matches for a bit, and then I'll get back to SH limit sometime during the month. Hopefully make 1k this month.

I want to keep it light this month and enjoy my last full month of summer w/ my friends and gf. It sucks being at a quarter school when everyone else is on semesters. They will all be back at the end of the month and i'm still home till the end of september.2K hands of 25/50nl.50 sngs.be a better player than I was at the beginning of the month.
I'm guesing you mean 25 NL and 50 NL right? Because if you're playing 25/50 NL, I don't think anyone's going to offer SnGs that will be high enough to affect your BR.
I'm guesing you mean 25 NL and 50 NL right? Because if you're playing 25/50 NL, I don't think anyone's going to offer SnGs that will be high enough to affect your BR.
haha of course i mean 25 and 50jesus, i couldn't imagine playing that high....

The last week and a half of July I went on a nice tail spin and lost a quarter of my online roll.So August. I'm taking a step back. Stopping Pot Limit Omaha for the time being and will only be playing the following.$5 - $10 multitable tournies$10 SNGs$50 NL holdemI hope to final table 3 tournies, finish in the top three 40% of the time in SNGs, and make 3 buy-ins in 50 NL.

... might want to set goals that you actually have some control over.;P
I find that setting goals like playing a certain amount of hands are just really easy and unsatisfying.

That's not the only kind of goal. Maybe a goal could be to move up and win at a certain rate at your new stakes. Or put a real effort into learning a new game.The goal of winning an MTT is more like a wish.

Well, not a very good start to my month. After putting in a small winning session yesterday (+2 buy-ins), I dropped 8 buy-ins today. A lot of it was just getting cold-decked (KK vs. AA, KK vs. A7 all-in on a 5 hi flop, AK vs. AA against the mainac who called an all-in with A7 on a 5 hi flop, etc., etc.), although there definitely was some tilting toward the end. Also, though, I think I might be missing too much trying to three-table 6-max games. My reads just feel a little bit "off" and I'm not putting enough thought into each individual hand. When I go back to the NL cash games (going to need at least a day or two off), I think I'm going to go back to just playing two tables.

3300 hands of 2/4 6 max$513Pretty good results thus far. Hopefully I can continue to run above average and sack a big winning month.Also, I'm glad I moved my hours strictly to 8-11 pm, 12-2 am, or 8-11 am EST. These are the only times I play now and I like having the schedule, plus Pokertracker says I win the most during these times. Lots o Party fishy. I'm gunna nail that Party Summer Sizzler too. +$300, count it. Anybody else going for that?

I guess I never really posted my goals in this thread, but essentially, I want to have a winning month after last month's disaster. I'm not quite sure what form that'll take. (Granted, I think I learned a lot despite having crappy results.) My confidence in my ability had recently been shaken pretty heavily as I've essentially broken even over the past four months.I've felt good about my NLHE tournament play lately, so I've been pursuing that somewhat. I'm going to try to play a few SNGs each day, and I'll likely play the nightly 25k on Bodog. Tonight, I was fortunate to take down 6th in that tournament for a little over $1k. Certainly a good start to the month.Oh, and I'm also looking forward to playing in a regular home game and learning to play Razz/Badugi/etc.

I'm glad you paid your debts off Cobalt.At least that can't be taken away, no matter how much you tilt!:club:
I'm a little worried that between the car repair, tuition, rent, and bills that I might have to go back into debt. I'm certainly not as far in the black as I once was. I'll probably calculate it out tomorrow. I've been avoiding my spreadsheets since my meltdown session (I've got results written in my notepad).