Daniel Updates At The Main Event

This Thorrson guy is pissing me off. Runner-runner to knock out someone else. He is running too good.
hes reraising and calling all-ins worth over 7,000 in chips with QTo... Thorsson Doubles Up His OpponentSeat 6 raises from middle position to $800 and is re-raised by William Thorsson to $2,400. Seat 1 on the button pushes all-in for $5,375 total. Seat 6 folds and Thorsson calls. Thorsson flips over Qclub10diamond, seat 1 KspadeKheart. The board comes QdiamondJspade2club7spade4club and Thorsson doubles up his opponent. i say there is no way that this guy makes it past day 2... maybe even be out by the end of day 1 with plays like this
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cardplayer hasnt updated DN's chip count for 2 hourshttp://cardplayer.com/tournaments/multimed...dia_type=videosCheck out this video of the chip leader.I almost choked on my sandwich when he said "You just have to show some patience and wait for good spots."(or something like that)Anybod else read his update about calling some guys all in with Q-10 osand playing 7-5 os the way he didps - i dont know him, but i dont like himwarning - VERY boring interview

Interesting "fact" listed in July/Aug issue of "Gambling Online":FCP is #2 (after Party, before Absolute, Stars, and Pacific) in their list of "Most popular Online Poker Rooms."Way to go FCP.Or at least you're paying the right people.

Interesting "fact" listed in July/Aug issue of "Gambling Online":FCP is #2 (after Party, before Absolute, Stars, and Pacific) in their list of "Most popular Online Poker Rooms."Way to go FCP.Or at least you're paying the right people.
popular???I take it they are not using that word in its true senseI find it hard to believe FCP is the second most populated online poker site.They must have just put a poll on a website or seomthingDN down to 46k ish now
I don't understand what you're saying from a grammatical standpoint.
Well then despite your knowledge of the word grammatical - You are too STUPID to read English
85,800 actually...
You avoided the minefield, with a lot of chips too.Way to go. :D:D:D:):club::)
85,800 actually...
heheh...what's a few chips among friends? :)Way to go DN!!! Lots of pitfalls and traps avoided... just surviving Day 1 is an accomplishment these days and you did MUCH better than just survive.Rest and recoup and then kick some butt on day 2!!!
I'm at 11,750..card dead the final level....but still alive!
I have a hard time believing you've ever been card dead. :Pgl both of you!

nice, i was out last night at my friends house and checked the updates on cardplayer but didnt feel like searching for DNNice job daniel and brianKeep it up

nice.... made $100 bucks, bet my buddy you would finish above 50K chips on day one.Think you can get over 180K on day 2? I might bet him double or nothing.
Both of those are sucker bets at even odds. You needed at least 6:1 on Danny Boy having 50K+ to make it a sane bet, and probably 5:2 or so if you're betting on him having 180K+ by the end of day 2. Don't get me wrong - I'm a huge believer in DN's skills - there are just too many ways to lose a bet like that. Looking at yesterday's bet for instance. Only one person in five will ever have a stack over 50K, but that's by the end of the tournament. Many of the people, say 60%, will not reach that pinnacle by the end of day one, and of those who do, almost 50% will drop below 50K by the end of the day. This makes the odds of a random player having 50K+ by the end of the day at about 24:1 against. Edit: Actual results from Day 1a and 1b show it to 26:1 against No doubt, Daniel is much better than a random player, so you can maybe double, or very generously triple his odds to set the line at 8:1 against; They are still nowhere near even. A better bet you could make tomorrow would be that Daniel will reach 180K in chips at some point in time before he goes broke. This would be about 11:10 for a random player with his chip stack, but is probably 3:4 for Negreanu. If you insist on putting a time constraint on it, you should really ask for 2:1 odds or better. But if you do make this bet, I'll be rooting for you to win. Go DN!