Hoosier At The Main Event

I just got back from the Rio after a 15 hour day 1. Ill try and do my best to recap the day. Im drunk so this will be a mess but here we go:9am: Wake up after not being able to sleep, I get about 3 hours total.10am: Head to the Rio, get breakfast, and run into JC in the bathroom and find out that he is a few tables up from me.12pm: Doyle Brunson announces "Shuffle up and Deal". He is a few tables in front of me and Howard Lederer is a few to the right. (Brunson got around 17 different standing ovations today. Im pretty sure its mandatory to clap when Doyle poops)I can't remember all of the hands from 15 hours ago but I was at around 10k at 25-50 when I got hit with a few annoying hands:Raise to 150 with AJ from the hijack, button(who has been calling just about every single one of my raises)calls. Flop comes A 10 8 rainbow I bet 225 he calls. Turn 9 I bet 325 he calls. River 9 I check he bets 500. About 2 hands earlier I called a bluff of his with 3rd pair, so I highly doubted he was bluffing again. I cant really beat anything but I make a donkey call and he shows A9.25/50, 1 ep limper I raise to 225 with AQs, he calls. Flop 882 w/ 2 hearts, he checks I bet 325 he calls, I put him on heart draw. Turn 8 he checks I fire 600 repping pokcet pair, figuring he will toss his flush draw, he calls. Ok I give up Im checking behind unless A or Q hits. River 10, check check he shows 107 hearts.A few hands later a million people limp I limp the button with A5s, flop AA7 rain. Checked to me I bet like 1/2 pot, only CO (same guy with 107hearts) calls. Turn is 3 CO bets half pot I think for a while and call. River J, Im pretty sure he is checking a huge hand as earlier today he checked the nuts to me because I was firing early and often. Check check. He shows AJ. I could have lost alot more with this hand.Anyway I was playing a lot of hands, but despite playing fairly well and making some good reads was down to 7200 early.50-100 aggro/donkey UTG(he always thought I was bluffing, cause I bluffed him in 1 tiny pot) raises to 300. Folded to me in the bb I call with 77. Flop 762 all diamonds. I check planning to check raise knowing that he has cont bet every time when he has the lead and checked to. He fires 600, I make it 2300, he thinks forever, but lookes genuinely concerned about the hand and mutters that he thinks I have air, then makes it 4200..I puke and hope he isnt hollywooding AdKd and shove, he calls with AhQd....nice play sir. I amazingly dodge the flush and double to 14k...maybe I will make a run in this tournament.Scrap around to 13-14k then I get a short stack all in with my KK v his QQ and my hand holds and Im up to 20 dimes.It is around this time that I have a good read on just about everyone at my table, and to be honest I had a bad table draw. Everyone was playing ULTRA-ROCKY, which would be good if blinds were high, but since blinds were so low and stacks were deep it was hard to accumulate any sort of chips unless you had a cold-deck/cooler situation. So after the KK v QQ hand I have around 20k and then comes the coldness:-I open A10s from mp, button repops I fold. -I raise AQs from ep, mp hippie/stoner/moron calls, flop Jxx I cont. bet he calls, I check fold blank turn he shows AJ. -Hippie opens I call AcQc on the button, flop comes Axxw/ 1 club, I call flop bet fold to turn rag he shows AK.-I open a few more pots and get repopped by ppl who show AA and KK.So now Im down to around 13k and semi-tilted but I own the guy who had been calling all of my raises in 2 straight pots and am up to around 16k.A South African (S.A.) guy has recently been moved to our table and is opening just about every time its folded to him. Strangely he is pretty short and is folding to shorter-stack reraises when getting like 6-1. He plays bad. Eventually he doubles to around 8k at the 100-200 level with 66 v KK AI pf with 6 on river.After S.A. doubled we got in a big confrontation, but here are the hands that took place between us before his double:-100-200, S.A. (5k) opens to 700 from the CO, I make it 3k with JJ in the BB he folds. -100-200, I check raise S.A. all in with top pair after defending my blind and he folds.This guy bet whenever checked to but laid down hands often. I just want to set the scene for the next hand where I lost half my stack:100-200 S.A. open limps from the CO. I have seen this guy open limp Q7 from UTG+1 with <8 bbs already. Button calls, sb rock of gibralter folds, I wrap KsQo from the bb. I had raised in a similar spot earlier against different limpers, but not against these 2.I check raise him all in on a Q104J board w/3spaids(I have QKs), he calls with 2 red aces and naturally I brick million outs and he doubles. I was very suprised to see he limped with aces and I guess he "trapped" me.Now Im down to around 8k ish. I build up to 10k, but then go on a reschefulous disgusting cold card streak. I was pretty much Stone card dead the entire tourney, but for this 3 hour stretch to close the tourney I didnt pick up higher than Jack high 95% of the time. It was very gross. For the entie 15 hour day I had KK once, AA once(Won 150 in blinds) QQ once(won the blinds late) AK once and AQ once, and hardly any middle pairs. That is pretty gross when you are playing for 15 hours. I would have killed for a suited connector the last 5 hours of the tourney, but I couldnt even get that. So anyway I maintian my 8k stack with my rocky table by basically moving in alot and winning the antes. The last level I was trying desperately to double but nobody would call me. I wanted to double up or go home soooo bad and was literally begging for a call but everyone just wanted to maintain for day 2 and were playing like rocks. So then my AJ is called by a shorties 10 10 and I lose half my stack 20 seconds before the end of the day.So now Im stuck with 5k in chips for day 2 asdifhaoshdfashndfajfhjasfasfjhashfsjdf. I think Im the shortest stack left in the tournament so far. I would have rather went busto so I could fly home tomorrow, but I guess I still have a tiny tiny tiny shot of hitting some miracle rush. Anyway Im tired and need sleep but a very frustrating day and I will make a sober more organized post in my blog.The structure in this tournament is pretty damn sweet btw. We played for 15 hours today and the blinds ended at 200-400.

Now Im down to around 8k ish. I build up to 10k, but then go on a reschefulous disgusting cold card streak.lol, I take it you listen to "The Circuit"?The average is only about 23k in chips so you can still comeback by just catching a few good hands and them holding up like you did at the start of the tourney.gl to you the rest of the way.You already beat 6,000 people and have a top 3200 finish.lol :club::D:D:D

Sounds like you didn't run great, but at least you're still alive with a chance, however small, to make a run. Thousands of others can't say that. I wish you the best of luck on day 2 in like 3 or 4 days.

So now Im stuck with 5k in chips for day 2 asdifhaoshdfashndfajfhjasfasfjhashfsjdf. I think Im the shortest stack left in the tournament so far. I would have rather went busto so I could fly home tomorrow, but I guess I still have a tiny tiny tiny shot of hitting some miracle rush.
I'm sure you've read this, but it's from Barry Greenstien's website, about Sammy Farha:Amusing anecdoteEight hands before the end of Day 2 in 2003, I drew out on Sammy and he got up from the table. He thought he was busted, but he had 5,000 more than I had. (80,000 was average at that point.) He said, “I’m leaving. I can’t do anything with 5,000.” I said, “Sammy, sit down and take a shot.” Sammy went all-in in the dark on the next two hands and doubled up each time. Of the last eight hands played at our table that night, Sammy was all-in before the flop on seven of them. He ended the second day with 58,000. Of course, Sammy went on to become famous as he cashed out $1.3 million for his second place finish in the event.
The average is only about 23k in chips so you can still comeback by just catching a few good hands and them holding up like you did at the start of the tourney.
This is extermely true. People often loose hope in the main event, and don't realize that the stucture is moving along so slowly that they really aren't in that bad of shape. Two flips of the coin and you are right back in it man.

tough luck hoosier but your still in it. a couple of early day 2 double ups and your back with the pack. a player who has nothing to lose can be very dangerous. gl the rest of the way. only day 1 of a 9 day marathon.

So now Im stuck with 5k in chips for day 2 asdifhaoshdfashndfajfhjasfasfjhashfsjdf. I think Im the shortest stack left in the tournament so far. I would have rather went busto so I could fly home tomorrow, but I guess I still have a tiny tiny tiny shot of hitting some miracle rush. Anyway Im tired and need sleep but a very frustrating day and I will make a sober more organized post in my blog.The structure in this tournament is pretty damn sweet btw. We played for 15 hours today and the blinds ended at 200-400.
that is better than most internet tourneys

hoos - gl man...i'm one of those long time listeners; first time callers (ask mjgrind) - you still have a real chance...steal when it feels right and play good ones aggressive - that's all you can ask for now...best!btw - go spartans!!!!lol

glglglglglgllglgllggl hoosiertough first day but you are still in itget a double and then have some hands hold and you are back in it