Ok so this is my "How to" for the weekend. Today's lesson will be how to not play aces right. I was absolutely befuddled on every street of this hand100nl 6max Bodogrelevant stacks: Hero: 190bb: 98button: 128Hero in sb: a :D a :club: preflop: 2 folds, 1 calls, button raises to 4.5, Hero raises to 12, bb calls????, limper folds, button callsPot: 37flop: q :) 10 :) 7 :) Action: Hero checks, bb bets 5, button calls 5, hero calls 5Pot: 52turn: a :D Action: 3 checksPot: 52river: j :D Action: hero checks, bb bets 16, button folds, hero throws up and callsSo i think they only street i played right was preflop. I dont know why i let position and the suited flop mess with my head but man was that a bad hand. I was also plannin to quit somewhat soon and well I played this like a pansy. The worst part about this is i had a great session but yet i just go back to this hand as the only real memorable hand of the sessionI hope this post was not beneficial for anybody and i hope nobody will ever consider playing aces this way....that is allClass dismissed

So, as a theraputic exercise, how would you play it in hindsight?One big problem here is that the pot got too big (given the stack sizes) pre-flop. Almost any alternate line you take gets all the money in the pot. Having said that, leading out on the flop is good, but I actually like the idea of a check/raise on the flop. Bumping it up to around $20 should give you the information you need. It's way to weak to drive out any drawing hands, but it gives the made flush (or a set) a chance to come back over the top (likely a push), in which case you can lay the hand down. When the ace comes on the turn, you simply push at this point. Hopefully, you only got one caller on the flop, otherwise they both probably have odds to chase.As to hands, I'm guessing the button had Q's (which were misplayed on the flop) and the BB had AK (with the Ace of clubs) and he got to name his price to draw on the flop.

So, as a theraputic exercise, how would you play it in hindsight?One big problem here is that the pot got too big (given the stack sizes) pre-flop.
With AA, that seems like a good thing.
Almost any alternate line you take gets all the money in the pot. Having said that, leading out on the flop is good, but I actually like the idea of a check/raise on the flop. Bumping it up to around $20 should give you the information you need. It's way to weak to drive out any drawing hands, but it gives the made flush (or a set) a chance to come back over the top (likely a push), in which case you can lay the hand down.
I'm with you there. A little aggression on the flop would be good.
With AA, that seems like a good thing.
Well, yeah. :club: Just meant that with those stack sizes, you don't really have much room to figure stuff out come the flop (or later streets). So, you almost end up just having to decide whether the rockets are good or not and get all the money in. With deeper stacks you'd have a better chance to see if you are in serious trouble (or get outplayed, :D).
So i think they only street i played right was preflop.
No, not really. I think reraising to less than 3 times the bet really telegraphs aces. If you're going to reraise, you should probably go to at least $15 or $16.On the monotone flop, you really need to bet close to the size of the pot. The chances that someone flopped a flush are pretty slim, but you can't let them get a cheap draw to it. I'd say $35 would be a good bet there. If you get raised all-in, you have to call, and if you get called, you can push any non-club turn.The fact that your PF raise pot-commits you to pretty much any flop is another reason that you need to raise more preflop. If you telegraph your hand and give a cheap price, you can give villian implied odds to call with almost anything.
Pot: 37flop: q :club: 10 :D 7 :D Action: Hero checks, bb bets 5, button calls 5, hero calls 5
you make money playing NL?******************I agree with Iggy, except: WE call a push? Asuming normal villain?If we bet $35, and say BB pushes, LP folds, we'll be getting 3:1But if BB folds and LP pushes it's 2.3 : 1I dont play much NL, but can we call eiter of these ?We'd have to assume a semi bluff a fair amount, yes?Or, is it TP a lot? and Sets/Flushes not very often ?ok..I guess I"m talking my self into liking a call as well.
So i think they only street i played right was preflop.
Nope. Youre a bit too deep to raise so little pf. Assuming villian needs 10:1 to make this call with implied odds (sometimes you will set over set and win big), he only needs 7.5 x 10 - money in pf to make this call with any pp. That means that he only has to expect to win around 55 on average from you postflop to make his call correct.Also, the reasons Iggy suggested. RAise more.That flop sucks, but unless you were planning to check/fold, you have to suck it up and bet.The turn was an excellent card for you. The flop was played fairly passively, so you should now bet the turn and not risk having it checked through.Given that the flop checked through, I think you have to bet the river. Bet around half the pot. I don't know why you are so sick about calling that tiny bet on the river??