For Those Who Went Broke But Climbed Back Up

for those of you that went broke and started from scratch back up,how do you deal with the psychological burden of playing in the low limits?even if i try to think of it in terms of BB, the money is too insignificant compared to the 'good ol days'its so hard to play wellyippi, i netted 10BB this session! oh wait.... its only 5 bucks... **** me

for those of you that went broke and started from scratch back up,how do you deal with the psychological burden of playing in the low limits?even if i try to think of it in terms of BB, the money is too insignificant compared to the 'good ol days'its so hard to play wellyippi, i netted 10BB this session! oh wait.... its only 5 bucks... **** me
going broke is part of being a player.
It's like what your dad tells you when you're young..."it builds character"Yeah, it sucks to play low limits again but then you'll respect your bankroll more later on when it's healthy again.Also, if you have poker friends they can stake you so that you don't have to drop too many levels down.
It's like what your dad tells you when you're young..."it builds character"Yeah, it sucks to play low limits again but then you'll respect your bankroll more later on when it's healthy again.Also, if you have poker friends they can stake you so that you don't have to drop too many levels down.
so is your resolution just to bite down hard, and suck it up since i was the idiot that caused this whole thing to happen and have no one else to blame but myself for this disasterous mischief?

for me it didn't really matter what stakes I was playing. the main thing was that I was back to playing poker and back on the grind. I knew if I played well that the money would take care of itself.7 months later and i'm playing stakes double what I was playing before I went bust. Im actually glad it happened, I am a much better player because of it. I can also guarantee that i will never let it happen to me again. come to think of it... haven't you learned anything about bankroll management and discipline having already gone broke at least once already?

for me it didn't really matter what stakes I was playing. the main thing was that I was back to playing poker and back on the grind. I knew if I played well that the money would take care of itself.7 months later and i'm playing stakes double what I was playing before I went bust. Im actually glad it happened, I am a much better player because of it. I can also guarantee that i will never let it happen to me again. come to think of it... haven't you learned anything about bankroll management and discipline having already gone broke at least once already?
i think its this very thought that keeps getting me broke. 'this 10BB could've been 100 bucks rather than 5 bucks'getting frustrated and jumping over the ladder.i have a mindset that i hate poker. i absolutely hate it. my screen name is mehatepoker nowadays since ihatepoker is usually taken.it actually amazes me there's people like you that actually enjoy poker.could you provide me with the limits you've played before you went broke and limits you started to play just after returning
so is your resolution just to bite down hard, and suck it up since i was the idiot that caused this whole thing to happen and have no one else to blame but myself for this disasterous mischief?
That's pretty much it
i think its this very thought that keeps getting me broke. 'this 10BB could've been 100 bucks rather than 5 bucks'getting frustrated and jumping over the ladder.i have a mindset that i hate poker. i absolutely hate it. my screen name is mehatepoker nowadays since ihatepoker is usually taken.it actually amazes me there's people like you that actually enjoy poker.could you provide me with the limits you've played before you went broke and limits you started to play just after returning
Sounds like you're pretty frustrated dude. That's not a good place to be. Perhaps a break is in order.If you can't get excited or play your best without big money on the line then I suggest you take my other solution. Borrow money from a poker friend.
That's pretty much itSounds like you're pretty frustrated dude. That's not a good place to be. Perhaps a break is in order.If you can't get excited or play your best without big money on the line then I suggest you take my other solution. Borrow money from a poker friend.
Or get a job to build your bankroll.
i think its this very thought that keeps getting me broke. 'this 10BB could've been 100 bucks rather than 5 bucks'getting frustrated and jumping over the ladder.i have a mindset that i hate poker. i absolutely hate it. my screen name is mehatepoker nowadays since ihatepoker is usually taken.it actually amazes me there's people like you that actually enjoy poker.
I'm sure you probably thought of this on your own, but if you hate poker, maybe you should, wait, what was I going to say. Play more poker. But that doesn't sound right at all.
Or get a job to build your bankroll.
min. wage at mickey d's for a month and you have around a thousand bucks. i guess you'd need to work there for a couple months even to be able to play 5/10, id just grind it out

So you want to rebuild, but you hate poker? Do you hate all poker or did you only play one or even two games? This may not fit your case exactly because I very rarely played online and the vast majority of br was for b&m rooms where hold 'em is king. I found I got very very frustrated and bored with hold 'em, and as an indirect consequence went broke. So now I'm using this time during my rebuilding to try some other games. The logic being it's fairly easy for me to replenish 50 bucks (playing a new game at micro) As opposed to scraping together a few hundred to go back to the b&m hold 'em game. Furthermore, doing so has kind of re-invigorated my outlook on poker. I've really come to enjoy omaha hi/lo and stud, and incorporating these into my rotation of games played has really helped me psychologically. Essentially, use this time to your advantage by mixing it up, you might be surprised the effect it can have on your bread and butter game.May not work for everyone, or even be recommended for everyone, but it's working for me. Just a thought.