** Dealing Down Cards **Hero (utg+1): Raise ($6.00)mp3: Raise ($9.00)Hero: Raise ($6.00)mp3: Call ($3.00)** Dealing Flop **Community cards: [ 2c 6c 2s ]Hero: Bet ($3.00)mp3: Raise ($6.00)hero: Call ($3.00)** Dealing Turn **Community cards: [ 5d ]Hero: Check ($0.00)mp3: Bet ($6.00)Hero: Call ($6.00)** Dealing River **Community cards: [ 7s ]Hero: Check ($0.00)mp3: Bet ($6.00)Hero: Call ($6.00)** End Round **Analysis please.Am I playing this too passively? I don't have the luxury of position and so since I could be dead against KK and AA, i figured check-calling would be best if he has JJ or lower pair.Bad logic or no?

I would call the raise on flopCheck turnWhen Villian Bets turn I would Raiseand Bet River
I don't like that idea. With KK, yeah, but not with QQ.I like Zach's line best. After we cap and he still raises the turn, we have to start getting worried a bit, but we're probably still ahead by a tiny bit (unless villian is an overaggro donk). If I had JJ in your spot, I would play it the same way, but QQ is a little too strong.
I don't like that idea. With KK, yeah, but not with QQ.I like Zach's line best. After we cap and he still raises the turn, we have to start getting worried a bit, but we're probably still ahead by a tiny bit (unless villian is an overaggro donk). If I had JJ in your spot, I would play it the same way, but QQ is a little too strong.
I play my premium PP's Strongly. But thats what makes this game awesome! Theres not just one style of play that is a winning strategty.And not sure if others have noticed but seems to me Mikey plays his Premium hands passively and his weak hands or (middle pair) strongly. :club:
lol... i'm 3 betting with A5s (middle pair)... or 3-betting the flop with AQs, no pair and just a gutshot?:D
:club: its okay Mikey its all about "living and learning" thats what this game is all about! :D GL!
I would call the raise on flopCheck turnWhen Villian Bets turn I would Raiseand Bet River
I hate this. So much. And I'm mediocre at this variation. What happens if you get raised/reraised on turn/riv?

I hate my hand if we are capped on the flop, given our preflop cap from UTG.THis guy has to put us on JJ+, AK. Maybe TT.sure, I go to c/c mode if capped, I'm not folding. I like the OP's line because I think AK and lower pairs will continue to bet more often here on the turn and river.Lose less when behind and make about the same when aheadIf we 3-bet flop and lead turn, AA/KK raises us a lot.or am I all wet?

Actuary,I really think you are overestimating the aggression from a random donk with a UI AK here at a full table... They usually won't 3-bet or cap with Ace high, let alone raise it in the first place.

Actuary,I really think you are overestimating the aggression from a random donk with a UI AK here at a full table... They usually won't 3-bet or cap with Ace high, let alone raise it in the first place.
ok.but that makes it even better to not 3bet the flopWe will be raised more often by hands that beat us, and fold hands like TT/JJ/AK. If you thought AK would cap more, then 3-bettng flop and callnig down if capped becomes a stronger argument? no?