sb: Small Blind ($1.00)bb: Big Blind ($3.00)** Dealing Down Cards **Hero: [ 5s As ]utg: Call ($3.00)Hero mp2: Call ($3.00)sb: Call ($2.00)bb: Check ($0.00)** Dealing Flop **Community cards: [ 6d 5d 3h ]sb: Check ($0.00)Bb: Check ($0.00)utg: Check ($0.00)Hero: Bet ($3.00)sb: Fold ($0.00)bb: Raise ($6.00)Hero: Raise ($6.00)bb: Call ($3.00)** Dealing Turn **Community cards: [ Qd ]bb: Check ($0.00)Hero: ???Bet ya?1) should I have taken a chance and raised from mp2 to isolate? I know a5suited isn't that great of a hand but still, it has a better chance winning heads up.2) Flop - Although I have no idea what bb has, I decided I would 3bet to see where I stand, especially since I have position. Since he only called and checked turn, I figure bet/fold and if he calls, take a free river (unless I make 2 pair or trips)

I think you should fold preflop.I think you should NOT 3-bet the flop to see where you stand. I really don't want to get into this because I've done it a million times, but you can't raise to see where you stand. You raise for value, or you raise to force someone off a better hand. You are doing neither here.I think you should fold the turn UI.

Maybe I play too tight, but I fold A5, suited or not, unless I'm the button or the blind and can get in for free or completing.

Limping w/ A-Xs ?And if an A hits your calling down righ?I've been doing this recently before I act I ask myself "Why am I Raising, Checking or Folding" (And takes ZACHS's advice about not raising to "check where your at" That has been my flaw its more to due w/ ones "EGO" but thats a totally differnt subject.GL! :club:

Hey mikey,preflop is fine, don't listen too the nits. :)The 3-bet on the flop is not terrible, but I prefer a call down vs most.As palyed, bet/fold the turn.
Wouldn't you want more opponents to play a weak suited ace screech?
Wouldn't you want more opponents to play a weak suited ace screech?
It depends how well they play them :club:.FWIW, I play all my suited aces for 1 bet in SH, and open with them from any position. I show a profit with all of them raising from 3 OTB. I can't see how this limp is a losing play as long as you don't get yourself into trouble postflop.
It depends how well they play them :club:.FWIW, I play all my suited aces for 1 bet in SH, and open with them from any position. I show a profit with all of them raising from 3 OTB. I can't see how this limp is a losing play as long as you don't get yourself into trouble postflop.
so you play passively sh? can I say LIMP-DONNK! :lol:btw Mikey was @ a full ring game
so you play passively sh?
I show a profit with all of them raising from 3 OTB 3 off the button is in first position sh. I don't see how raising every Axs first in from all positions means I'm passive?
can I say LIMP-DONNK!
Sure. I limp behind with small suited aces if there's a limper ahead of me.
btw Mikey was @ a full ring game
I know. But you realize that MP2 is the same as first position in a SH game right? I'm sure that most decent players in most circumstances would turn a profit here by limping. I might dish if UTG was tight, but otherwise, I limp. I like money, and I like making poker fun.
Youre right, but with a 4 in front of it, I meant off. :D
I'm not sure what you're talking about, I was just correcting the usage of OTB when they use it here, however, you can say 4OTB and it's off... I have no idea. :club:

i raise a lot to see where i am at but you cant see where you're at in all situations with a raise (sometimes you can sometimes you cant). this one there is no way you can raise to see where you are at unless the guy re raises. if he calls you have no idea where you are at. i would fold preflop because with a weak ace you are in tough spots normally.