I just figured everybody was in Vegas.
I didn't think of that immediately, but I assumed people like myself were persuing other interests outside of poker. I never thought i would say I don't really want to make money right now, but I am (at least with rakeback, lol). we'll see when the wsop stuff ends i guess.
What happened to the shorthanded forum? I never posted here a lot, but when I did, after one day my post would be on the second page. Now, they are still at the top. Where did everyone go?
I think a lot of posters get bored with talking about the same things over and over again. That's my feeling anyway.

For me, I've sort of taken a break from SHLHE because I've been running bad for over 30k+ hands and it really has taken the life/enthusiasm for shorthanded hold 'em out of me.It's also the summer, so I wouldn't expect a ton of people to be on the board.Edit: FWIW, I thought the progression of this forum was amazing when it was first conceived, and I find that nearly every post has depth and value, which cannot be said for other strategy sections.

I'm into SNG's now, the variance in SHLHE is evil.Also, I think NL cash is all the rage now, right screech and pp24?
RIGHT!I think one of the reasons I'm much more interested in nl (aside from the $$) is because I still in the early learning stages of the game, which makes it much more enjoyable. Not to say I know everything about limit - far from it - it's just that with limit I feel like I've kind of plateaued with the mental energy I'm willing to put into it.

I always found this forum to have the best posts. I play a mix of full and shorthanded limit, but I hardly ever browse the regular limit section.I'm starting to play NL cash games again, so maybe I'll find may over that section.

All the cool kids went back to playing NLHE. :)That said, when I can stop running badly and get my BR back to sustain 20/40 SHLHE, I'll be back.

All the cool kids went back to playing NLHE. :club: .
I still play short LHE, but thats just cause I'm a glutton for punishment, and I don't feel like dropping a few levels to relearn NL

just as intersting to me is the seemingly universal lower winrates lately among limit players from this forum. Atl east the regular posters. Not 100%, but a decent number.why?are we not helping each other?are we misguided by frequent posters (like me? uh hum, no one should listen to me, I'm new at poker, really)I wonder that lately. Does 2+2, for example, just give better advice?or are the players just better online now?Or, were the cohort of regular posters just more likely to be winners who felt they had reason to post and share our secrets (me and Zach :club: ) but really we are marginal winners who finally saw our long term WR coming to fruition. (sp)I didn't play enough afte I stopped playnig to really know; but I feel inadequate when I play now. And never ever really felt like my game was as good as my WR (about 3-4 BB/100 over 75k hands, depending on level or SH/Full)I'm with Screech on the mental plateau, although, I've given much less effort to learn than he has, it still at a point where I'm not ready to give more at this time.

just as intersting to me is the seemingly universal lower winrates lately among limit players from this forum. Atl east the regular posters. Not 100%, but a decent number.why?are we not helping each other?are we misguided by frequent posters (like me? uh hum, no one should listen to me, I'm new at poker, really)I wonder that lately. Does 2+2, for example, just give better advice?or are the players just better online now?Or, were the cohort of regular posters just more likely to be winners who felt they had reason to post and share our secrets (me and Zach :club: ) but really we are marginal winners who finally saw our long term WR coming to fruition. (sp)I didn't play enough afte I stopped playnig to really know; but I feel inadequate when I play now. And never ever really felt like my game was as good as my WR (about 3-4 BB/100 over 75k hands, depending on level or SH/Full)I'm with Screech on the mental plateau, although, I've given much less effort to learn than he has, it still at a point where I'm not ready to give more at this time.
I wish I could play SHLHE, but from what I read in some of your guys' posts, I dont think I have the mental capibility. LOL seriously, dropping 100BBs in minutes doesnt exactly turn me onto the game. Plus the one time I experimented, I got absolutely destroyed.
I wish I could play SHLHE, but from what I read in some of your guys' posts, I dont think I have the mental capibility. LOL seriously, dropping 100BBs in minutes doesnt exactly turn me onto the game. Plus the one time I experimented, I got absolutely destroyed.
This is why I can't play anymore...lolAlso, I really do suck at poker.

How much more success is everyone having with NL? I have no idea how to play, but maybe I'll learn and mix it in if it's as lucrative as everybody says. Do you guys play SH or full-ring?