Quick Exits, How Would Handle It?

Well, 7 minutes into Day 1 of the ME, someone's already busted out. How would you deal with that kind of embarassment just from getting up from your table and walking (or running/crying/swearing) to the rail?Agh, stupid topic name, forgot the You in there obviously.

"Oh well, time to go play golf"Negreanu, "You're going to go play golf? Can I come to? I'm all in!!!!"Negreanu turns over 7-2 and is eliminated against Erin Ness's pocket aces when there is no improvement on the board.

Well, 7 minutes into Day 1 of the ME, someone's already busted out. How would you deal with that kind of embarassment just from getting up from your table and walking (or running/crying/swearing) to the rail?
depends on the play but i would be really pissed probablyunless i was making a good salary each year and could afford it but to pay$10,000 for 7 minutes that would kill me to have done dropped that moneyid also probably never play poker again

In my first ever live tourney, the $500 WSOP Circuit Event in New Orleans, I busted out at exactly one hour when my pocket Kings were cracked by a guy's pocket Queens when he caught a Queen on the flop. I tried to drown myself in the Mississippi River but my friend saved me. Damn him.

I busted-out in 15 minutes in event #6 at this WSOP. I handled it by going to Paris and drinking way too many Black Russians at the Pai Gow table. Mmmm, Paris cocktail waitresses FTW.-M

Well, 7 minutes into Day 1 of the ME, someone's already busted out. How would you deal with that kind of embarassment just from getting up from your table and walking (or running/crying/swearing) to the rail?Agh, stupid topic name, forgot the You in there obviously.
i'd handle it with a bottle of jack, the rest of my money, and a strip joint
meh ... expect an attempt at a book or some such media exploitation ...
what reason is there to be embarassed?

I've played in 3 live tournaments and in all 3 I've busted out after about 30 minutes. In 2 I was crippled after I was caught bluffing by a donkey who had no business calling given what I was representing, and in the 3rd I took a pretty bad beat. You feel like such an idiot when you bust out early in a live tourney...you gotta stand up from the table and walk through all of the other tables that are playing...it sucks. It's much easier online when you can just go poof and you're gone.In my own defense though, the structure of those tourneys I played in is pretty bad, and you gotta take chances and get chips early or you'll have no chance.

IF i busted out of the ME in 7 minutes.... It would have had to have been from a bad beat, because god knows I'm playing tighter than a nun's baby-maker the first 2 levels of play...Therefore, I'd go throw a kitten into traffic or something.

Yeah If I bust out early AGAIN i will be extremely upset at myself. last year i was out in exactly 2 hours. i play tomorrow. i know its stupid but i just have such a better feeling about this one than last year.

In my first ever live tourney, the $500 WSOP Circuit Event in New Orleans, I busted out at exactly one hour when my pocket Kings were cracked by a guy's pocket Queens when he caught a Queen on the flop. I tried to drown myself in the Mississippi River but my friend saved me. Damn him.
:club: Good thing it wasn't a $10,000 buy-in. How much is your life worth?
i'd handle it with a bottle of jack, the rest of my money, and a strip joint
Damn you hit it on the nose!HAHA I did that exact thing last week in vegas, jack and coke, and the Spearment Rhino. I love vegas!