Best Song Intro's Of All Time...

Maggot Brain, By parliment.
first time i saw them george clinton was introducing this and in the middle of the intro he looked over and said"that looks like stevie over there" he then walked off the stagean hour later Stevie came out and sang back up on damn can't remember the song but its the one de la soul sampled for me myself and I knee? drop? something like that
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crazy Train, Paranoid, Stairway to Heaven and White Room are some of the best song intros listed soo far but you guys are still forgetting some.A couple that come to mind that noone has said are:AC/DC- Back in Black, Hell's BellsLed Zeppelin- Whole Lotta Love, Kashmir, Black DogDeep Purple- Smoke on the WaterGuns N' Roses- Sweet Child O' MineBlue Oyster Cult- Don't Fear the ReaperQueen- Bohemian Rhapsody and We Will Rock YouLynyrd Skynyrd- Sweet Home Alabama

Madness - One step BeyondHey youDon't watch that watch thisthis is the heavy heavy monster soundthe nuttiest sound aroundso if you've come in the off the streetand you're beginningto feel the heatwell listen buster you betterstart to move your feetto the rockinest rock steady beatof madnessONE STEP BEYOND!!!
This just works so much better coming from your avatar.Some good ones mentioned so far, I'll throw out Sweet Emotion by Aerosmith, the full intro version of course. And then it goes downhill from there....
first time i saw them george clinton was introducing this and in the middle of the intro he looked over and said"that looks like stevie over there" he then walked off the stagean hour later Stevie came out and sang back up on damn can't remember the song but its the one de la soul sampled for me myself and I knee? drop? something like that
Stevie? as in Stevie Wonder? ****ing sweet..
yeah - i also wound up on a plane with the whole band once right after getting dumped - it was pretty humorous
Keith, Today I just learned to love you. So many good posts today.

i don't think i can pick a favorite, but here's some (or least some that should be) classics (in no particular order) - roundabout - yes2112 - rushcome together - beatlesalison - elvis costello & the attractions

i don't think i can pick a favorite, but here's some (or least some that should be) classics (in no particular order) - roundabout - yes2112 - rushcome together - beatlesalison - elvis costello & the attractions
i was gonna mention roundaboutI love how the drumming on come together sounds like a rotary phoneanyone else remember rotary phones or have I revealed my anchientness?
i was gonna mention roundaboutI love how the drumming on come together sounds like a rotary phoneanyone else remember rotary phones or have I revealed my anchientness?
No. My Flitstones phone was a rotary, does that count?

AC/DC - ThuderstruckMetallica - OrionDave Matthews Band - Two Stepand a personal favoriteBlack Sheep - The Choice is Yours (revisited)

idk if this has been said or if this is even what we are posting about but i think the intro to Bohemian Rhaphsody by Queen is one of the best.
yup said it earlier :club:
great song and one of the greatest videos ever
Damn right! That video ruled
Definately.. add in the following over a PA system and it makes it all the more magical..."Now pitching for the Yankees, number forty-two. Mariano Rivera, number forty-two."
hell yeah greatest entrance everscrew billy wagner for setaling it

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is Mambo Number 5One, two, three, four, fiveEverybody in the car, so come onLet's ride to the liqueur-store around the cornerThe boys say they want some gin and juiceBut I really don't wanna

Guns and Roses - Welcome To The JungleAldo Nova - FantasyKid Rock - BawitdabaPrince - Let's Go Crazy (Dearly Beloved.. we are gatherd here today to get to get through this thing called life. Electric word 'life' it means forever and that's a mighty long time but I mean to tell ya, there's something else.....)Public Enemy opening to "It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back" album."This time the reveolution will not be televised." Massive Attack is the King of song intro's -see Angel, Unfinished Sympathy, etc.and the classic...Maestro Fresh Wes - "Let You Backbone Slide"THIS IS A THROWDOWN!A SHOWDOWN!HELL NO I CAN'T SLOW DOWN!IT'S GONNA GO...DOWN!-Bear