Best Song Intro's Of All Time...

Kid Rock - Bawitdaba
Devil Without A Cause is better,You knew that I was comin cause you heard my nameBut you don't know my game and never felt my painCan't read my brain but you read my lipsAnd got scared when you heard that I was comin with hitsNow don't even trip, be a man insteadGive thanks I'm alive when I should be deadI'm in the red cause my mind's distortinPeople claimin that they know me, but they only know a portionI'm gonna move mountains and touch the sunDon't get scared now, you knew this day would comeSo hold your bids, all bets are closedAnd **** all you hoes
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

spirit of radio - rush
and others mentioned:Baba O'RileySweet Child O' MineStreets Have No NameCrazy Train**************not on list..I think..Pride in the Name of Love - U2Get Off My Cloud - StonesTumbling Dice - StoneLimelight - RushLonely is the Night - Billy Squier (you know its good!)Join Together - The WhoLunatic Fringe - Red Rider30 Days in the Hole - Humble Pie
Seems like everyone is talking best intro lyrically.Musically I dont think you can go pastMoney for nothing, Dire Straits.
On the subject of Dire Straits, I'd have to go with Sultans of Swing.
On the subject of Dire Straits, I'd have to go with Sultans of Swing.
Sultans of swing is a great song, but we are talking intros. The start to money for nothing, when the guitar finally kicks in, is one of the greatest intros ever.
  • 3 years later...
The National Anthem, by RadioheadI don't know if that counds as an intro since the song really has no form and is mostly chaos, but I'll put it out there If you don't like it, you can just send it right back.
upon further review, I think this just might be the correct answer. Well, Papa was a rolling stone still probably is, but that's an excellent answer.

"Be Quiet and Drive" - Deftones (I think I like it because its the calm before the storm)"Hells Bells" - AC/DC (Its an experience to see Trevor Hoffman at Miller Park)"Jump Around" - House of Pain (Go to a UW Wisconsin home game)

Los of good ones so far. Here are a few more. All for different reasons:Foo Fighters: All my life = gets the blood pumpingLed Zeppelin: Going to California = slows the blood downPink Floyd: Money = instant recognition. And who doesn't like the sound of money?

A few of my favorite intros:Whole Lotta Love - Led ZeppelinSeek & Destroy - MetallicaVoodoo Chile (Slight Return) - Jimi HendrixCowboys From Hell & Walk - PanteraBoom Boom - John Lee Hooker with Big Head Todd and The Monsters

upon further review, I think this just might be the correct answer. Well, Papa was a rolling stone still probably is, but that's an excellent answer.
I just saw this thread for the first time, and the first two I thought of were "Immigrant Song" and "National Anthem." I will keep an ear out for particularly badass song intros over the next few days.EDIT- The Arcade Fire's "Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)" is a good one.

soon i discovered that this rock thing was truejerry lee lewis was the deviljesus was an architect previous to his career as a prophetall of a sudden, i found myself in love with the worldso there was only one thing that i could dowas ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long

"Got a match?"I was at a David Byrne solo concert (for the "Rei Momo" album). He was pacing the stage, and just as he passed the mic he muttered this line into it offhandedly. The crowd went apeshit. He did another lap of the stage while everyone was screaming, then came back to the mic and launched into the most amazing salsa version of Burning Down the House, complete with conga drums. Killer, and on that tour he generally refused to play Talking Heads music, so it was a rare treat.Also, "Weapon of Choice," Fatboy Slim