Assessing Dn's Bankroll

I know Daniel has talked about playing 5/10 or 10/20 on like $200---"playing case money" as they say---but if you are almost broke losing the last $200 is nothing. It is quite another thing to get low when you are a multimillionaire.Ok, so if DN can take a $1m loss in a session in stride, how much must his poker bankroll be? I'm NOT talking his net worth. I'm talking his cash (or immediately liquid assets) dedicated to poker/gambling. To give us a little perspective down $1m in 4k/8k (I'm assuming those are the small and big blinds not small and big bets) is 125 bb's. That is NOT a lot in terms of bb's (at least I don't think it is). At 5/10 do you even flinch being down $1250? I know I don't...I'm guessing if he can lose $1m in a session and still talk about it calmly on video he must have EDIT: $5m+ EASILY (but I'd guess more like $10m) in a dedicated poker bankroll. And I'm sure his net worth is many times that.What do you think?

no way he has ten million in liquid cash. i would say that its around 3 or 4 million, tops.
You think if he lost $3-4m he'd have to start selling stocks or property to play poker? Keep in mind, any money that he is counting on from a money market acct, etc. I am counting that as part of his bankroll since it is immediately available.So if he has 2 or 3 more nights like last night, he has to start selling stuff off? I doubt it.
im guessing somewhere in the neighborhood of eleventy brazillion dollars
and you know what? this is the best guess...because in the end...its nobodies business

I wouldn't say his attitude towards losing a million is only based on his amount in his bankroll, but his confidence in able to win that back could happen just as fast as he lost it.We need to understand that if he won a million he wouldn't react like it is THAT big of a deal as it sounds. A million sounds like a lot of money but when you're playing cash games where some pots get as high as $300,000 it isn't that big after all.This is his job, he needs large sums of money to make large sums of money, and who knows he could get in a horrible run for months like any other poker player.It is too hard to predict his bankroll and net worth (Factoring in this years and the previous years, tournaments, cash game results, promotion fees if any, investments, various bets including other activities. ), My guess is as good as the next guy's guess.And to say it is none of our business is true, but we obviously know when a person is involved in a high $ environment people love to know the juicy facts and gaze at his high net worth.It will come up again and again. I'm sure Daniel is not offended by it as I'm sure he has had the question come up many times before. Whether he tells or not, Daniel can't win. People will flame him for coming out and saying he has X amount of dollars and also they'll flame him for not coming out and saying it.

You think if he lost $3-4m he'd have to start selling stocks or property to play poker? No, he'd borrow some from other top players. They all understand that anyone can run bad and he's good for it.

You think if he lost $3-4m he'd have to start selling stocks or property to play poker? No, he'd borrow some from other top players. They all understand that anyone can run bad and he's good for it.
Matusow stakes him

I don't think he was very upset about losing over $1 Million in the big game because he was up over $1 Million in the big game so far this year. He even said in the video blog that after that big loss, he was still up for the year in that game.

Just finished counting... sorry about the delay: eleventy brazillion, six hundred and twelve thousand, four hundred and twenty eight dollars and sixty four cents.
Is that counting the 5 spot you owe me for the pitas we had last week?
Just finished counting... sorry about the delay: eleventy brazillion, six hundred and twelve thousand, four hundred and twenty eight dollars and sixty four cents.
ha ha i have more than you ! eleventy brazillion, six hundred and twelve thousand, four hundred and twenty eight dollars and sixty five cents.:D my good for nothing guess would be net worth 12 million.. +/- 12 million ! :club:

JJJJJesus everyone loves to talk about this, lets say this, Im sure the guys bankroll is healthy, and Im sure if he went broke he would be able to make it back. His skill will still be present unless he gets hit by a bus, so I dont think he's hitting the ultra panic button just yet. I can't talk for everyone but I've gone through my entire roll a couple times and although it sucked I was still confident that I could come back and I did. When you succeed at a level for a good period, it should not be as difficult to go back to that level and build again. This is the ups and downs of poker, DN is a great player but everyone takes a big loss once in a while, like life you just have to keep plugging away

Don't get me wrong: I am not coming at this from the perspective of, "Geee, I really wanna know how much DN is WORTH" It is much more of the intellectual question of how the biggest of big time players manage their bankroll. It is not about the raw numbers per se, more about how they handle various PERCENTAGE swings of their roll.

Read Greenstein's book. He says that many high stakes players have lending agreements with a few players they trust. In this way, players are able to have a virtual bankroll greater than the actual cash they have sitting around. And because they have this virtual bankroll, more cash can be invested outside the poker economy.

Millions, schmillions. He knows he'll win it back. It's not real money. It's keeping score. His bankroll is investment capital. He's fully capitalized and has access to all he will ever need. He's got enough of a history of playing the big game to trust his swings, his ups and downs. I doubt Andy Beal, the real Andy Beal, doesn't sweat his bankroll. He's got all he will ever need. Nice position to be in if you can arrange it. Part of the pressure in the big game is "who has the biggest bankroll." Andy played headsup with the Corporation, and put the pressure on them by using his unlimited bankroll. Even the pros had to stop and think about the money he was willing to throw at them. His edge was his unlimited cash...their edge was they were better players than him. He leveled the play by putting pressure on them via his money. That's why he was always attempting to raise the stakes in his heads up matches against them. He was wanting to make the pros nervous about the amount of money. DN didn't seem too nervous, or worried, about losing a million. Whatever his bankroll, he evidently isn't under any pressure to sell his home. Not yet anyway.

see i knew i was close!

As far as I know, he already made $1 mm this year in the big game. He actually explains this in his blog.The only thing that I don't understand is this: What is his expected winnings from such a tough game as the big game.... Does he really think he can make money playing the big game...

Does he really think he can make money playing the big game...
Is that a legitimate question or should we just whop you on the head now?