'lucky You' Movie Trailer

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummmmmmm some of us haven't seen it yet jackass
My recommendation is - don't. But even when people tell me that I am still going to see every poker or gambling movie made.
My recommendation is - don't. But even when people tell me that I am still going to see every poker or gambling movie made.
you shoudl check out Rounders... it's a little older but has cards involved.
you shoudl check out Rounders... it's a little older but has cards involved.
LOL I might have have seen Rounders once or twice.... or 100 times. It does have cards in it at spots.
Did you see the trailer for Rounders 2 that is coming out next year?
i refuse to check it unless you can promise me it's at least soft core cable pronz
if its a spoiler, then use the fucking spoiler feature. If you can't figure how to use it...then don't post a spoiler.
So your back to normal...who was posting under your name for that 3 week period?

DISCLAIMER: Don't read this if you haven't watched the movie. But i do recommend checking it out. This movie wasnt as bad as everybody says it would be. Of course there were good parts and bad parts. I liked watching the cash game action. He didnt win every time which made it realistic. The part when he takes that prop bet involving running 5 miles and golfing 18 holes, while having to shoot 78 or better in 3 hours was interesting also. Alot of professionals had cameos which made it more realistic. The ending actually had a nice twist. Although it was dissapointing that his dad didn't win.

DISCLAIMER: Don't read this if you haven't watched the movie. But i do recommend checking it out.

This movie wasnt as bad as everybody says it would be. Of course there were good parts and bad parts. I liked watching the cash game action. He didnt win every time which made it realistic. The part when he takes that prop bet involving running 5 miles and golfing 18 holes, while having to shoot 78 or better in 3 hours was interesting also. Alot of professionals had cameos which made it more realistic. The ending actually had a nice twist. Although it was dissapointing that his dad didn't win.

FYP

Just saw this on HBO too. It wasn't horrible but it was close.If you don't want spoiler just stop reading .....I liked how the guy is able to grind up through the limits from 2-5 to the big game on a regular basis and yet he's broke. Degen. If you can grind 10K in a day why would you even want to buy into the WSOP?The ending pissed me off for so many reasons- you can't decide you don't want to show your cards to the hole cam and that's a critical feature of the ending- you can't call all-in and then not turn over your cards in a tournament- folding the best hand isn't "sympathy" it's cheating - has this bastard learned nothing?

Just saw this on HBO too. It wasn't horrible but it was close.If you don't want spoiler just stop reading .....

I liked how the guy is able to grind up through the limits from 2-5 to the big game on a regular basis and yet he's broke. Degen. If you can grind 10K in a day why would you even want to buy into the WSOP?The ending pissed me off for so many reasons- you can't decide you don't want to show your cards to the hole cam and that's a critical feature of the ending- you can't call all-in and then not turn over your cards in a tournament- folding the best hand isn't "sympathy" it's cheating - has this bastard learned nothing?

FYP...(im going to do this to start a trend made popular in the entertainment forum)
There WILL be a gambling movie about card counting in 2 years.
....In other news, Lucky You was even worse because I know poker. I spent the entire movie either groaning at the terrible acting and writing, or guffawing at the ridiculousness of it all. I also like how all the B-list players (at least in terms of popularity) got speaking roless while the big names had to STFU.The best (worst) parts were the hands and how the characters acted. They all interacted each other like they were playing Jenga or Risk instead of poker (yeah, well I raise Kamchakta!). And the main character's dad was the only person who threw the chips across the table to bet or call even more hard and over-the-top than he did.