Official 2006 Wsop Main Event Thread

song for daniel: if you get hyped watching rocky, download to your ipod "intro" by EPMD off their "out of business" CD. it has a rap baseline to the rocky fan fare, only problem is it goes 2 minutes 17 secs long. but make a loop...i listen to it before every big sporting event i played in.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andreas PavlouSimilar to the style of William Rockwell, Andreas Pavlou is playing poker with his feet. He is able to look at his hole cards without any outside help. After seeing them, he will announce a bet and a helper, who is at the table with him, will put the chips into the pot. i cant help but laugh if DN gets put at this guys table. If he wont shake peoples hands whats the odds he will play with a guy who checks his hole cards with his bare feet? :club:

Robert Burton has the honor of eliminating the first player of the day - just three minutes into play - when his J-J beats his opponent's 3-3 on a board of J-4-3-7-9.If he was eliminated how did he win the pot?

Joe Berry Eliminates Sam FarhaNo Limit Hold'em Main EventJul 30, 2006 / 16:15:00 EDTJohn Phan raised, Joe Berry called, and Sam Farha called. The flop came 964, Phan bet, Berry called, Farha raised, Phan folded, and Berry called. The turn card paired the board with another 6, Berry checked, Farha bet, and Berry called. The river card was a 10, Farha moved all in, and Berry called. The players showed: Sam Farha 99Joe Berry 66Farha had a full house (nines full of sixes), but Berry won the pot with quad sixes. Sam Farha was eliminated. That is a shot to the fantasy pool!!!!

Farha Eliminated With Full HouseJohn Phan raises pre-flop, and he is called by Joe Berry and Sam Farha. The flop comes 964, Phan raises, Berry calls, and Farha re-raises. Phan folds and Berry smooth calls. The turn brings another 6, and once again, Farha bets into Berry who just calls. The river brings a 10, and Farha moves all-in. Berry calls and Farha flips over pocket 9s for a full house. Berry shows pocket 6s, and Farha can't believe his opponent turned quads against his top set. Farha is eliminated. Didn't Farha knock someone out like the first hand last year when they both had full houses?

Gooooooo Harry!Tuan Le 17,000Ross Mallor 13,500Bobby Baldwin 13,150Richard Grijalva 12,075Joseph Reitman12,000Mike Matusow 11,800Thomas Keller 11,600Charidimos "Harry" Demetriou 11,300Antonio Esfandiari 11,300Robert Mizrachi 11,200

Robert Burton has the honor of eliminating the first player of the day - just three minutes into play - when his J-J beats his opponent's 3-3 on a board of J-4-3-7-9.If he was eliminated how did he win the pot?
He wasn't eliminated, he DID the eliminating. Read before you post.

"Are you Big Fat Paulie?"*Kicks to groin*"I'M LOUIE ANDERSON!!!* I love family guy, and I love this moreLouie Anderson F-Bombing it UpAfter being warned several times, Louie Anderson has finally been penalized for using the F-bomb.

any news on DN?
Hmm...he's got between 0 and 100 million chips...Sitting at a table with 0-9 other guys. Thats all I got.
Hmm...he's got between 0 and 100 million chips...Sitting at a table with 0-9 other guys. Thats all I got.
What do you expect when your avatar is too stupid to spell slapped!!!!
What do you expect when your avatar is too stupid to spell slapped!!!!
n1. I do like the avatar, but I would change it if I knew how to do gifs. But yeah...I had completely forgot about til now, :club:.
I just got back from the Rio after a 15 hour session. I made day 2 and I will make a trip report soon, crazy day although Im very upset with the result...I have almost no chips.
congrats on making day 2 though. thats a great accomplishment in itself. how did some of the others from here do? any idea?Jesse

Cardplayer shows that he lost like half his stack already.

I'm gonna keep my eye on Danny Masterson. He's my 1A random guy to win it all person. Go Hyde!!! While Shirley is my 1B person. Bwahaha.1A. Danny Masterson = 16,000 chips1B. Shirley Williams = 52,500 chips
Just updating.
do we really need this many louie anderson updates on cardplayer? good to see they are sticking with the big poker pros and high powered celebs.
Anyone got odds on whether or not ESPN will interview him or have a segment on him?

New Rules: They are now allowing players to start hands rolled up.Nath Pizzolato Cracks RocketsNath Pizzolato doubles up when he flops a set of eights against an opponent who is holding a set of aces.

Yeah, I think around $1.2M.
Phil Hellmuth's Results this WSOP:So, 6 cashes (pushing record to 55), a 10th Bracelet, and $1,130,559 in winnings. All in all, not a bad few weeks work.2006 37th Annual World Series of PokerNo-Limit Hold'em 07/25/2006 1 $631,863.002006 37th Annual World Series of PokerNo-Limit Hold'em Short Handed 6/Table 07/22/2006 44 $8,340.002006 37th Annual World Series of PokerOmaha High-Low 8/OB 07/17/2006 6 $48,576.002006 37th Annual World Series of PokerNo-Limit Hold'em 07/06/2006 2 $423,893.002006 37th Annual World Series of PokerLimit Hold'em 07/04/2006 13 $10,309.002006 37th Annual World Series of PokerNo-Limit Hold'em 06/29/2006 67 $7,578.00

Sun Jul 30 16:18:00 PDT 2006Jack High?Daniel Negreanu has won two pots in a row showing down Jack high and 10 high, consecutively. On the last hand, he showed down 109 on a K6338 board and took down the pot. He has increased his stack to $23,000.

Jack High?Daniel Negreanu has won two pots in a row showing down Jack high and 10 high, consecutively. On the last hand, he showed down 109 on a K6338 board and took down the pot. He has increased his stack to $23,000.Edit * Oops wasnt fast enough lol