First Car Accident

just got into my first car accident today after 3 or 4 years of driving. it was just a fender bender but it still sucks. the guy i hit was cool about it, and i blame the accident on my cars shitty breaks. these things took their time slowing me down, let me tell you. good times though.

Sucks, glad to hear you're okIn my two or so years of driving I have never been in an accident nor have I ever received a ticket while I was the driver.However, i have been in 5 accidents while I was a passenger. Three of which were just fender bender type accidnets but the other two were a little more severe. Once while riding with a friend in the passenger seat, we were going about 49 through a green light and some drunk blatantly drove through the red light and hit our back end. We both came out with just a few bumps and bruises but the drunk wound up in the hospital, not sure how he did. Another was from when I was 5 or so. My mother was driving with my older brother in the passenger seat and my sister and I in thetwo missle seats, it was a mini van. We were driving down a country road at about 60 when some lady pulled out of her driveway right in front of us and my mom slammed on the breaks and lost control sending us off into a ditch and doing about 3 full rotations on the way down. My whole family came out fin. My mom and brother had some bad cuts due to the glass. At the time I thought it was quite fun, but I was only five.

In my two or so years of driving I have never been in an accident nor have I ever received a ticket while I was the driver.
yea i had a perfect record up until now. and ive been a passenger in many accidents. i think the worst thing about this is how i always make fun of my sister for being a bad driver and now shes gonna have something on me.
Do you have any idea how damage this fender bender cost?
not sure. my car is pretty old. ill probly just try to bang the hood back into place and see what i can do about the grill being pushed in on one side. then probly just touch up some paint that got scraped off. but i will have to pay for the fist sized hole and other scrapes i put in the guys back fender. hopefully i can get out of this without raising my insurance.

I once passed through a green light, crossing over a main road at about midnight, and a guy blew a red and hit me in my rear passenger side wheel well at about 60 mph. i went into a spin and wound up facing the wrong direction, facing oncoming traffic. luckily, there were no cars on the road, and i was able to get off to the side, before verbally destroying the other guy a la Randy Reed.Then I chuckled, since it was all his fault, his car was totalled, and somehow, my car got away with a dent about the size of my forearm, and needed and alignment tweak.

nothing against you, but who the hell says that? ive never heard that. why not the size of sdnuol's ****?
I say it. It actually was almost exactly the size of my forearm.

ive only been driving less than a yeear but the closest i came with with someone else' truck.But yeah, my brother is the worst driver ever. On a snowy night with icey roads, 2 of my borthers and 1 sis are gonna go somewhere. Then drive off, and 5 mins later WALK back up the street to the house. Apparently my broth was an idiot was was driving down the curvy icey road doing like 45, and hit a parked car IN ITS DRIVEWAY. To add to the enjoymeny he of course said it was the roads fault for being slickanother one. A while ago when my mom was driving me, 2 borthers and 2 next-door neighbors to school she rear ended a car at a dead stop going 45 MPH. Thankfully, no one was in that car because that car rear ended someone 15 min prior to my mom hitting themmy mom has also pulled onto the off ramp of I-25, only going like 5 MPH, as she pulls up to the stoplight she says, 'guys, theres a cop, put your seatbelts on' Appropriately, she rear ends the car in front of her....they get out see theres like no damage and get back in their cars

Been driving for almost 15 years, and I've only had two accidents (one minor, one major). I rear-ended a guy with my little S-10 (he was driving an older full size Chevy pickup with one of those old diamondplate steel bumpers). Didn't do anything at all to his truck, but my front end was bashed in pretty good. He looked at his bumper and agreed to just let it go, there really was *no* damage at all to his vehicle and the accident was 100% my fault. The major one was the death of my '93 Camaro. I was on my way to class and realized there was a major traffic jam ahead, so I decided to pull a U-turn and head for the other entrance to the campus. Inexplicably, there was a city bus driving *through the median* to avoid the traffic (there was no possible turn to be made for at least a half mile, he was breaking the law). I didn't look before I turned (thinking..."why would anyone be in the median when there's no possible turn to be made for half a mile?") and got creamed by the bus as I was turning around. Put my head through the drivers side window, giving myself a concussion, but I was otherwise unhurt. The insurance company took one look at my baby and cut me a check, there was no saving it.

just got into my first car accident today after 3 or 4 years of driving. it was just a fender bender but it still sucks. the guy i hit was cool about it, and i blame the accident on my cars shitty breaks. these things took their time slowing me down, let me tell you. good times though.
You rear-ended a guy? I'd say it's time to get your brakes fixed. Why'd you wait so long? Hope you're both ok AND you've learned a valuable lesson. :D:D:club::D

interesting update here. the night i had this accident (which is gonna cost me $1600 all together) my freind totalled his car around the same time. his accident was on the highway i was about to exit onto when i rear ended the guy. apparently his accident was a big 4 car altercation which backed up traffic on that highway and the surrounding roads. i was thinking to myself that night "whats with all this traffic." that explains why i was closer to the guy infront of me than usual, which is why i hit him when he slammed on his breaks. so my freinds accident indirectly caused my accident. well ok, that might be a stretch but still pretty wierd to have an accident around the same time and around the same road as a freind on the same night.

I've only been in one accident. It was late and I was tired and very new to driving. I had to make a left turn, and there was a green light, but no green arrow. The oncoming lane that I had to cross what sort of at the top of a hill, and I was too stupid to stop and wait and look to see if a car was coming. Instead, I just went out into the road and hit a woman on the side of her car. She had a big dent and some scratches, my car was completely unaffected. She was a major ***** and later accused me of leaving the scene of a crime.(We were in the middle of an intersection, it was a minor crash, so I slowly drove to a gas station literally five seconds away so we could discuss it and swap info and what not.)

I've been in several accidents, including flipping my car upside down and getting broadsided by a guy trying to turn left when I was attempting to go through a yellow light. Let me tell ya, accidents suck, but you'll make it through. Good luck with the insurance company.