Professional Poker Tour

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best Poker show on tv....bar none. My only gripe....I wish they would get some announcers who know how to announce and who can explain why the players are doing what they are doing. How many more times are we going to have to hear about how this is the most prestigious tournament in the world.
doesnt mark seif announce this?
Yeah, the other guy (not Seif) consistenly makes poker-related mistakes when calling the action. Other wise, pretty good stuff.I missed that. What did Bigler say?
Bigler limps UTG with J8c, some limpers call, Goering completes with 82o, Harmon checks with 7h8hflop is like 6c7s9d checked to Bigler who bets like 6k into like the 15k pot. Georing and Harmon call. turn is like a 3c, giving Bigler a flush draw as well. They check to him and he bets 12k into like a 40k pot. Goering fold and Harmon calls. the river is a 8, not a club and they both check. Harmon shows her two pair and Bigler critizes her saying it was a terrible play and blah blah blahthats why you really shouldnt try to bluff someone with a bet of like 1/4th the pot. with his huge draw Bigler shoulda made a big bet or checked

It's so strange....seeing Hoyt receiving beats rather than giving them. Although I HATED his check on that flop. He's only a 65/35 favorite, which isn't very good odds to trap someone for all their chips.I agree though, good show. I personally like Mark Seif's announcing. I've always wondered, in the WPT, when Mike Sexton and VVP are announcing on site, if the players ever hear them talking.

seif is pretty terrible if you ask me. hsp is the best poker show on tv anyone who thinks differently doesnt know poker.
Have to say I agree...but the PPT IS a distant second.
It's so strange....seeing Hoyt receiving beats rather than giving them. Although I HATED his check on that flop. He's only a 65/35 favorite, which isn't very good odds to trap someone for all their chips.I agree though, good show. I personally like Mark Seif's announcing. I've always wondered, in the WPT, when Mike Sexton and VVP are announcing on site, if the players ever hear them talking.
Here we go , another guy who thinks they are good enough to not put all their money in 65/35.let me guess u fold AK vs QJ :club:
Here we go , another guy who thinks they are good enough to not put all their money in 65/35.let me guess u fold AK vs QJ :club:
seriously, do you think that pro's should be god's and only trap when they have them dominated.
Don't get me wrong, I'll take 65/35 all day but I mean, he had a pair of 6's. With a 7 kicker. Not something I'll trap with too often.
seriously basc, do you think that pro's should be god's and only trap when they have them dominated.
did u forget the sw in your post? My post completely stated that I think they aren't gods to pass up 65/35 spots.... plz read carefully
they tape the final table live and then sexton and VVP go through it and announce they dont announce live
Don't get me wrong, I'll take 65/35 all day but I mean, he had a pair of 6's. With a 7 kicker. Not something I'll trap with too often.
Which is why they are pros and you arent
did u forget the sw in your post? My post completely stated that I think they aren't gods to pass up 65/35 spots.... plz read carefully
didnt forget the sw, just addressed it to the wrong person
they tape the final table live and then sexton and VVP go through it and announce they dont announce live
I was under the impression that they did part of the announcing live and part of it taped. They're certainly sitting there in the booth during some of the tournaments (players have come over and talked to them or overheard them).As for last night's PPT, does anyone else think that it's a bad play for Corkins to push the AK there? Harman raises, Bigler calls, and Juanda pushes in...I'd seriously have to consider laying the hand down. The only thing that I can think is that Corkins figured Juanda might be pulling a squeeze play...but even then...it's pretty risky.
They actually announce the FT live, they just have no access to hole cards while the event is live. They do, however, do some commentary while it is being played. They just go back over and edit it all once they are able to see the cards. To me, sounds kind of dumb and i like your idea better. But i think the "element of surprise" is lost (if they don't do it live first) with certain situations.Also, i don't know if i've seen this program before, anyone know what station it's carried on in Ontario, Canada, if it is picked up. - thanks

It's on the travel channel here, don't know if you have that. The same channel that carries WPT.

I can't believe I need to explain this...AK vs QQ is a coin flip... QQ loses all the time to AK and 88 loses to A9..etc...After Corkins hits his A...it is known that Bigler folded a Q...so there was one queen left in the deck.The odds of that card coming on the river was about 45 to 1.So you see WHY now?
This is why I hate they show %s with the cards already mucked
As for last night's PPT, does anyone else think that it's a bad play for Corkins to push the AK there? Harman raises, Bigler calls, and Juanda pushes in...I'd seriously have to consider laying the hand down. The only thing that I can think is that Corkins figured Juanda might be pulling a squeeze play...but even then...it's pretty risky.
Yeah, I don't think Hoyt analyzed the hand very much as he pushed rather quickly, or at least, that's how it was shown on TV. Did you see Juanda's reaction to when Hoyt flipped his hand up? He looked pretty disgusted and thought for sure he had to have AA to push all in there. You gotta put Juanda on at least 1010 or JJ and so you're in a coinflip at best. With Bigler and Harman in the hand, they almost have to have at least one of your outs. I think if Corkins had analyzed the hand a bit more he could've/would've laid it down.
So is there any way to explain Rose's slowrolling. This is twice now they've shown him doing it if I recall correctly.
I dont know. If i had been at the table I would of called his *** out.

I was glad to see Juanda win it, I don't like Bigler. I agree it was lame that Rose slowrolled his pocket Jacks. What's there to think about there when it's a short-handed game and the short stack moves all-in?