Matusow On Front Page Of Usa Today

he's the dennis rodman of pokerhe got set up on the drug things - I think its unethical for the government to create crimes to throw people in jail
werd... I'm not one of these legalize everything idiots but I can't imagine that taking the time to set the mouth up to pick up some drugs was worth it. It's like getting him off the street was really gonna take care of a major drug problem in LV. What a waste of money and time.
werd... I'm not one of these legalize everything idiots but I can't imagine that taking the time to set the mouth up to pick up some drugs was worth it. It's like getting him off the street was really gonna take care of a major drug problem in LV. What a waste of money and time.
it's about beuracracy - these units get funded and to stay alive they need to bust someone - mike has issues - doesn't sound like drugs was really one of themthis is after all the same government that put tommy chong in jail for selling glass
um.. the government doesn't create crimes. they create laws. people break them.
Great article. I think one of the things lost in all of the Poker phenomenon right now, and this is coming from someone who watches about 10-20 hours of poker on TV a week, is that it ISN'T a 'glamorous' or even 'good' lifestyle or career choice for the VAST majority of participants. Mike is a huge testament to that. Even very successful players can end up very very unhappy.They never show that side of it on TV, of course. It would actually make for some interesting TV if they did some "Nuts" type bits on those who really are down and out or who flamed out, etc. But that would wreck the image, I guess. TV needs more and more people to jump in, and they want to protect that dream.

I'm suprised that this article doesn't mention anything about his Full Tilt sponsorship. Don't all the members of Team Full Tilt have a part ownership of the site. I often hear people talk about this but I don't know all the details. If it is true that Matusow has a stake in the website like a lot of the other pro's I have a hard time believing that he goes broke so often. Maybe he did in the past, but now he has nothing to worry about if it is true that he is a share of Full Tilt.

Jeez, the sample poker hand in their "Learn to Play the Game" link would be fun to play in a real game.
are you really supposed to burn a card before you deal the holecards? that's news to me.
Great article. I think one of the things lost in all of the Poker phenomenon right now, and this is coming from someone who watches about 10-20 hours of poker on TV a week, is that it ISN'T a 'glamorous' or even 'good' lifestyle or career choice for the VAST majority of participants. Mike is a huge testament to that. Even very successful players can end up very very unhappy.They never show that side of it on TV, of course. It would actually make for some interesting TV if they did some "Nuts" type bits on those who really are down and out or who flamed out, etc. But that would wreck the image, I guess. TV needs more and more people to jump in, and they want to protect that dream.
On that note.....i don't know if people actually realize fame and fortune DOES NOT happen for everyone who picks up, moves to vegas and decides to be a professional gambler. If you ever walk down the strip in vegas, take a long look past the tourists, it's actually very sad. Mike is lucky, he's obviously got some great friends who are willing and able to help him out when he's in a downswing.I guess i never realized the extent of the problem in that city until a recent visit. My hubby went out and bought some new shoes (like most men he HATES shopping). As he was leaving the store, he changed into the new ones and instead of putting them in the trash can outside the store, he left them on top, (understanding that there may be someone in need of them) as his friend laughed about who would want those shoes. A few hours later, in our trails down the strip, a gentleman walks past us, looking like he was just coming from (a very long day) a construction site. My hubby waited until the man had gotten far enough past us, and told us the shoes the man was carrying was the pair he had left for the taking.I'm not saying that this man lost everything to gambling, but in Vegas especially, i think i can speculate that alot of people leave their "normal" lives and jobs, take everything they can and have and try to be the next professional gambler looking to break the bank and amass a huge fortune very quickly. The glamour of the new craze of poker is something that is surely fueling that fire. Sorry had to share this. I will never forget that day in Vegas, it really made me realize what could happen to anyone.

I would think the LVPD would have bigger fish to fry then Mike. I wonder if he cut a deal to send some big time dealer to the cooler for a long time. Sounds like entrapment to me.

I would think the LVPD would have bigger fish to fry then Mike. I wonder if he cut a deal to send some big time dealer to the cooler for a long time. Sounds like entrapment to me.
Go reread the article. It wasn't local cops, it was the DEA and probably an agent looking for a name. Think about it, Poker is an interesting place to launder money if you were any good.Mike, I give you props if you really have made the turn. It's not an easy thing to do...
Go reread the article. It wasn't local cops, it was the DEA and probably an agent looking for a name. Think about it, Poker is an interesting place to launder money if you were any good.Mike, I give you props if you really have made the turn. It's not an easy thing to do...
heh stopping people from laundering money saves the taxpayers moneyluring someone into buying drugs and paying for their prison stay costs