My First Online Poker Deposit

I just deposited 50 bucks at pokerstars. How long does it take for that money to be available?
:club: check now...

$50, prolly won't get much play off that. Well, I actually deposited $19 (what i had left in my moneybookers account, which i never use) into my poker room account (after i cleared a bonus, i withdrew it all and got another one going at UB). Up to $35, oh yeah.

Ah, just reading this made me all sweaty and nervous thinking about the first time I finally took the leap and made a real money deposit at a poker site.Thanks for the memories. Might as well warm up the next $50 right now.

I got $20 free from Titan a coupl weeks ago. Turned it into 74.44 playing only .02/.04 NL 6 Max. If that doesn't scream TP/MM I don't know what does.

have faith in your game and dont play too high stakes for your bankroll...i started with $50 and made it to $1300...then lost it all playing over my head...deposited another $50 and made it $1300 again....then lost it all playing over my head (stupid me)....so i deposited another $50 this time and i made it to 4 figures again and now playing much better and within my bankroll (third times the charm)....been constantly cashing out several hundred dollars each day....so have faith and dont make my first couple of bankroll mistakes...good luck!

have faith in your game and dont play too high stakes for your bankroll...i started with $50 and made it to $1300...then lost it all playing over my head...deposited another $50 and made it $1300 again....then lost it all playing over my head (stupid me)....so i deposited another $50 this time and i made it to 4 figures again and now playing much better and within my bankroll (third times the charm)....been constantly cashing out several hundred dollars each day....so have faith and dont make my first couple of bankroll mistakes...good luck!
What stakes are you playing, 1300 seems to be your number.
What stakes are you playing, 1300 seems to be your number.
i usually do the SnG's...i started out playing $5 SnG's then moved up gradually by only risking 10% or less of my bankroll in each SnG's...now i just play $75-$100 buy in SnG's and cash out each time i win...i like to keep around $1100 in my account...i would play higher SnG's but on fulltilt, the higher stakes just dont get enough traffic so i just play at the $75-$100 level....i also started playing limit and was at 5/10 but moved back down to 3/6 which i find much easier and profitableps - i know there are other sites with more traffic but i like fulltilt's software and feel...just feels more comfortable to me
i usually do the SnG's...i started out playing $5 SnG's then moved up gradually by only risking 10% or less of my bankroll in each SnG's...now i just play $75-$100 buy in SnG's and cash out each time i win...i like to keep around $1100 in my account...i would play higher SnG's but on fulltilt, the higher stakes just dont get enough traffic so i just play at the $75-$100 level....i also started playing limit and was at 5/10 but moved back down to 3/6 which i find much easier and profitableps - i know there are other sites with more traffic but i like fulltilt's software and feel...just feels more comfortable to me
11 buy ins seems low for a bankroll. A bad patch of variance and you are finished.
I lost $50 this morning.. don't expect it to be in your account very long :club:
Yo, Wandigo, you seem to be always blowing through 50 to 100 dollars rolls. Why not save up till you get a grand and then play?
11 buy ins seems low for a bankroll. A bad patch of variance and you are finished.
well yes 11 is low if i was to constantly play $100 until i go broke...but lets say i lose $500 dollars...then i'm going to drop to the $50 SnG's and if i lose another $200 then i drop to $30 SnG's and so on....so it should be plenty for my purposes...and if i go broke...i cashed out enough so i have money to put back into my account now... :club:
have faith in your game and dont play too high stakes for your bankroll...i started with $50 and made it to $1300...then lost it all playing over my head...deposited another $50 and made it $1300 again....then lost it all playing over my head (stupid me)....so i deposited another $50 this time and i made it to 4 figures again and now playing much better and within my bankroll (third times the charm)....been constantly cashing out several hundred THOUSAND dollars each day....so have faith and dont make my first couple of bankroll mistakes...good luck!
FYP

To OP, good luck and just don't overextend yourself. Good bankroll management is always key after making your first deposit. I turned 50 dollars into my current bankroll and now multi table $200NL on Full Tilt.