is still in with 16 people left in the stud 8 eventin 10 years he'll have more bracelets than events offered
FYPI'm jealous though, i dont want to give him credit, but i kinda should

If he won this event would it be more impressive then Raymer winning then going out in twenty something place? more impressive then Chan's back to back to second in the main event? I think it would be what do yall think?

If he won this event would it be more impressive then Raymer winning then going out in twenty something place? more impressive then Chan's back to back to second in the main event? I think it would be what do yall think?
chans is the most impressive because he did it in the most important tournament against the toughest field, if Madsen wins here it'll be more impressive than raymers finish though

Also does anyone know if ESPN is filming this final table? I would hope they would but I am sure they didn't have it scheduled but now if he makes it how can they not film it

Also does anyone know if ESPN is filming this final table? I would hope they would but I am sure they didn't have it scheduled but now if he makes it how can they not film it
they wont, I dont think a split game has ever been broadcast on tv except for the last few hands of a tournament (like when annie duke won her bracelet in omaha 8) If he makes it to heads up they might show a few hands of it, but you wont see an episode for this table, 100% guaranteed

Final table in 6th chip position... but as far as impressive goes, maybe the fields weren't as big but don't forget Mr. Ted Forrest got 3 in 93 in razz, o8 and studhi. That's okay too

if he wins this it would probably be the greatest wsop performance ever in 1 year
Its a toss up. I mean Forrest and Hellmuth and Ivey have all done it and I think that there accomplishments are just as good, if not better. It just seems like some of the events this year compared to years in the early to mid 90's are more watered down with more dead money. I mean yes I know field size can be taken into consideration, but I dont know how much. Dont get me wrong, the kid can play for sure, but best ever in 1 year, I dont know.JEFF
Friggin kidding me? 3rd Final Table at this year's series. Unreal, I'm starting to really believe as well...
I'm pretty sure this is his 4th final table at this WSOP... If I remember correctly, he also finished 3rd in a PL Omaha Hi-Lo event...Incredible...

I'm still not a believer. I sat there and watched a couple of his final tables during my breaks and it seemed like every hand he was in he came from behind. He'd call all-ins after a flop of paint with 66 and without fail, river a 6. Top pair with a raggy kicker and make 2 pair on the river. Every time he was in trouble he would catch something. People have gone on month-long rushes before. I wont be a believer until he wins a major later this year. I guess I'm a hater. whatever.

Winning today is definitely more impressive than in the 80's. And yes, it's purely because of field size. Of course there's more dead money out there, but all the same pros are in there as well, with the same chance as anyone to take advantage of it. By saying Chan's were more impressive because he was only against top pros isn't a good argument, in my opinion, because I think if you dumped four or five thousand donkeys in the tourneys Chan won, the achievement would be even more impressive.As much as these guys are dead money, they're also land mines. If that wasn't the case, we'd have nine recognizable faces at every final table.

I think the bad players are both a good thing and a bad thing for the prosGood in that their edge is bigger bad because they increase varianceHow many times have you heard Daniel say I laid it down because I couldn't put my opponent on insanityThe bigger the field the more reps you have with your money in as an 80% fave which means you will get bad beat more - especially in a game like NLMy guess is that if they had 8000 people playing stud 8 or better as the main event the pro's would cakewalk home

I'm still not a believer. I sat there and watched a couple of his final tables during my breaks and it seemed like every hand he was in he came from behind. He'd call all-ins after a flop of paint with 66 and without fail, river a 6. Top pair with a raggy kicker and make 2 pair on the river. Every time he was in trouble he would catch something. People have gone on month-long rushes before. I wont be a believer until he wins a major later this year. I guess I'm a hater. whatever.
I just hate people sometimes.

considering he has made 4 final tables, won two so far and in three different games. He has to be pretty good. Sure he got lucky along the way, but everyone does.